Summer Memberships

How is The Meadows? I'm heading that way to look around a bit today and tomorrow, we have friends that love it. Are the courses and practice areas good?

How is The Meadows? I'm heading that way to look around a bit today and tomorrow, we have friends that love it. Are the courses and practice areas good?

Public course = great layout and average conditions.
Private course = solid conditions.
Range is average
Good short game area

Arguably the best location in all of Sarasota however. 10 minutes to the beach. 2 minutes to University Park Shopping and the new luxury mall going up. 5 minutes from Lakewood Ranch area.

In laws live there. Its a bit of an older clientele, however it is skewing younger recently. One thing to note is that while it is older, the people have quite a bit of pride in ownership and they really take care of the neighborhoods.

Awesome JB thank you for the info, we are pretty much the same as far as making sure our home looks good. I'm going to rent for a year until we get straightened out and on the right path. Hello 95 south!

Just spoke to River Strand Country Club and they have their summer rate start on the 1st.
$500 for a single and $750 for family
Good for all facilities through September.

That's the really nice one, right? Hell of a deal.

Just spoke to River Strand Country Club and they have their summer rate start on the 1st.

reasonable cart fees?

Do you and GG have a room I can rent from you for the summer, that is amazing deals

For many it signifies golf season beginning and in other places it means it is ending. Down in FL it means cheap golf. Almost every private club down here is offering their 6 month memberships and they are dirt cheap.

Waterlefe $250
University Park $500
Riverstrand $500
Palm Aire $400
The Meadows $500

These are just some examples and are not per month, but for the next 6 months total. This is full golf membership (as well as fitness, tennis and social) and as many that have played in this area know, these are some incredible golf courses.

The per round deals are so good and there are 37 golf courses with in 40 minutes, so one does not have to join of course, but it is tempting.

Those prices are unheard of up here. I'd join like 3 clubs and still be ahead of what is up here.

That's the really nice one, right? Hell of a deal.

Yeah, the remainder of the year (outside of summer) it costs $119 to play 18.
They have 3 nines, a great practice facility and a full country club. Features 2 restaurants, huge pool with tiki bar, banquet rooms, locker rooms, card room, kids play area, 18 tennis courts, fitness center w/ classes and more. Just about everything one would want and expect from a club like this.

Outside of the $500, its $20 for cart fee for $18.
Range balls are free if you are playing and $3 a bag if you are not.

Not thrilled with the range ball price being extra, but understand it.

Those prices are unheard of up here. I'd join like 3 clubs and still be ahead of what is up here.

You have to remember its off season down here during this time. The remainder of the year the rates are no where near this.

What is their typical summer rate?

Anywhere from $39 to $69 depending on the time of day.

heck of a deal imo, im overdue to play it too

You have to remember its off season down here during this time. The remainder of the year the rates are no where near this.

Do they have separate winter rates for the other 6 months? Or do most places do away with that, knowing they're making all their money on daily fees during the peak season?

Do they have separate winter rates for the other 6 months? Or do most places do away with that, knowing they're making all their money on daily fees during the peak season?

Winter rates (in season) are absolutely in place and how many of these courses survive. Sure some have daily fees available, but they know at over $100 per round, they are not filling it up with that. Its for those that want a special country club feeling for the round.

Rates are $360 per month I believe the rest of the year.

Winter rates (in season) are absolutely in place and how many of these courses survive. Sure some have daily fees available, but they know at over $100 per round, they are not filling it up with that. Its for those that want a special country club feeling for the round.

Rates are $360 per month I believe the rest of the year.

That is still not very bad, even though it is when juxtaposed with the summer rates. I already told my wife we were moving some where warmer if we have another winter like last this year. And I mean, the kids will need to play year round to get those golf scholarships... I may have to start taking a gander.

That is still not very bad, even though it is when juxtaposed with the summer rates. I already told my wife we were moving some where warmer if we have another winter like last this year. And I mean, the kids will need to play year round to get those golf scholarships... I may have to start taking a gander.

Nope, not bad at all. Having lived all around this country, I will never live in another place I cant play golf all year long. Its just not in the cards for me.

Nope, not bad at all. Having lived all around this country, I will never live in another place I cant play golf all year long. Its just not in the cards for me.

After the winter we have had it feels like we haven't played in years, I could envision moving somewhere where golf was at least a little more accessible for most of the year. And at the rates you have mentioned it would be worth it.

I don't love the $750 price tag, but I do like that we can go out and play 9 or 12 holes and it's not too expensive. Plus we get full use of the country club, including the fitness center and all their classes (which is like 5 or 6 a day), plus their pool which is pretty sweet.

I don't love the $750 price tag, but I do like that we can go out and play 9 or 12 holes and it's not too expensive. Plus we get full use of the country club, including the fitness center and all their classes (which is like 5 or 6 a day), plus their pool which is pretty sweet.

This!

That pool with the tiki bar attached is fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a solid deal for River Strand, and one that is quite tempting.

Sounds like it'd be a good place for a small club testing... I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Do it! Meghan and the kids can hang out at the pool with me and you guys can go golf. Win-Win. :smile:

That's a definite win-win

Back