TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons - Forum Testing Review

Nice writeup Jeff. Solid and very well thought out. I am with you man, the 2.0's are a really great set of irons!

lcs - Congrats on the new irons! I was messing around with the demo 6 iron last night and had a little ponder myself.

lcs - Congrats on the new irons! I was messing around with the demo 6 iron last night and had a little ponder myself.

Hawk... It seems you (like me) ponder a lot!!

I always ponder :) I'd like to take a set out one of these days. I thought the 6 iron was ok, but I wasn't a big 6 iron fan at the time. I wish they'd sent a 7 or 8.

I always ponder :) I'd like to take a set out one of these days. I thought the 6 iron was ok, but I wasn't a big 6 iron fan at the time. I wish they'd sent a 7 or 8.

I wish I could help you there buddy, but you swing from the opposite side of the ball.

I love my 2.0s Hawk, it has been very, very hard to have them shelved for the past couple of weeks.

To be honest hawk I've been pondering these and the R11's due to the great reviews they've been getting. I ultimately went with the 2.0's due to the price difference. The reviewers seemed to be getting similar results so in the end the softer hit to the wallet won. I was gaming Adams A4's and their a bit more of a gamer's club. Had this been pre-THP, I'd probably be going for a less forgiving club and a more player performance club, thank god I stumbled upon here almost a year ago!

To be honest hawk I've been pondering these and the R11's due to the great reviews they've been getting. I ultimately went with the 2.0's due to the price difference. The reviewers seemed to be getting similar results so in the end the softer hit to the wallet won. I was gaming Adams A4's and their a bit more of a gamer's club. Had this been pre-THP, I'd probably be going for a less forgiving club and a more player performance club, thank god I stumbled upon here almost a year ago!

You won't regret the 2.0's. They are wonderful. Good luck with your purchase!

Glad we could help with your purchase. In my eyes, there are only downsides of the Burner 2s are the occasional 'nukes' where the ball travels 5-10% farther than normal distances. I see one of these every rounds or so. The second downside (in my eyes) is the amount of offset in the longer irons. With my hook miss, the offset does make it worse. Since most golfers fade / slice the ball, I understand why TM would keep the offset to try to help the largest % of their target audience.

I'd still recommend these anyday, however for my game, I would probably choose the rescue set with a 4 rescue instead of 4 iron (if the rescue comes in a neutral face angle).

Played a round yesterday with my 2.0s and really loving these more and more.. Anyone on the fence should get them.. Make sure u get fitted to make it worth while

Played a round yesterday with my 2.0s and really loving these more and more.. Anyone on the fence should get them.. Make sure u get fitted to make it worth while

That's awesome buddy! So glad they are working out for you.

Glad we could help with your purchase. In my eyes, there are only downsides of the Burner 2s are the occasional 'nukes' where the ball travels 5-10% farther than normal distances. I see one of these every rounds or so. The second downside (in my eyes) is the amount of offset in the longer irons. With my hook miss, the offset does make it worse. Since most golfers fade / slice the ball, I understand why TM would keep the offset to try to help the largest % of their target audience.

I'd still recommend these anyday, however for my game, I would probably choose the rescue set with a 4 rescue instead of 4 iron (if the rescue comes in a neutral face angle).

It's why I was lucky to get the 5-AW set, I'm currently gaming the Burner 2.0 4h hybrid and like it so much that I'm replacing my 3 wood with the 3 hybrid. Since they're the same family of club I'm hoping they blend seamlessly!

Looking forward to getting my set any day now. Got them with DGX100's and 1 degree weak lofts. Should be a legendary combo!

Looking forward to getting my set any day now. Got them with DGX100's and 1 degree weak lofts. Should be a legendary combo!

I may have missed it, but why the decision to go with a weaker loft?

I just want to give a thank you for every tester here ! It's a great thread with lot of valuable informations. So thanks everyone

At the moment I think about switching my Nike Slingshot irons (5-PW, regular,graphite) to Taylor Made Burner 2.0 irons (5-PW, regular,steel) Got a great deal from my local dealer and I think that the burner irons will help my game more than the slingshots.

I just want to give a thank you for every tester here ! It's a great thread with lot of valuable informations. So thanks everyone

At the moment I think about switching my Nike Slingshot irons (5-PW, regular,graphite) to Taylor Made Burner 2.0 irons (5-PW, regular,steel) Got a great deal from my local dealer and I think that the burner irons will help my game more than the slingshots.

Thanks for the acknowledgment and I'm really glad we are able to share our feedback. Keep us updated with your move to the Burner 2s and let us know your thoughts, impressions, etc.

possible skim alert

dubbledxu, do you have any reviews of rounds played locally with the 2.0's? Id be interested to see how they performed on some courses around here that I might be familiar with in the same weather and conditions that Im obviously playing in as well, searched through the thread for info but looked like most of the 7-8 rounds you played out of town. If not, no biggy, thanks

possible skim alert

dubbledxu, do you have any reviews of rounds played locally with the 2.0's? Id be interested to see how they performed on some courses around here that I might be familiar with in the same weather and conditions that Im obviously playing in as well, searched through the thread for info but looked like most of the 7-8 rounds you played out of town. If not, no biggy, thanks

Here's my most recent review using the 2.0s here in Cincinnati.
I played Lassing Pointe down in Union, KY. I travel for work every week so am fortunate enough to play all over the country, but that has only left me logging a few rounds in Cincy this whole season. One at Fairfield, Lassing Pointe, Boone Links, and Vineyards. All my range videos are done locally, as its easier to squeeze in a range session early on the weekends rather than a full round.

Here's my most recent review using the 2.0s here in Cincinnati.
I played Lassing Pointe down in Union, KY. I travel for work every week so am fortunate enough to play all over the country, but that has only left me logging a few rounds in Cincy this whole season. One at Fairfield, Lassing Pointe, Boone Links, and Vineyards. All my range videos are done locally, as its easier to squeeze in a range session early on the weekends rather than a full round.

awesome...thanks, Ive heard Lassing Pointe is a good one!

Thanks for posting this. It means more than you think when we hear stuff like this.

You and I are similar on this. I did the same thing, with the info from this thread it was an easy decision to make.

I went from the Slingshots (iron shafts) to the Burner 2.0s. It was a smooth transition. Took a while to get adjusted, but started seeing results with the 2.0s rather quickly. 2.0s are much longer, it's good to know that going in.

Thanks for the compliments. The 2.0's are a great set of irons and you should enjoy them. Good luck and keep us updated!

Thanks for letting us know! I really appreciate the feedback and was glad that I could help you make your decision. Enjoy the new unstoppable 2.0's!

Like the others have said, it means a lot that you come in here and let us know this. Thanks a lot, and I really hope they treat you as well as they treat me.

Back