TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

Ive never even seen the center shafted version. Golf Galaxy had one in 33" which suits me well. So I OEM'ed it.

I sure do like it. C/S is the way for me to go, and the forgiveness of a mallet is almost too good to pass up. I've still got the plastic on it, it will stay that way until post-MC.

Man I rolled this again in Golftown again, along with the previous Monza Spider and I LOVED IT MORE! I was making everything, I'm really pondering buying last years Spider and painting it white. I was making everything with that bad boy, looking forward to your thoughts on the CS model TC. I haven't even seen one yet in person and its in the running as well.

I sure do like it. C/S is the way for me to go, and the forgiveness of a mallet is almost too good to pass up. I've still got the plastic on it, it will stay that way until post-MC.

Mine didnt have plastic on it but the ugly ass stickers that TM/GG put all over it will stay on till post MC. Same affect as leaving the plastic on for me.

Oh snap! Look at this awesomeness!

aefc92a6-1b03-adb7.jpg

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I tried one out and loved it. Just can't afford one :(

I think it looks a little odd in the CS version. I prefer the non CS

Last edited:
I've now hit both the center shafted (over the weekend) and single bend. I liked them both and they are both still face-balanced.

Really a solid putter. If I had some extra dough, I'd OEM one for sure.

I think it looks a little odd in the CS version. Double bend is the way to go. It will definitely make more putts.

thats cause TC bought a backwards edition CS Spider! lol yeah i never used a CS putter and i was always worried it would screw up my alignment with the shaft right in the middle of everything. but i def wanna hit one soon and see if it makes a difference.

Nice TC, i love mine, i hope it treats you well

aefc92a6-1b03-adb7.jpg

That looks so darn good in lefty!!!! Just so darn good.

Well, I was frustrated enough with my Monday round to go out this morning and shoot 18 at my home course. Finished the day 1-over (par is 71). I had a much better day all around with the irons and wedges, and once again this Ghost Spider was on fire. I'm just loving how every putt I hit goes where I was aiming. It really puts the onus on the user, which is something I really like. If I screw up a putt, it's on me, not the equipment. Finished the day with 30 putts right on the money.

Man the thing about living where I do is that I am so far from any large cities or areas where there are nice golf shops. The golf shop in South Bend, Indiana closed 2 years ago and it was the only one within 2 hours of here. Other than that it is just local golf shops with very limited selection, and no one around here has one of these yet. Anxious to try one!

aefc92a6-1b03-adb7.jpg

I think you are standing on the wrong side of the ball :silly:

As for the ghost putters...I dont know if the white helps me aim but my confidence with a putter is amazing now. I average 12-13 putts when I play 9 these days.

aefc92a6-1b03-adb7.jpg

The CS version looks strange to me. Almost like it would teeter back and forth. It just has too much going for me where I wouldn't be comfortable using that.

Just picked up my CS spider last night!

I putted for about an hour at GS last night. I hit the odyssey darts, sabretooth, the Corza Ghost, and the heel shafted spider. For some reason the center shaft just seemed so much easier for me to keep on line. At one point I drained 4 straight outta 5 and that was it. sold.

Cant wait to go roll it on the course!

The size doesn't bother me while putting, but in the bag it screams HEY LOOK AT ME!

Jason Day back with the Ghost Spider, sinks a pretty impressive birdie putt on his first hole of the day.

He semmed to put decently with the spider. Wish I could hole those long ones :(

Day looked pretty good today with the Spider

Jason Day back with the Ghost Spider, sinks a pretty impressive birdie putt on his first hole of the day.

I just knew after his last touney, that he would go back to the Ghost Spider !

Rolled 2 of these today. 1 was a belly putter, the other standard length. This putter just doesn't do it for me. I'm not hater of mallet putters but this thing just looks too freaking big for my liking. The pure roll insert is still a very nice improvement over last years Ghost insert.

I finally got to roll the heel shafted version this weekend, and it was very nice looking in person, but the heel shafted just didn't perform for me and the top graphics are a little busy. But I can't wait to give a CS version a roll.

Well, even though I've been putting well with the GS, I've been regretting changing the grips. Loved the Black Widow Widowmaker grip on my Futura, but it just didn't seem right on this one. Went to Golf Town today and had them swap it out for an Iomic midsize with 4 wraps under it. Already in my hands it feels much better. Can't wait to get it on the course. I think this will be a welcome change.

The Ghost Spider was on fire this weekend at the MeadowWood Amateur.
It was a huge factor is helping me shoot the lowest round of my life on Saturday.... -1 under par 71.
I made 4 putts over 12 feet and one of those was almost 35 feet for a bird.
The comfortable feeling when I stand over a putt with this club is amazing.

The Ghost Spider was on fire this weekend at the MeadowWood Amateur.
It was a huge factor is helping me shoot the lowest round of my life on Saturday.... -1 under par 71.
I made 4 putts over 12 feet and one of those was almost 35 feet for a bird.
The comfortable feeling when I stand over a putt with this club is amazing.

Dude, you've been on fire with that thing. Mine's still all wrapped up, but will be getting unwrapped in about a week.

Dude, you've been on fire with that thing. Mine's still all wrapped up, but will be getting unwrapped in about a week.

It has been a great addition to my bag. It's almost embarassing at times.
In the last 4 rounds I have been asked 3 times, something to the effect of...."do you ever miss with that thing?"
I did have a 3 jack on Sunday, but it was due to my building anger at the way I played the 2 previous holes.

Back