Taylormade Tour Preferred MC Iron Review Thread

Got a little bit of a cold, but I booked a 1PM tee time for my first round with the MCs with the Tour 90s. Perfect weather, but the course should be really soft from all the ice/rain. Really excited to get these out on the course.

34° cold? Ultimate Testing cold? I'm pretty excited to hear how this pairing works for you.

34° cold? Ultimate Testing cold? I'm pretty excited to hear how this pairing works for you.

Like I'm sick cold. Temp is right around 60. On the range now.

Just left the course. 3 iron may replace the 4 as my go-to club off the tee. I was crushing it with that club today. I could definitely see the difference in the Tour 90 shaft in the longer irons. The ball jumps like I've never experienced before.

These clubs are fun to hit.

I can't wait to get in the conversation in this thread. My clubs are set to arrive on Wednesday.

I can't wait to get in the conversation in this thread. My clubs are set to arrive on Wednesday.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! Hope you enjoy them as much as I have so far!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! Hope you enjoy them as much as I have so far!
I have a 6i from each set and I have to say these are light years from their old set. Each of the three I find to be some of the easiest to hit in their category. But it's weird because they each bleed well into each other's categories.

I have a 6i from each set and I have to say these are light years from their old set. Each of the three I find to be some of the easiest to hit in their category. But it's weird because they each bleed well into each other's categories.

It's fun having a combo set and being able to see how the sets transition through the bag.

Played my first round w/ the new set today. CB's 3-7 and MCs 8-P. Really liking them. Had a pretty good day hitting the irons. Played Black Bear north of Orlando and they have some pretty small greens. If I missed, it wasn't by much. Looking forward to getting more time with them.

Turf interaction was great, especially w, the 2* flat lie angle. Was getting nice even divots. They feel great on well struck shots and was able to work the ball some today.

Called in sick to work yesterday and got another round in with the MCs. Saw better distance from my short irons and I think I'm starting to see the increase in spin with the Tour 90s. Nice, high ball flight and a ball that stops and a little spin back and a couple of shots within two feet of its mark on a shot to a very elevated green. That's something I'm not used to at all.

Also had a couple of approach shots that called for a big cut and I was able to pull it off on multiple occasions. If you're a fan of shot-shaping, I think you'll enjoy these irons.

I noticed a couple of times that I would miss off of the toe. Something I didn't see from the KBS Tour shafts. I had to be sure to make a full turn back away from the ball in order to get everything back in sync. It's nice getting feedback from the shot as soon as it connects, though. Had more success with the long irons as well, especially off of the tee. I'm becoming really comfortable with these clubs.

Even my buddies are commenting on the improvements in my ball flight and shot making abilities. On Sunday as I played through a couple of groups, I had multiple people ask me were these the new TaylorMade irons. So there's definitely a buzz out there about these clubs.

If you're a fan of shot-shaping, I think you'll enjoy these irons.

Very true statement right here. I completely agree. These irons are not really a "point and shoot" iron. They will move the ball side to side.

I really like the look and feel of these irons. Hit the 7 and 9 iron in the sim a week or two ago and was banging balls dead off the center of the face of both clubs. Loved the feel, the look, the sound of them. Didn't mess with hitting draws and fades past my usual draw.

About all the surprised me was that there was not a big difference in feel between the club with and without the speedpocket. The feel was remarkable close to the same.

The only thing that I wish was that they offered a set starting with a 4 iron as well. By yardage hit there is little need for a three iron as most of us have moved in to filling the spot with a hybrid as the low loft of a modern 3 iron makes it the hardest club in the bag to hit well consistently.

I really like the look and feel of these irons. Hit the 7 and 9 iron in the sim a week or two ago and was banging balls dead off the center of the face of both clubs. Loved the feel, the look, the sound of them. Didn't mess with hitting draws and fades past my usual draw.

About all the surprised me was that there was not a big difference in feel between the club with and without the speedpocket. The feel was remarkable close to the same.

The only thing that I wish was that they offered a set starting with a 4 iron as well. By yardage hit there is little need for a three iron as most of us have moved in to filling the spot with a hybrid as the low loft of a modern 3 iron makes it the hardest club in the bag to hit well consistently.

They are orderable starting at 4i

I suck with the hybrids and with as much success as I've had with the MC 3i, I'd really give the CB 3 a look before completely leaving it out. I've been really happy with what I've seen from it, especially since the shaft upgrade.

These are pretty, my neighbor has them and let me take a look and practice swings. They feel smooth.

They only list them as available in 3-PW on their (Canadian) web site as yet.

I suck with the hybrids and with as much success as I've had with the MC 3i, I'd really give the CB 3 a look before completely leaving it out. I've been really happy with what I've seen from it, especially since the shaft upgrade.

I don't suck with hybrids and have found them quite useful. To me they have more use than a 3 iron which is why the 3 iron for my current set is like brand new.

They only list them as available in 3-PW on their (Canadian) web site as yet.

I don't suck with hybrids and have found them quite useful. To me they have more use than a 3 iron which is why the 3 iron for my current set is like brand new.

Even when ordering?

I had one bad 9i swing today, all others were pretty good. I am liking the combo set so far. The 8-pw MCs are performing quite well and have been hitting more greens than normal I think.

I had one bad 9i swing today, all others were pretty good. I am liking the combo set so far. The 8-pw MCs are performing quite well and have been hitting more greens that normal I think.

What are you seeing distance wise? I've had to take about 1/2 club more, which is fine. Just seeing if that's the norm.

What are you seeing distance wise? I've had to take about 1/2 club more, which is fine. Just seeing if that's the norm.

About the same as you, 1/2 club. I have been trying to swing more freely and not as hard but they do seem to be a tad shorter than what I am used to.

About the same. I have been trying to swing more freely and not as hard but they do seem to be a tad shorter than what I am used to.

What shaft did you end up in? I'm in the Tour 90. More launch, but I'm not sure I'm seeing a gain in distance like I thought I would.

What shaft did you end up in? I'm in the Tour 90. More launch, but I'm not sure I'm seeing a gain in distance like I thought I would.

Aerotech i95s. I have been getting great turf interaction and nice dollar bill sized divots w the 2* flat lie too.

I am pretty darn happy with how these irons react through the swing. The KBS Tours are a perfect match or me.

Tour Preferred 6i. Concierge specs work

ru9ezuty.jpg

These things are legit. I think I found a loving combo of MC and C-Taper.

Back