TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

Seriously, if you run down the check list of what's attractive about an iron, the R11's have it all.

1. Distance
2. Forgiveness
3. Aesthetics

Workability is optional to me. It's not something that makes or breaks an iron for me. I much prefer high and straight over the ability to maneuver a golf ball. It's pretty exciting times and this opportunity sure does add more excitement.

so what separates them from say the RXTs?

I always do!!! I'm curious to see if someone who has or had the CB's gets to test these out and compare/contrast the differences/similarities since both sets look similar

So, who likes distance, forgiveness and sleakness now? I'm glad this thread will start getting some more activity.

so what separates them from say the RXTs?

Based on my limited experience, I would say they are more forgiving. I was hitting coolbreeze's 8iron on the range at Grand Cypress. Keep in mind, his irons are 1* flat, mine are 3* upright, and I was definitely catching balls out on the toe, but I was hitting his 8iron as far as mine and all over the marker I was aiming at. That in itself had me sold. The RXT's are forgiving out on the toe, but no way I would see that kind of distance.

looking forward to the testing opportunity for everyone. I havent hit these, but sounds like those that have really like them

Seriously, if you run down the check list of what's attractive about an iron, the R11's have it all.

1. Distance
2. Forgiveness
3. Aesthetics

Workability is optional to me. It's not something that makes or breaks an iron for me. I much prefer high and straight over the ability to maneuver a golf ball. It's pretty exciting times and this opportunity sure does add more excitement.

A big old Hanks +1 to this

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bwuahahaha! These irons have had my lust since I showed coolbreeze how to hit them.

Based on my limited experience, I would say they are more forgiving. I was hitting coolbreeze's 8iron on the range at Grand Cypress. Keep in mind, his irons are 1* flat, mine are 3* upright, and I was definitely catching balls out on the toe, but I was hitting his 8iron as far as mine and all over the marker I was aiming at. That in itself had me sold. The RXT's are forgiving out on the toe, but no way I would see that kind of distance.

You were hitting them well man with a lie angle and a shaft that don't fit you. I think you would be a beast with these irons, as for me, I'm going to go play 18 holes of golf with them in an hour and half.

I always do!!! I'm curious to see if someone who has or had the CB's gets to test these out and compare/contrast the differences/similarities since both sets look similar

I'm still waiting for my R11s to arrive, but I'll do my best with a comparison once they do. I've been playing the CBs since April. I did view the 4 irons side-by-side at a golf shop this weekend. Couldn't hit them as they were RH, and I'm not. The R11 4i has a thicker topline, but you have to look pretty close to notice the difference. The cavity back on the R11 4i was visible at address, and it's not with the CBs. So that indicates the R11 will perhaps have a bit more forgiveness than the CBs. It wasn't distractingly visible, but it did sort of say "GI" whereas the CBs don't show that clue at address. I'm a little inconsistent with the CB 4i, but I'm hitting all the other irons pretty well, so I think I'll be able to offer up some decent commentary on the differences and strengths of the R11 vs. the CB when the time comes. I'm liking the topline on both these clubs. There's enough width to give me some comfort hitting them, but it's quite thin in comparison to a lot of GI/GE irons out there.

You were hitting them well man with a lie angle and a shaft that don't fit you. I think you would be a beast with these irons, as for me, I'm going to go play 18 holes of golf with them in an hour and half.

Hit em well!

Didnt the guys who played in the MC play the R11 irons?

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Great question! The answer is a riddle, that can only be expressed mathmatically.

Edit: Yes, 6 of the 8 Taylormade staffers including myself, are playing the R11 irons.

Great question! The answer is a riddle, that can only be expressed mathmatically.

Edit: Yes, 6 of the 8 Taylormade staffers including myself, are playing the R11 irons.

And maybe an even more telling stat, all of you are still playing the R11 irons I believe.

And maybe an even more telling stat, all of you are still playing the R11 irons I believe.

Very telling Kmac!

You want to OEM R11's don't you? I can tell.

Very telling Kmac!

Yep, everyone is still playing them, they beat out a lot of other irons across the 6 golfers bags from before. They are that good.

Yep, everyone is still playing them, they beat out a lot of other irons across the 6 golfers bags from before. They are that good.

That just says volumes right there. Seriously good irons, even in that Canadian air!

Very telling Kmac!

Would you believe me if I said no? :alien:

That just says volumes right there. Seriously good irons, even in that Canadian air!

Would you believe me if I said no? :alien:

I wouldn't believe you, Canadian air is like Florida air but toally different'

I don't believe Kmac for a second. These are like RXT's but longer and more forgiving. Uh, really?

I wouldn't believe you, Canadian air is like Florida air but toally different'

I don't believe Kmac for a second. These are like RXT's but longer and more forgiving. Uh, really?

Ah you chaps know me well. Florida air is too damn hot sometimes. But the R11 irons just cut through it like it was nothing when I saw them.

People say there isnt much activity in this thread but there now will be because of a testing opportunity but what about the six sets out there? I haven't signed up for testing lately because I'm sick of hearing just that, but i guess If I sign up now for these I'm here for the free stuff.

People say there isnt much activity in this thread but there now will be because of a testing opportunity but what about the six sets out there? I haven't signed up for testing lately because I'm sick of hearing just that, but i guess If I sign up now for these I'm here for the free stuff.

huh? I'm :confused2:

Dude what does that even mean?

who says he hasn't already....bring them to lunch on Friday dude lol

Very telling Kmac!

there's no nobility in martyrdom

See post #1 in this thread.

Are you sure? How would you know?

As a member that is active on THP, there is never a need to feel bad about signing up to test equipment. You should sign up to test everything if you want to be an equipment tester.

Back