TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

lol my thought exactly, after my struggles with my driver i really thought about how to make the game easier and this was a no brainer

I no longer fear being a 5 iron out. I have a ton on confidence from that far out now.

On Par 5s I typically go fw - 5h - full wedge - 2 putt par. Of course I have to make the putts. But I no longer fear par 5s because of that Rescue 11.

I no longer fear being a 5 iron out. I have a ton on confidence from that far out now.

On Par 5s I typically go fw - 5h - full wedge - 2 putt par. Of course I have to make the putts. But I no longer fear par 5s because of that Rescue 11.

nice, i would take pars all day long, i really need to add a 3 or 4 wood to my bag, i only carry 11 clubs and that would make 12, there is one par5 that i cant reach in 2 unless there is a very stiff wind at my back, need to go hit some and find the one for me.

nice, i would take pars all day long, i really need to add a 3 or 4 wood to my bag, i only carry 11 clubs and that would make 12, there is one par5 that i cant reach in 2 unless there is a very stiff wind at my back, need to go hit some and find the one for me.

I wonder if there was a place that you could go to and read reviews and opinions on fairway woods from a bunch of manufacturers, for free...heheh:D

I wonder if there was a place that you could go to and read reviews and opinions on fairway woods from a bunch of manufacturers, for free...heheh:D

man i wish there was that would be awesome, "gets slapped in the face" whats this THP place you speak of lol. I really wanna try the new Titanium R11 fairway wood, also gonna hit the Rescue11 2 hybrid as that might be long enough.

Yeah the 16* Rescue 11 really has me intrigued. If I found one, I would hit it and probably fall in love with it. But alas - no dice.

Last edited:
Hey everybody just got back from the course a little while ago and me and the Rescue11 had a great day together, she treated me well like usual, i only used it twice today but both shots were great. Shot 1- was a shot into a par 4 with 205 left and i had to either hit a dead straight shot or a nice little fade since i had trees all along my right side, i ended up hitting a nice high straight ball that landed on the right fringe and rolled to the back of the green.

Shot 2- Par 3 was playing around 210 today i usually hit a 6 iron here since its actually 200 yards but with the wind in my face i pulled the Rescue11, choked down a little and hit a great mid flight draw that landed dead center green and actually held the green on this one, rolled to the back but it held.

Once again the Rescue11 performs great for me and even though the honeymoon is long over i still LOVE this club.

Great shooting there 10y. It's always great to have the swing working.

Good stuff 10....any thoughts of adding a second R11 hybrid since you love the 4h so much?

Hey everybody just got back from the course a little while ago and me and the Rescue11 had a great day together, she treated me well like usual, i only used it twice today but both shots were great. Shot 1- was a shot into a par 4 with 205 left and i had to either hit a dead straight shot or a nice little fade since i had trees all along my right side, i ended up hitting a nice high straight ball that landed on the right fringe and rolled to the back of the green.

Shot 2- Par 3 was playing around 210 today i usually hit a 6 iron here since its actually 200 yards but with the wind in my face i pulled the Rescue11, choked down a little and hit a great mid flight draw that landed dead center green and actually held the green on this one, rolled to the back but it held.

Once again the Rescue11 performs great for me and even though the honeymoon is long over i still LOVE this club.

Glad to hear it 10 Yard.

Good stuff 10....any thoughts of adding a second R11 hybrid since you love the 4h so much?

actually hanks yes i have been thinking about adding the 2hybrid, i need a 3 or 4 wood since there is one par 5 i cant reach in 2 unless i hit a MONSTER drive and the wind is blowing hard at my back, i have been thinking that since i love the Rescue11 so much that im gonna hit the 2hyrbid before i buy a 3 or 4 wood and if it gives me the distance im looking for it will go in the bag instead of a FW, i really love this hybrid that much.

Thanks everybody, feels good to be getting back in the groove

actually hanks yes i have been thinking about adding the 2hybrid, i need a 3 or 4 wood since there is one par 5 i cant reach in 2 unless i hit a MONSTER drive and the wind is blowing hard at my back, i have been thinking that since i love the Rescue11 so much that im gonna hit the 2hyrbid before i buy a 3 or 4 wood and if it gives me the distance im looking for it will go in the bag instead of a FW, i really love this hybrid that much.

Thanks everybody, feels good to be getting back in the groove

A 2h Rescue 11 should definitely give you 3 or 4 wood distance. Glad to hear you're having more fun out on the course.

