Taylormade Tour Preferred MC Iron Review Thread

You still gaming them?

Yeah. I decided I needed to focus on Morgan Cup prep and quit scrwing around with changing everything so I put them in the bag and have played 3 rounds in the last week with them. I have been focusing on the 4-7 irons to prepare for approach shots in July and I am impressed with the launch angle and dispersion. I get all the looks of the MB's with the little bit of forgiveness I need.

The 6&5 irons I have in my set might be my favorite in the set. Ball off the face just feels so good.

The 6&5 irons I have in my set might be my favorite in the set. Ball off the face just feels so good.

Yep, I notice no discernible different in feel versus the forged MB long irons. The set flows really well from a feel perspective.

Yep, I notice no discernible different in feel versus the forged MB long irons. The set flows really well from a feel perspective.

I'm lucky enough to get to experience the transition from the CBs to the MCs to the MBs. Really easy transition. Other than some forgiveness and appearance, there is no noticeable between the heads and their feel.

I put the Callaway Apex Pros in my bag for my round today. Seems my MC's decided to give me some bad juju. I think the MC's are just the better set of irons for me right now. I don't know if its the shaft (C-Taper vs Tour-V), but the MC's are going back in the bag for the foreseeable future.

I was finally able to get these irons out on the golf course this weekend while down in Dallas. Friday I played at El Dorado CC (Big Time Nate's club), we had a chilly start to the day that wound up being around 70 degrees with a wind of around 20 mph. I was extremely impressed with the combo of this iron head and the KBS Tour shafts which up to this point I had never played. The feel is simply outstanding and the forgiveness and distance are both very impressive to say the least. Being that it was my first round outdoors since the first week of November I wasn't sure what to expect but these babies shined. The club that impressed me the most was the 4 iron, we had a par 3 playing 195 and into the wind, I completely grooved a 4 iron that wound up just beyond pin high and barely missed the green left. It was a gorgeous shot that I caught right on the sweet spot, one of those that you'll remember for a long time to come.

The next time I got to use the MC's was at the Adams #OwnTheSecondShot event at the Cowboys Golf Club, the day was gorgeous, close to 80 degrees with light winds. Having one round under my belt already I was excited to get a chance to really get into the groove with these. The club that I was really impressed with this time around was the PW on those bump and run pitch shots from short range. Overall I felt like I was getting plenty of distance with these, I didn't really hit anything ridiculously longer than I normally do, but just getting my expected distances out of each iron was a great thing. I had another 4 iron shot on 17, up hill shot of around 190 into the wind, I didn't really catch the ball super solid but I caught it good enough to get it onto the front edge of the green, I was very impressed, that shot told me all I need to know about how much forgiveness this club offers when needed.

Overall after the 2 rounds I'm definitely off to a great start, I love the ball flight, a nice mid to mid-high trajectory, never once did I see any ballooning or anything really unexpected in terms of distances or anything. I can't really comment on the workability just yet, I was more focused on just hitting my distances. The forgiveness impressed me a ton, especially with such a small profile iron. I am super impressed so far, I can't wait to get them out again. Until then I'll be playing them in the simulator league so more updates to come!

I only have two of the MCs in the bag but I have to hit the 5&6 iron several times this weekend with solid results. I did put two poor swings on the 6 iron late in the round and paid for it with some serious distance loss.

But I also put a licking on my 5i twice and was so pleased with the results. I needed a baby draw that ended up on the left side of the fairway. Each swing produced these beautiful shots that I couldn't have placed better had I walked out a done it by hand.

They just respond so well to a good swings and really impress with their accuracy. As I get more used to them I'm sure I'll uncover more surprises.

The club that I was really impressed with this time around was the PW on those bump and run pitch shots from short range.

I really enjoy the bump and run with the PW as well. Love hearing good things about the long irons, too. I've got so much confidence with the MC long irons from both the tee and the fairway. It makes the 180-200+ yard range not as scary.

I really love these clubs. Played another 9 with them and from the 4 iron down they provide the best mix of feel, distance and length I need. Maybe I simply found the right shaft that really works, but these clubs just continue to impress. I think my Apex Pros are done and these get upgraded to full time status.

1. I thought that I would end up playing a combo set of MC/CB for the Morgan Cup. Nope, full set of MC's. I found a shaft combo I absolutely love. I played a 9 hole round this morning art a shorter course and teed off on all Par 4's with the 4 iron. Good high, strong ball flight and the feel is so amazing. I love it.

