Testing Irons for THP

This is going to be a very cool testing process with a very cool product! Can't wait for the big reveal

Good luck to all those who entered for this prestigious position!!

When do you think you'll be making the selection?
(anxiously waiting)

A couple to a few weeks.

that's phenomenal! i thought it would be much further out than that. dang! i'd be so excited about this if i met the criteria.

that's phenomenal! i thought it would be much further out than that. dang! i'd be so excited about this if i met the criteria.

Next time you feel bad about not meeting the criteria... just go out to your trunk and give the Burners a quick swing. Should fix the problem pretty quick.

Next time you feel bad about not meeting the criteria... just go out to your trunk and give the Burners a quick swing. Should fix the problem pretty quick.

i don't keep them in the trunk, sorry.

i don't keep them in the trunk, sorry.

Then how do you play at the drop of a hat?
I have everything I need to golf right in the trunk of my car. I have randomly pulled into a golf course and played 9 more times than I can count.
Garage then?

I have everything I need to golf right in the trunk of my car. I have randomly pulled into a golf course and played 9 more times than I can count.
Garage then?

yeah, i keep them in the house. not much playing at the drop of the hat for me dude. and i always check the weather. if it's gonna be nice, i'll stick them in the car. i suppose it's one of the perks of doing what i do for a living (i get to make my own schedule). mondays are usually my golf days but not today buddy. gotta ship my sticks to THP HQ today.

FYI... last revision of the season was today and I bumped up one to an 8 index. Don't think it makes that much of a difference but wanted to give full disclosure. Original post has been edited to reflect it. Thanks.

Cannot wait to see what irons will be tested, who is chosen, and then to read everyone's posts.

man, has it beena couple of weeks from this morning yet?

Seeing the Cally thread and this thread on the front page has me wondering...

Wonder Wonder Wonder...

hahaha, me too man!

Seeing the Cally thread and this thread on the front page has me wondering...

Wonder Wonder Wonder...

Couldnt you also say the same about the new Nike irons, the new Taylormade irons, or any other brand too?

Couldnt you also say the same about the new Nike irons, the new Taylormade irons, or any other brand too?

Of course!
I am just having a little bit of fun with it. Nothing like a little healthy speculation to add to the excitement.
I am VERY sure that what ever company this is, and what ever product it is... will more than live up to the billing.

If it was an inappropriate comment I'll gladly remove it. I would HATE to jeopardize future arrangements like this one (and less importantly, my participation in them)

I'm really excited to hear how all this goes. For some reason shafts are costantly in my head lately and it will be nice to hear thoughts on different shaft offerings as well as the different sets hitting the market.

Of course!
I am just having a little bit of fun with it. Nothing like a little healthy speculation to add to the excitement.
I am VERY sure that what ever company this is, and what ever product it is... will more than live up to the billing.

If it was an inappropriate comment I'll gladly remove it. I would HATE to jeopardize future arrangements like this one (and less importantly, my participation in them)

Not at all. Notihing wrong with speculation.

Garage then?

In your trunk all the time? I've been told this is very bad for the clubs with the extreme heat and cold. Is this not true?

I can't wait till the company is revealed to us! I have a very strong suspicion that I know what they are.

In your trunk all the time? I've been told this is very bad for the clubs with the extreme heat and cold. Is this not true?

Well- I park in a garage and they come out when it gets really cold since I can't play
As for the heat, I haven't ever pulled them out and thought the trunk was all that hot. It isn't like the cab with all the windows and what not.

That said- I have never had a problem. I have played the same irons for 8 years. The driver is new this year, but before that I used the same one forever. Maybe I have done some damage and not known about it. I don't know though.

Current Southern Nevada Hdcp Index: 3.6
Current set: Nike Forged Split Cavity (i think the word Red is supposed to be wedged into that title somewhere)
Irons Preferences: Blade - Players Cavities

1. What is your handicap? 13.3
2. What is your current set of irons? Nike Machspeed 5-PW
3. Do you have an iron preference? Game improvement ATM

I have a membership at the golftec here in cols, so im sure in the winter months ill be at the range 2-3 times per week - i can use the launch monitor there during my scheduled practice sessions. I will be getting out on the courses as soon as weather permits.

Would love the chance to review some new irons!

Not at all. Notihing wrong with speculation.

JB, have you guys chosen yet? I just saw this and want to throw my hat in the mix.

Nope. People can still sign up.

A couple to a few weeks.

I keep coming to this post only to realize it was on 10/30.....hahaha. Man, time is going by way too slowly....I cant wait to see the reveal

What is your handicap? 10.3
What irons do you play? An Adams A4 Forged 4 iron, Mizuno MP-53 5 & 6iron, and Mizuno MP-68 7-PW.
Do I have an iron preference? I just like an iron that looks good to the eye, I have played blades and game improvement irons, I just like something that gives me a sense of confidence to pull off any shot i think of... And I play in Texas, its pretty much golf weather year round here, long as you can deal with the cold...I practice in a field next to my house that me and my neighbors take turns cutting the grass, it just sucks to go walk and pick up the balls after you hit them, lol

Last edited:
Keep them coming everybody. We are going to accept entries for another week or so.

Back