A 2h Rescue 11 should definitely give you 3 or 4 wood distance. Glad to hear you're having more fun out on the course.

thats what i was thinking F2G, im gonna hit the 2hybrid side by side with a 4 wood and 3 wood, if i do go with a wood it will most likely be the 4 wood though, easier to get in the air.

thats what i was thinking F2G, im gonna hit the 2hybrid side by side with a 4 wood and 3 wood, if i do go with a wood it will most likely be the 4 wood though, easier to get in the air.

Yeah the strong loft of the Rescue 11 made my 4wood obsolete. I had discisions to make. I'm pretty happy with it.

It's fun when your hybrids' distances are overtaking your fairway woods

I have an itch to hit this club, but can't. stupid work related accidents.

[obvious bump]

[obvious bump]

well at least its not raining like it is here

well at least its not raining like it is here

I wish i only had to deal with the rain. My foot is getting worse. I was playing so well over the weekend, and not I have to wait to get out again and use my pretty Rescue 11s.

Rain forcasted for most of the week up here, but it broke long enough yesterday afternoon/evening to get out to the range. It was actually a very nce evening. Broke my usual routine and started things off with the Rescue. Things didn't start off too well. some tops, some hooks, just a whole lot of nothing good. Then I started messing with the FCT. Started things off on NU but couldn't find a groove with it. Next stop was 1* higher at Hanks' suggestion. Mission acomplished. I was finally seeing some length again to my shots. None of them were particularly high, but I was seeing the distance I should out of that kind of club. Pulled the MachSpeed out for comparison and while the MS was slightly longer (if at all) the Rescue still has a bit higher launch, which is definately a good thing. It still needs some work, but I have renewed confidence in the Rescue again.

I'm going to try to get some actual course time in this weekend and at least hit 9 holes with my Dad for fathers day. I also have a work golf event on the 28th this month so seeing as a lost a weekend with AG being in the hospital this weekend, I'll be posting my final review at the end of the month to give myself a bit more course time with the Rescue.

[obvious bump]

Sorry to hear this blu! You'll be back out there again in no time! Hang in there!

Rain forcasted for most of the week up here, but it broke long enough yesterday afternoon/evening to get out to the range. It was actually a very nce evening. Broke my usual routine and started things off with the Rescue. Things didn't start off too well. some tops, some hooks, just a whole lot of nothing good. Then I started messing with the FCT. Started things off on NU but couldn't find a groove with it. Next stop was 1* higher at Hanks' suggestion. Mission acomplished. I was finally seeing some length again to my shots. None of them were particularly high, but I was seeing the distance I should out of that kind of club. Pulled the MachSpeed out for comparison and while the MS was slightly longer (if at all) the Rescue still has a bit higher launch, which is definately a good thing. It still needs some work, but I have renewed confidence in the Rescue again.

I'm going to try to get some actual course time in this weekend and at least hit 9 holes with my Dad for fathers day. I also have a work golf event on the 28th this month so seeing as a lost a weekend with AG being in the hospital this weekend, I'll be posting my final review at the end of the month to give myself a bit more course time with the Rescue.

Glad you got some confidence back in the Rescue11, hopefully it stays that way

Rain forecast all weekend, way to wreck my good times Mother Nature! Unless the forecast changes dramatically, no round for me this weekend. I'll try to get out to the range if there's a long enough break in the wetness.

Rain forecast all weekend, way to wreck my good times Mother Nature! Unless the forecast changes dramatically, no round for me this weekend. I'll try to get out to the range if there's a long enough break in the wetness.

same here man, rain is about1-2 hours away right now, then rain tomorrow and 60% chance on sunday, BOOOOOOOO MOTHER NATURE lol.

same here man, rain is about1-2 hours away right now, then rain tomorrow and 60% chance on sunday, BOOOOOOOO MOTHER NATURE lol.

BOOOO work place injuries. The reason why I probably won't be golfing this weekend.

BOOOO work place injuries. The reason why I probably won't be golfing this weekend.

Yeah, that sucks man. You'll get out there soon!

I boxed my irons and driver up to be shipped and the buyer backed out, but I don't want to unpack them. So if I do go play all I'll have in the bag is M2, M3, Rescue 11 18*, 52*, 58*, and putter. After I typed this and read it, I started thinking this might actually be a bunch of fun. I think I could still shoot 80. Might just have to give it a shot.

Back