TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

And you saw distance differences between these and the 2.0s because the ball is "shooting off the face more"?
How was your testing done? I am really curious if you have some numbers?
You said the lofts werent the same (they are in half the set) and I am curious about this ball shooting off hte face more that you are seeing?
Testing was done on the launch monitor at a local golf shop. Wish I could give you exact numbers but its not like I wrote them down. As far as, "shooting off the face", that refers to the feeling.

Testing was done on the launch monitor at a local golf shop. Wish I could give you exact numbers but its not like I wrote them down. As far as, "shooting off the face", that refers to the feeling.

When you hit the R11s were you hitting the 2.0s at the same time? How much more distance were you seeing out of the 2.0s? Sine it was inside on a simulator, can I assume you were hitting a 6 iron only?
Earlier I thought you said that you saw more distance because of the ball "shooting off the face", hence the reason I have asked about it since both irons have thin faces.

i finally hit the r11 and the 2.0. while i liked the feel and look of the R11, i cant complain about the 8-10 extra yards i was getting with the 2.0.. now im not planning on buying new irons until next year. these 2 will def be in the running list. but i will be going in with an open mind.

blatant thread jack here but this makes me ponder what the CB's would be like with KBS shafts in them too...

No doubt these are some good sticks and it sounds like TM has another offering for its following...wonder if a Tour version will come out with a white 'lug nut?'

I hit the CBs with kbs shaft in Chicago, I just never really like the CB.

Hit the MC and MB better and they felt much better than the CB.

They ha me in te 2.0 for forgiveness- but if I was going to pick in the TP line would have had a blend of MC and MB haha

Not sure what it was. Club never felt right in the CB-

Then you hit the R11 and you don't want to swing anything else! Haha seriously these clubs are assisting :)

They ha me in te 2.0 for forgiveness- but if I was going to pick in the TP line would have had a blend of MC and MB haha

Then you hit the R11 and you don't want to swing anything else! Haha seriously these clubs are assisting :)

The R11's are great and think they are the best offering TaylorMade has put out this year, but many many people feel that CB rules.

Matt are you drunk bro.

The R11's are great and think they are the best offering TaylorMade has put out this year, but many many people feel that CB rules.

I thought in the right hands, the CB was the best out of the forged line, except for the MB's.

The R11's were nice when I hit them, but I don't know.

I thought in the right hands, the CB was the best out of the forged line, except for the MB's.

The R11's were nice when I hit them, but I don't know.

The MB's are straight cash homey.

I think the R11's are damn good irons and I still lust them.

That is sick! A R11 forum testing! Way to go Taylormade and THP.

and there it is. I bet this thread and the testing thread blows up(whenever the testing and signup thread go live)

woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah!
R11 Testing? i'm in heaven, THP heaven. :drool:

Ironically, the birdie thread had this info up 2 days ago.

This thread is going to go crazy. R11's are fantastic irons.

Are you sure? This makes me look like a genius! :D Tweet tweet!!

That just happened!

Absolutely awesome! That would be really cool! Thanks in advance THP and Taylormade!
I'm going to watch for the signup with baited breath!

Wow haha you guys never cease to amaze me. I assumed with yoccos video that is what was happening, but this is awesome!

Off topic I know but...
Anyone want to guess how many pages the signup will have? Or better yet how many it'll have over the Adams and Wilson Staff combined?

Can't wait for more details.

I really like what this THP Birdie is chirping! Possible R11 testing...Awesome. First Morgan Cup R11 reviews, now this. Taylormade and THP...a match made in golf heaven.

Off topic I know but...
Anyone want to guess how many pages the signup will have? Or better yet how many it'll have over the Adams and Wilson Staff combined?

Can't wait for more details.

Let's not worry about this. If people don't sign up for Wilson or Adams that is their loss. As far as I'm concerned it should be an honor and a privilege to test everything and anything THP offers. I think we should just be excited with the idea that there are more opportunities popping up every day!

This thread is going to go crazy. R11's are fantastic irons.

I second this. Well, the crazy part anyways -- I can't say they are fantastic because I simply don't know enough about them -- I hit these irons at a local store yesterday and thought they felt solid. Hard to tell about the topline with all that tape on the club head, but rest assured I'll be watching this one intently as my quest to push away from GE irons progresses.

Let's not worry about this. If people don't sign up for Wilson or Adams that is their loss. As far as I'm concerned it should be an honor and a privilege to test everything and anything THP offers. I think we should just be excited with the idea that there are more opportunities popping up every day!

Well said. The more work that people put into reviews, the better that this site will look to manufacturers, which will mean more testing opportunities in the future.

Definitely looking forward to hearing the opinions of the testers on these irons. I think it's cool that in the iron segment, there will be testing ongoing for more of a players' iron (Wilson FG Tour V2), an iron that is a blend of GE and GI characteristics (TaylorMade R11), and an iron-hybrid set that is more in the SGI range (Adams A12 OS). It's a great mix of real-world opinions that every player can benefit from.

Back