Summer Memberships

Thanks JB! I didn't realize clubs in Florida did that. I wonder if there are in clubs in Jax. Fl. that have the same deals... I'll have to do some research and find out! Thanks for the heads up!

honestly, I wouldnt think so. We did not have it like this in Tampa either. Sarasota is so golf rich, all the while being a town that many only reside for half the year, so courses are dying for players.

honestly, I wouldnt think so. We did not have it like this in Tampa either. Sarasota is so golf rich, all the while being a town that many only reside for half the year, so courses are dying for players.

Yeah, I was worried about that. Although, I can't complain, some courses in this area have some very good deals but with nursing school starting in the fall a summer membership would have been perfect. I'll still ask around and see if any courses do summer memberships.

Yeah, I was worried about that. Although, I can't complain, some courses in this area have some very good deals but with nursing school starting in the fall a summer membership would have been perfect. I'll still ask around and see if any courses do summer memberships.

Cool. Let me know what you come up with.

Beags,
You ready to do this? : )

I got an email from River Hills today offering a summer membership for as low as $51. They are obviously HURTING for members, but when I looked into joining a while ago I think it was 5 times as much as that as their cheapest offer.

For many it signifies golf season beginning and in other places it means it is ending. Down in FL it means cheap golf. Almost every private club down here is offering their 6 month memberships and they are dirt cheap.

Waterlefe $250
University Park $500
Riverstrand $500
Palm Aire $400
The Meadows $500

These are just some examples and are not per month, but for the next 6 months total. This is full golf membership (as well as fitness, tennis and social) and as many that have played in this area know, these are some incredible golf courses.

The per round deals are so good and there are 37 golf courses with in 40 minutes, so one does not have to join of course, but it is tempting.

I remember playing Bardmoor and Clearwater CC midday during July and August back in my younger days...it was torture!

I can't wait to live in Florida.

THPing on Tapatalk

Just wait till November when those rates double or even triple. Basically a forced winter season for those who are on a budget.

Just wait till November when those rates double or even triple. Basically a forced winter season for those who are on a budget.

That is definitely true. I understand when people say "can sniff rates like that here", but they are definitely not full year rates. Some of these are over $400 per month the other 6 months.

Price to pay to have so many options of course, but you get the good with the bad in terms of fees.

For many it signifies golf season beginning and in other places it means it is ending. Down in FL it means cheap golf. Almost every private club down here is offering their 6 month memberships and they are dirt cheap.

Waterlefe $250
University Park $500
Riverstrand $500
Palm Aire $400
The Meadows $500

These are just some examples and are not per month, but for the next 6 months total. This is full golf membership (as well as fitness, tennis and social) and as many that have played in this area know, these are some incredible golf courses.

The per round deals are so good and there are 37 golf courses with in 40 minutes, so one does not have to join of course, but it is tempting.

Crazy delayed on this one, but those deals are unreal. I assume that does not limit tee times or anything?

incredible prices. How are guest rates at these places during your summer season?

Crazy delayed on this one, but those deals are unreal. I assume that does not limit tee times or anything?

incredible prices. How are guest rates at these places during your summer season?

The first 3 at least aren't private, so guest play is day fee. Pretty dang reasonable rates over the summer from what Beags tells me. I'll certainly be finding out.

That is definitely true. I understand when people say "can sniff rates like that here", but they are definitely not full year rates. Some of these are over $400 per month the other 6 months.

Price to pay to have so many options of course, but you get the good with the bad in terms of fees.

It's a catch 22 no matter what. The only real way to keep it cheap per round all year is be in a CC and then hopefully your background check on it makes it one you're satisfied with in almost every aspect.

THP's just a few phone calls away from an Old Memorial membership right? Haha

I'm late to this as well but completely agree. Those are amazing deals! I wish there were deals this good around me for the summer.

Those are some crazy crazy deals. My dirt-track 9-hole that we get membership at is going to clock in at like 650 for the year (which will only be like 5 months max anyways). Our City course is over 1100 for the year and its going to be flooded out for the next 2 months.

I don't get it, why is it so cheap? Does everyone just hide in there houses scared during the summer? It gets pretty freaking hot and humid in the midwest too. Oh and we have ridiculously cold winters. Why am I still living here? Ugh.

I don't get it, why is it so cheap? Does everyone just hide in there houses scared during the summer? It gets pretty freaking hot and humid in the midwest too. Oh and we have ridiculously cold winters. Why am I still living here? Ugh.

Sarasota is the international capital for old people. They all go home to New York, Canada and Ohio for the summer. It's just beags, JB and the old people who can't drive home.

I'm late to this as well but completely agree. Those are amazing deals! I wish there were deals this good around me for the summer.

As much as this can be considered a joke, you could probably get a similar price for winter memberships where you live haha!

Because people don't like playing in anywhere from 87-97 degrees with 70% humidity plus, while also dodging the afternoon thunderstorms. A good portion of business is in the early morning before it gets really hot. Courses are usually open after 1pm, so the rates drop to the point of "charge anything to bring in business" rates.

Sarasota is the international capital for old people. They all go home to New York, Canada and Ohio for the summer. It's just beags, JB and the old people who can't drive home.

Not exactly, but Sarasota does have quite a few people that still live in two states. They also have 37 golf courses with in 35 minutes of each other. Less people, golf courses need to stay busy = cheap rates.

FWIW, Venice is older than Sarasota.

Not exactly, but Sarasota does have quite a few people that still live in two states. They also have 37 golf courses with in 35 minutes of each other. Less people, golf courses need to stay busy = cheap rates.

FWIW, Venice is older than Sarasota.

I know, just giving you a hard time.

You would think Arizona would be swimming with summer membership deals since the temp here in summer is just shy of egg frying, but no dice. I can't complain, most green fees will be just north of a $20.00 bill at most course.

Cool. Let me know what you come up with.

So after internet research and calling various golf courses in the area, I have not found any places that offer any summer memberships here in the Jacksonville, Fl area. However, there are some great deals out there that include unlimited range use with discounted golf for very affordable rates and courses that are waiving the initiations fees. Also, Dye's Valley has a great deal going on right now but nothing as affordable as those rates in Sarasota. Those are sick!

Wow, greens fees are cheap right now in Bradenton/Sarasota area. Heck even Sarasota National and some of the nicest in the area, are under $30 to play. Pretty darn exciting.

That's ridiculous.

Around Naples/Ft Myers green fees are $24-35, $300 for summer memberships.

Using HTC EVO LTE

Back