TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons - Forum Testing Review

Seems to be quite a bit of off the toe shots going on in here. That was my big miss with these irons as well. Did you guys order these irons to your specs? I agree about a lot of what you guys are saying: you know it when you hit one out there but at least you get a decent result. The ball tended to fade a bit for me though, but that's b/c my irons were a bit too flat for my liking. Good job guys.

Did you guys order these irons to your specs?

I ordered mine to my specs according to a fitting I paid for specifically for these irons (1* up and 1/4" short of burner 2 std)

Heres a pic od my pw after 30 balls or so at the range, im very interested to see how the face finish holds up. Its easy to see that nasty toe ball I had.

IMAG0121.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered mine to my specs according to a fitting I paid for specifically for these irons (1* up and 1/4" short of burner 2 std)

hmm, and you're struggling with off the toe contact huh?

Seems to be quite a bit of off the toe shots going on in here. That was my big miss with these irons as well. Did you guys order these irons to your specs? I agree about a lot of what you guys are saying: you know it when you hit one out there but at least you get a decent result. The ball tended to fade a bit for me though, but that's b/c my irons were a bit too flat for my liking. Good job guys.

These were ordered to my spec. I think my problem came from the boating and tubing I did the day before. I was pretty tired feeling and I just don't think I was rotating my shoulders and hands around well.

The great write ups just keep on coming guys. Way to go! I had the big tease already this morning. 9:15 and FedEx shows up....without my clubs. Arrrggghh!!! Hopefully there will be a second delivery to my office today. I am so excited to get these, and even more so after reading your reviews, that I just can't stand it!

Yes, I ordered them directly to my specs from my fitting last year. I am 2* up and +.5". My #1 shaft option was the KBS Tour, which i received. The C taper wasn't out at the time of my fitting, that was another option, but I chose to go with what was recommended. I am not having much trouble at all with mis hits. My transition has been pretty easy so far, but remember, I was playing pretty similar clubs and shafts with the R9/KBS 90 before.

Let us know what you think is making you push them Jefrazie. Glad your liking them after your first round.

Burner 2.0/R9 Comparison pics

To my surprise, they are the exact same length. Appearantly, aftermarket shafts do not come long on the Burner 2.0. Red grips are R9, white grips are 2.0.
Burner202002.jpg

Burner202003.jpg

The head on the 2.0 is actually a bit smaller than the R9
Burner202004.jpg

Burner202011.jpg

Burner202007.jpg

Burner202008.jpg

Burner202012.jpg

Finally, in the bag
Burner202049.jpg

Burner202039.jpg

Burner202026.jpg

Burner202038.jpg

Last edited:
Let us know what you think is making you push them Jefrazie. Glad your liking them after your first round.

I really think it just has to do with me being tired and not getting my hands around. When I really relaxed and swung smoothly, the clubs worked great for me. I'll update again on the pushing problem on Wed after league night.

To my surprise, they are the exact same length. Appearantly, aftermarket shafts do not come long on the Burner 2.0.

Wow, I just checked mine and my B2s are (luckily) the same length. I did order "1/4 shorter than burner 2.0 standard stock" when I sent my specs. Here's 2 side by sides of 8 and PW

IMAG0123.jpg

Finally got them in! No hard times with the video, it is my first attempt. they will get better. Pictures to follow shortly.

Gorgeous yorkem.. And the right hand for me

Tap tap taparoo

Yorkem, there's something wrong with your clubs.....they are backwards. :D

Interested in some tandem testing maybe Thursday?

Yorkem, there's something wrong with your clubs.....they are backwards. :D

Interested in some tandem testing maybe Thursday?

Definitely want to, but can't do Thursday because my wife and I have tickets for Cirque du Soleil

True. But what I meant was that I just heard my local range has crappy ones. I wish they had nice ones, or I wish I had another range haha.

If you are talking about Hackers they are horrible. I would rather go play than waste 12.50 on a jumbo that I have to hand pick. Otherwise it is like hitting a bucket of pool cues.

Definitely want to, but can't do Thursday because my wife and I have tickets for Cirque du Soleil

All good. Let me know when you're up for it. Maybe we can get your friend to bring his VR combo's as well.

Some photos:

unboxpics001.jpg

unboxpics002.jpg

unboxpics003.jpg

unboxpics004.jpg

unboxpics005.jpg

Nice video YOrkem....why didnt you get the office gnome to hold the camera?

Congrats Yorkem! Its about time! :)

Nice video YOrkem....why didnt you get the office gnome to hold the camera?

Thanks buddy. He was already gone. He leaves at 2pm every day. man he has a cool boss! hahaha

Thanks buddy. He was already gone. He leaves at 2pm every day. man he has a cool boss! hahaha

Hahahaha, he does! I applied for a job and didnt get it. Supposedly there are height restrictions.

Have fun at the range today, cant wait to hear your thoughts.

Man Yorkem needed a 3rd cup of coffee. Would have gotten rid of the shakes lol. Good job man. We will both be testing the clubs out at the range tonight

I had such a quick turnaround with the 2.0's this weekend being that they arrived approx 2 hours before my round on Friday and then busy with the Holiday this weekend, I hardly had time to research what I had received.

As I noted in my recent picture post, the KBS Tour shafts are not long like the stock 2.0 shaft. They are built exactly to my specs, which explains my ease of transition so far. They are the same length and only 1 degree stronger across the board than my R9's were, which actually makes me even more impressed with the bad boys. I am getting at least 8-10 yards on every club, and closer to 15 yards on my 4, 5, 6. I was under the impression the extra length was a big part of this, along with 2* more loft. As it turns out it is only a 1* difference and the same length shafts. Impressive!

Here is a link to the 2.0 specs page. For my situation, only the lofts are accurate, since I have different shafts and am 2* upright lie.

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/burner/specs.aspx

I am already thinking of selling my R9's because I like the 2.0's so much. I know it is premature, and my R9's are last years model, so they are very nice, but the 2.0's have already left a lasting impression.

Later this week I will get out and do a head to head range session between the two sets of irons. I am really interested in seeing the results of a true side by side comparison. Is it all in my head? Or are these this sweet? Probably a little of both. The long term results won't lie!

I am seriously thinking about the 2.0s with the KBS shafts. I love reading this thread!

If you are talking about Hackers they are horrible. I would rather go play than waste 12.50 on a jumbo that I have to hand pick. Otherwise it is like hitting a bucket of pool cues.

I'm actually back home now, not in south GA until school starts back up. Hackers actually bought some new range balls recently though.

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

Back