TaylorMade Forged irons: Coming next year?

My mind is reeling about these clubs. I love the feel of my DF's and I am very interested in TM's new offerings, but I do feel that they may have put themselves into a little pricing dilemma.

you'll need to change your screen name to tc-made.

ooo, great question. i must admit it, i'm slowly morphing into a TM fanboy. never thought that i would say it, i always thought that they were marketing geniuses and that was it. but when you actually put their equipment in the bag and on the course, it flat out gets it done. imo, they make some of the best sounding, feeling, and performing clubs out there.

will they be on my radar? absolutely! will the price effect how long they stay on it? absolutely!

My mind is reeling about these clubs. I love the feel of my DF's and I am very interested in TM's new offerings, but I do feel that they may have put themselves into a little pricing dilemma.

and unfortunately, that could impact how well they sell.

you'll need to change your screen name to tc-made.

haha, we'll see!

Forged TM irons are immediately on the radar. Will have to hit them and see how they compare to the Mizzies. After yesterdays range session the 200's are firmly in the bag and it would take something spectacular to kick them out. Never understood the internet hatred for TM. They make outstanding products. Still think the ST was the best driver I've ever hit and their entire range of irons are fantastic. RAC TP's are still one of my favorite irons of all time. R9 and Superfast 3 woods are amazing.

something I think they could easily fix with a 'just reduced' pricing alert at your fave big box store

I'm sure they'll look awesome, but I won't be pondering them.

New Taylormade forged irons.

New Taylormade forged irons.

I hadn't seen these posted yet but this catalog just showed up at my work.
c6e90859.jpg

i merged this one with OEM's thread. those look nice KU. what are others initial thoughts?

I'm already envisioning my blended set...CB 4-5, MC 6-7 and MB 8-PW. CAN'T WAIT!

Is it a weight on the back or do they have the XFT faces?

Is it a weight on the back or do they have the XFT faces?

That's a great question. I had not even paid attention to that detail. It does resemble a screw on the back of the cavities.

i would assume it's just a weight, but i'm not certain.

Its a weight.

If you type in taylormade forged irons 2011 on google, it'll come up with links to golfwrx and mygolfspy with more pics. I personally feel that the blade is the best looking. Taylormade should have thought about going without the carbon fiber looking backing in the cb and mc.

One thing I was surprised with was the amount of offset in the MB's. The 3 and 4 irons have over 3mm. My guess would be that they are trying to make them more appealing to everyone. I think they all look pretty good though. That picture was from the fall catalog so I would imagine that they'll be in stores pretty soon.

One thing I was surprised with was the amount of offset in the MB's. The 3 and 4 irons have over 3mm. My guess would be that they are trying to make them more appealing to everyone. I think they all look pretty good though. That picture was from the fall catalog so I would imagine that they'll be in stores pretty soon.

They wont be. According to everything we have, you are looking at a January launch.

Hey JB, will the new forged irons by TM have zero offset like the R9 "B" version irons or will TM release like four different versions of every club like they normally do?

Hey JB, will the new forged irons by TM have zero offset like the R9 "B" version irons or will TM release like four different versions of every club like they normally do?

I cant answer that one for you. Will have details soon though.

They wont be. According to everything we have, you are looking at a January launch.

Hmmm. How come they are in the Fall catalog then?

And for mustng, they have a pretty good amount of offset. I can't remember exactly but I think the 3 iron had something like 3.5mm of offset and progressively got smaller to about 1.5 in the PW. Kind of odd for a forged Muscleback type of set.

And for mustng, they have a pretty good amount of offset. I can't remember exactly but I think the 3 iron had something like 3.5mm of offset and progressively got smaller to about 1.5 in the PW. Kind of odd for a forged Muscleback type of set.

Because ordering is being done. Their fall releases for equipment is Burner 2.0s, new Burner and Tour Burner ball, SuperLaunch hybrid, and Ghost Daytona putter.

I already have a Burner SuperLaunch hybrid on order...can't wait to get my hands on it!

Because ordering is being done. Their fall releases for equipment is Burner 2.0s, new Burner and Tour Burner ball, SuperLaunch hybrid, and Ghost Daytona putter.
Tour Burner ball? any more info on these?

Thanks KUJayhawks, well I guess that means they are going to release a "B" version, I dont see most pros playing with that much offset, i know that I dont want to, Nike VR ProCombos it is then....

So. If these pictures floating around are in fact the new forged irons what a big let down. I think Taylor Made dropped the ball in a huge way. After seeing they have a beautiful iron like this in Japan.

365331109_o.jpg

This just tells me theyre still not serious about selling forged irons in the US.

Back