Swiftwick Socks - THP Preview

I wore my swiftwicks yesterday...hard to really give them a good review because it was so wet and soggy they everything was wet when I was done.

I will say that I probably should have gotten the zeros.

Are those socks worth it?

I finally broke and snagged two pair of Zero's off the bay, should have them Tuesday or so. I'm intrigued and can't wait to try them out.

Ran across this thread today...socks...golf socks. Man there's a thread about just about everything here at THP.

I've got to quit reading these threads...now I've bought 2 pairs of Vibe Ones off of eBay! What's next!

Last edited:
everyone needs to stop buying these socks i want more and its becoming difficult to find them online now!

heres a pic of the performance Zeros today with my TW 2012 shoes. i think the performance models are a little thicker than the other ones i have worn but just as comfortable. i will prob just buy any model that i like the colors in as i think they are pretty close to the same only big difference ive seen is thickness in certain areas.

IMG_1391.jpg

Buck...i agree with you...i have already bought more than what i was given to review. I see the zeros as high on your ankle. Do you pull them on real tight?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Buck...i agree with you...i have already bought more than what i was given to review. I see the zeros as high on your ankle. Do you pull them on real tight?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I don't think I pull them tight but maybe I do.

Got mine in today. I ordered all zeroes but they sent me a one by mistake. Not gonna go through the hassle of returning it but ill chip in when I wear em and let you guys know what I think.

2012-07-16_17-16-14_232.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342484392787.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342484392787.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My socks came in today and I immediately put them on with my new ECCO Biom Hybrid. Wow these socks feel great! These are the performance zeros.

18ea514e.jpg

5389d5e2.jpg

I also picked up these as well. Pewter/blue/gray.

69f62c29.jpg

Dang those last ones look real good!

--
Tapatalk2

So...Puttin4Bird...

I just ordered the Vibes but I'm curious...the Vibes are supposed to be more plush than the Performance. What do think...big difference in thickness?

So...Puttin4Bird...

I just ordered the Vibes but I'm curious...the Vibes are supposed to be more plush than the Performance. What do think...big difference in thickness?
I wouldn't say there's a huge difference at all, in fact you can't notice much when holding them side by side. Putting the Vibes on you can definitely see that they're just a bit thicker and seem to be more sturdy if that makes sense. The Performance are awesome then the Vibe feels just a touch more awesome I guess. I'll try to compare them a little better after I can get a round of golf in with them on.

I wouldn't say there's a huge difference at all, in fact you can't notice much when holding them side by side. Putting the Vibes on you can definitely see that they're just a bit thicker and seem to be more sturdy if that makes sense. The Performance are awesome then the Vibe feels just a touch more awesome I guess. I'll try to compare them a little better after I can get a round of golf in with them on.

Good...thanks for the info.

Just saw that my Swiftwicks were delivered today. Cant wait to wear them tomorrow

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Had these on again today. It's official I'm in love. It was 102 and I didn't have any issues with my feet being hot or sweaty. I'm buying more soon.

I can't decide on what size I want, I am a 10.5-11.5 in most shoes...don't know if I want M or L. I hate sock sizing, "fits 10 to 13" is a pretty damn big sizing window. I feel like L socks usually feel too large on me, and I'd rather have them be smaller and have to pull them on tight...but then I'm afraid the M will be too small/short on me.

Christ, I'm even indecisive on buying socks. I need help.

I can't decide on what size I want, I am a 10.5-11.5 in most shoes...don't know if I want M or L. I hate sock sizing, "fits 10 to 13" is a pretty damn big sizing window. I feel like L socks usually feel too large on me, and I'd rather have them be smaller and have to pull them on tight...but then I'm afraid the M will be too small/short on me.

Good lord man it ain't rocket surgery. Earlier you wanted a no show, if the medium is a little short then it will certainly be a no show.

--
Tapatalk2

I am a 9.5 in most shoes and went medium. I think you would be better off with the larges to be honest.

I'm a 10.5 or 11 and I got large and I'm happy with the sizing.

Hart, go large man. They are pretty tight socks.

I wore the performance one's today and I'm pretty happy with em. I'm not sure if I was expecting some miracle to happen or something but it wasn't that dramatic. I walk to and from work and my feet tend to sweat quite a bit anyways. Just getting home and kicking off my shoes I can say my feet don't feel like I've sweated it all and feel quite dry. Throughout the day my feet felt a cooling sensation and that was very nice. These socks are great. Worth 10$ a pair? I honestly don't know. At 5-6$ a pair it would be a no brainer, but considering a week's worth of these socks would cost me 70$...thats a little hard for me to swallow.

I agree they are a little pricey and if they had pairs that were a little cheaper these would def be the only socks I own but I'm really hoping these stay durable and if they last longer and dont shrink like my under armour socks I may think they could be worth the investment to switch out more of my socks. It's just hard to do that with the amount of socks that get destroyed at work.

Thanks guys, large it is.

Good lord man it ain't rocket surgery. Earlier you wanted a no show, if the medium is a little short then it will certainly be a no show.

--
Tapatalk2

Not exactly sure what rocket surgery is...could you elaborate? :drinks:

Thanks guys, large it is.

Not exactly sure what rocket surgery is...could you elaborate? :drinks:

It's a line from some random show that stuck in my head.

--
Tapatalk2

It's a line from some random show that stuck in my head.

--
Tapatalk2

Boondock Saints 2, the worst sequel in the world..maybe? Could've been said in other places too I'm sure.

Anyway, order is placed.

I guess I'm not a rocket surgeon...but 10.5-11.5 would be a large. I'm willing to bet my Barbizon School of Engineering degree on it!

Back