Sybase Classic (with spoilers)

Wonderful report Claire. So glad you are having so much fun.

Great story Claire! It's great when the underdogs surprise us.

Great news for your team. Hope you have another fun one tomorrow!

Anna Rawson LOOKS ABSURD in my opinion with that outfit.

I don't thinks it's bad at all.

ImageThumbnailer.ashx

(Really snarky aside: how does she manage to look like she has boobs in her model photos?)

:giggle: Claire said "boobs."

Some good pairings Saturday:

Start Time : 11:20 AM
Brittany Lincicome
Ji Young Oh
Suzann Pettersen

Start Time : 11:00 AM
Paula Creamer
Michelle Wie
Karrie Webb

Start Time : 9:40 AM
Lorena Ochoa
Natalie Gulbis
Amy Hung

She'll get there eventually. Or make a great financial manager.

Oh--she can work with us and we can manage the entire LPGA. I told Hubby this would be good for business!

Anna's yellow shoes were kind of weird.

As was the hat, because while on TV it did not look like it fit her head.

When your head is the same size and shape as a 60-watt lightbulb, it's hard to find hats that fit well.

Ouch.

Coverage not on at this point beccause they are showing the end of the Lacrosse game. Two things.

1. The game is a blowout.

2. It is FREAKING LACROSSE.

What a leaderboard.

Petterson
Creamer
Brittany
Wie

All in the top 6. Good leaderboard and the weekend should be a joy.

Wie has a Sony bag and not a Nike bag. Has that been the case the last couple events?

I think Karrie Webb may pee standing up.

Michelle Wie's interviews have gotten SO much better. Normally, I can't even listen to them.

The twelth hole, where Paula had her double bogey, is scary just to walk.

It is totally cool to watch a tourney on a course I've walked that many times.

Michelle Wie's interviews have gotten SO much better. Normally, I can't even listen to them.

They are still pretty bad, but getting better. I know ING has been working with her on this rather than just Dad.

The twelth hole, where Paula had her double bogey, is scary just to walk.

It is totally cool to watch a tourney on a course I've walked that many times.

That is very cool always. I must say that I have been noticing a trend with Paula that is starting to drive my crazy. Every time she hits a shot she doesn't like she pouts. It is even more irritating because she squats down.

Every time she hits a shot she doesn't like she pouts. It is even more irritating hotter because she squats down.

Fixed it for ya'.

Spoiler
5d97f929e79c802ac3bdd8f3d5a0eb39-getty-golf-epga-irish-open.jpg

Thanks for the spoiler tags!

I think I am just paying closer attention after the Tiger talk here last week. If Tiger had done what Morgan P did or with Paula pouting after each shot, people would be yelling. In fact think about it for a sec, could you IMAGINE if Tiger had wrapped his driver around his own staff bag and it broke what people would be saying?

"What kind of freaking role model is that?"
"I have been saying forever what a jerk he is"!

And much much more.

I've been critical of Paula for ages for her hystrionics and temper tantrums. She strikes me as horribly spoiled, based solely on her public persona on game day, of course. Maybe she's sweet as pie in person when not holding a golf club.

That said, like I said before, culturally we tend to expect more of grown men in the control-your-sensitivity-and-exhibit-a-bit-of-stoicism department than we do of young women.

Anybody have predictions for who is going to pull this one out? I am going with the Nike women. Either Suzanne to hold on or Wie to make a run.

I am catching up on my golf from Friday actually. Did anyone else hear Brittany Lincicome and her caddy talking after they showcased her drive? They were discussing the movie For Love OF The Game. I love that movie!

Rankin even tried to defend her for this. No way.

I was just listening to the commentary around Morgan breaking her driver. Judy Rankin didn't try to defend Morgan. She just pointed out that it wasn't as if Morgan took her driver and broke the shaft over her knee. That she had hit her bag out of frustrating and unfortunately the shaft broke. We see golfers do that all the time without breaking the club. Little bad luck, but shouldn't have happened anyway. I think this is more out of frustration for her entire season so far. Only one top ten, what is going on? Hope she gets back on track.

As far as golfers showing their frustration, whether Tiger or Paula or Morgan, it just doesn't really bother me. I don't like when they do things like spit in the cup (Sergio), but a little hitting the ground or bag with their club...I really don't mind. I like that it shows their passion. We have all done it!

Back