2. The 4 iron served me so well, I am putting the 3-iron in the bag. Yes, the Unicorn of the new golfing Millennium.

With the right setup, these clubs simply do it all.

1. I thought the I would end up playing a combo set of MC/CB for the Morgan Cup. Nope, full set of MC's. I found a shaft combo I absolutely love. I played a 9 hole round this morning art a shorter course and teed off on all Par 4's with the 4 iron. Good high, strong ball flight and the feel is so amazing. I love it.

2. The 4 iron served me so well, I am putting the 3-iron in the bag. Yes, the Unicorn of the new golfing Millennium.

The 3 and 4 irons have been so good in the MCs for me. Glad to see you're enjoying them as well.

Loving the long iron love in these..... They just don't seem that easy to hit but I have liked the results when I have swung them as well

Loving the long iron love in these..... They just don't seem that easy to hit but I have liked the results when I have swung them as well

Maybe I am crazy, but I feel like the MC long irons are easier to hit well then the Apex Pros.

1. I thought that I would end up playing a combo set of MC/CB for the Morgan Cup. Nope, full set of MC's. I found a shaft combo I absolutely love. I played a 9 hole round this morning art a shorter course and teed off on all Par 4's with the 4 iron. Good high, strong ball flight and the feel is so amazing. I love it.

I so want to give these a go, I'm still thinking a combo set, but if I were to pick a whole set from one line, MC would most likely be that line.

Has anybody played both Rbladez Tour and MC
I was thinking replacing my 8, 9 and PW with the MC and staying with the RBladez Tour 4-7
Any thoughts

Has anybody played both Rbladez Tour and MC
I was thinking replacing my 8, 9 and PW with the MC and staying with the RBladez Tour 4-7
Any thoughts

Depends on what you are looking for? The MC's certainly feel different than the RBladez.

Depends on what you are looking for? The MC's certainly feel different than the RBladez.

I have hit them and like the feel more like the slotted irons on Rbladez set much softer feeling
i am trying to lower ball flight on short irons

I have hit them and like them the feel more like the slotted irons on Rbladez set softer
i am trying to lower ball flight on short irons

Why are you trying to lower it? How high is you launch angle and spin?

Why are you trying to lower it? How high is you launch angle and spin?

I feel that when i play in the wind the short irons are more effected by the wind. I have not been on a LM so i can't speak to launch angle but i spin them quite a bit i sometimes get a little steep. today several of my short irons were spinning off the green. Also i want to get better feel

The MC 5&6 iron are my favorite clubs in my combo set. The ball coming off the face has such distinctive feel from the MB and CBs. I know what to expect on every swing, no surprises.

I've been a little wild off the tee so the recovery shots I've played have been nothing short of solid. Whether I need to keep it dwarf high or below a 15' hanging limb. The clubs have performed. I don't like to play trouble shots but when I do, I do so with the TM MCs.

Order MC 8-PW to pair with my RocketBladez Tour will have them on Thursday

Made the decision to bag these full time. I thought the Apex Pros would be my Excalibur, but I was wrong. Sold the Callaway's and the TaylorMade's are firmly in the bag.

The long irons with the speed pocket get up and go forever. I have no problems controlling or getting a good arc from the 4 and 5 irons on the tee. The short irons have the same feel and control the MB's had but with just a tad bit of help from the cavity. Paired with the C-Taper, I have never been happier. Played a round today with some great players who were practicing for the Phoenix City Championship and I was matching these guys shot for shot. If your looking for a smaller head iron with incredible control with no distance loss, these should be on your short list.

Made the decision to bag these full time. I thought the Apex Pros would be my Excalibur, but I was wrong. Sold the Callaway's and the TaylorMade's are firmly in the bag.

The long irons with the speed pocket get up and go forever. I have no problems controlling or getting a good arc from the 4 and 5 irons on the tee. The short irons have the same feel and control the MB's had but with just a tad bit of help from the cavity. Paired with the C-Taper, I have never been happier. Played a round today with some great players who were practicing for the Phoenix City Championship and I was matching these guys shot for shot. If your looking for a smaller head iron with incredible control with no distance loss, these should be on your short list.

I only have had two rounds with these irons. I can echo your thoughts. They are super predictably. The Speed Pocket in the long irons definitely makes a difference. Very capable teebox options there. Plus, par 5s immediately become "in range"

I had my first range session with the MC short irons wow these things are some of the some of the nice feeling irons i have ever hit super straight mid launching distance was virtual the same as the Rocketbladez tour they replaced they feel 10 times better

I also add a 7 iron to help smooth out the transition of the irons

Last edited:
Back