TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

He seems to have changed away from it. I wonder why after the success he has had with it in the last few months??

Probably because he's 11 under through 3. :D

I was just about to ask about J-Day switching from it as well, it has led him to two second place major finishes! Very interesting...

Just realized today the spider has a different insert than the rest of the ghosts, it has (along with the est79 series a suryln pure roll while the others have titalium (no not titanium) insert. Also realized you can get all the ghost series in "rossa" and then they will come with the old agsi insert... Fewww to many options

wait, you can get the new ghost spider with the old agsi+ insert that was in the original spider? nowai!

no not in the spider, just the other ghost putters, spider is its own line away from the rest of the ghosts...

no not in the spider, just the other ghost putters, spider is its own line away from the rest of the ghosts...

any of the ghost putters with the agsi arent new, they are last years, the new ghost tour putters are different having the adjustable weights, last years ghost dont, also the agsi in the old spider is different than the agsi+ thats in last years ghost, there is the red agsi insert, then the black agsi+. Also Rossa is gone and no new taylormade putters have Rossa on them, thats all last years and before.

woah there were ghosted putters last year...did not know that...i just saw these sitting at golfgalaxy and was like woah haha

I tested this putter at the store and I really liked it. The feel and weight were good but it was a little lighter than my sabertooth. It had a really good sound to it, like it was a sound effect on a video game, not real. I didn't really notice that the white color helped with my alignment. I do like these spider putters, it was down to this and my sabertooth when I was purchasing my putter a couple of years ago.

got about an hour in on the practice green today after work. I am so glad i switched grips to the IOmic. i can just feel the putts better. i think since the grip is a lot firmer than the original grip it doesn't mute the feedback from the putts. i also feel like i don't have to grip the putter as hard with the IOmic, i don't like having a firm grip on the putter. playing at a pretty nice course tomorrow see how i putt.

The Ghost Spider was on fire again this weekend.
I played in a scramble for Spokane Hospice.
As a team, we shot 23 under par.
We didn't win, but we had a blast.
The Spider did not let me down at all and impressed the whole team with the performance.

Spokane Hospice is a fantastic organization and I can't thank them enough for their support when my family used their services before my mom passed away last summer.

23 under?? Seriously?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

23 under?? Seriously?

That was my initial response...perhaps it was a putt putt course?
Great job DD, I admire all "good" hospices for the service they provide.

23 under?? Seriously?

Yep...23 under.
What I neglected to add(my bad) to that was that since it was a fund raiser, you could buy these cheat cards for $20(all money went to Hospice).
The cheat card included 1 kick, 1 throw, 1 mulligan, and 1 foot of string to use to finish a putt.
So.....it really wasn't an honest scramble score.
But it was for fun and for charity.

Yep...23 under.
What I neglected to add(my bad) to that was that since it was a fund raiser, you could buy these cheat cards for $20(all money went to Hospice).
The cheat card included 1 kick, 1 throw, 1 mulligan, and 1 foot of string to use to finish a putt.

lol i was just gonna say how can't that win... i have heard of buying mulligans before at a scramble for charity but this is different! kinda cool.. glad you were putting so well.. i had a great putting day today with my spider.

Well, despite an astronomical let down with my short irons and wedges, I managed a 7-over score today, and that would have been MUCH worse if I wasn't lighting it up with my Ghost Spider. I took the 10g weights out of my old R7 and put them in the putter, and I like the slightly heavier feel it gave me.

Putts today were just rolling in, heart, sidedoor, full circle, everything seemed to be falling, and if they didn't fall it was always just a little tap in.

Can't say a single bad thing about this putter except for my headcover seems to be getting marked up a bit from having black irons/wedges rubbing against it while I walk.

Man I wanna have a great day with the Spider I don't have yet.

Man this putter is getting lots of love.

Mine showed up today. It's badass looking.

Who else went with the center shafted version?

Yep...23 under.

We have a toys for tots tournament every year that gives eah team 6 feet of string and sissors, you can use the string anywhere on the course and you cut off what you use.

Miss a putt by two inches, put the end of the string at the edge of the cup, stretch it to the ball and cut that off and you made the putt! Tee shot OOB by 8 inches, do the same thing...we get some crazy low scores in this thing!

i havn't but my buddy did and as soon as he gets back from his wedding in florida im stealing it for a round or 2 to try it out. He said we could switch Ghost Spiders for a round or 2. im scared ill like the center shaft better.

That's the one I have my eye on. I have the center shafted Spider Vicino and love it.

Ive never even seen the center shafted version. Golf Galaxy had one in 33" which suits me well. So I OEM'ed it.

Back