The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
True story I wore green and yellow shoes to the NC game that year, I didn't pack well.
Boooooooo! Why would you do that?

Boooooooo! Why would you do that?

I just grabbed a pair of tennis shoes for the trip, didn't even think about what color they were.

I'd argue jeffcoat was one of our top 2 defensive players.. Regardless we returned a lot on D. There were many who expected it to be better

That defense last year was the worst in our history so yeah most everyone expected that it would be improved. Jeffcoat is always hurt and hasn't played up to his 5 star billing imo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

That defense last year was the worst in our history so yeah most everyone expected that it would be improved. Jeffcoat is always hurt and hasn't played up to his 5 star billing imo.

So first you say you don't know why anyone thought we would be better then you say you see why everyone thought we would be be better?

So first you say you don't know why anyone thought we would be better then you say you see why everyone thought we would be be better?

OK, you got me. I guess I should have said we were hoping it would be better. Maybe Robinson can help, who knows?

Who's already itching for more CFB?!?! I'm dying for this Saturday to hurry up and get here!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Who's already itching for more CFB?!?! I'm dying for this Saturday to hurry up and get here!!!

Im dying for this Saturday too....But it has nothing to do with college football. :D

Im dying for this Saturday too....But it has nothing to do with college football. :D

A little #TMAG action got you excited?!?!

I know a group of dudes that is going to have an awesome time this weekend. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Just found a pretty funny tidbit ranking the most hated teams in the SEC and the reasons for hating then.
Tennessee was number 5, but the funny part is the explanation for the hate.

Reasons to hate: Their stadium has the seats way too close together (thus the nickname "One-Cheek Stadium"). Lane Kiffin. Philip Fulmer is not the most loved man, especially by Alabama fans. Lane Kiffin. A Volunteer is not a black dog, so the mascot situation makes no sense. Lane Kiffin. Their current coach, Derek Dooley, thinks SEC means "Scrub Every Corner." There was also some guy there recently who violated more NCAA rules than I can remember and almost single-handidly killed UT Football. OK, that's no reason to hate Tennessee, that's a reason to hate Lane Kiffin. And the biggest reason to hate Tennessee.... "Rocky Top."

Anybody notice a recurring theme here? Funny part is that I would tend to agree with it...

This one is for Colt.....

BTq0kUKCIAAhlX6.jpg

Im not sure this has been or will ever be done again. From 87-99 with nothing lower than a 4th seems darn remarkable. I think most consider that the team of the 90s. Sadly they only won 2 titles.

YearRecordAP RankChampionshipsBowl
198711–12ndWon Fiesta
198811–13rdWon Sugar
198910–23rdWon Fiesta
199010–24thWon Blockbuster
199111–24thWon Cotton
199211–12ndACC ChampionsWon Orange
199312–11stACC Champions, National ChampionsWon Orange
199410–1–14thACC ChampionsWon Sugar
199510–24thACC Co-ChampionsWon Orange
199611–13rdACC ChampionsLost Sugar
199711–13rdACC ChampionsWon Sugar
199811–23rdACC Co-ChampionsLost Fiesta
199912–01stACC Champions, National ChampionsWon Sugar
200011–25thACC ChampionsLost Orange

JB, Those FSU teams were amazing. Being a long time ACC fan I saw many of those games. Took years for another ACC team to finally beat FSU. My Yellow Jackets came close a few times in the mid/late 90's with the George O'Leary coached and Joe Hamilton QB'd teams. Joe Ham was so small in stature though that the FSU defense was able to knock him out of the game with some hard hits.

JB, Those FSU teams were amazing. Being a long time ACC fan I saw many of those games. Took years for another ACC team to finally beat FSU. My Yellow Jackets came close a few times in the mid/late 90's with the George O'Leary coached and Joe Hamilton QB'd teams. Joe Ham was so small in stature though that the FSU defense was able to knock him out of the game with some hard hits.

Unbelieveably special what Bobby and the boys were able to do over that period of time. Something that I think will truly never be matched. I am a huge ACC fan and even bigger FSU fan. I am real proud of what all the ACC has accomplished thus far this season.

Just found a pretty funny tidbit ranking the most hated teams in the SEC and the reasons for hating then.
Tennessee was number 5, but the funny part is the explanation for the hate.

Reasons to hate: Their stadium has the seats way too close together (thus the nickname "One-Cheek Stadium"). Lane Kiffin. Philip Fulmer is not the most loved man, especially by Alabama fans. Lane Kiffin. A Volunteer is not a black dog, so the mascot situation makes no sense. Lane Kiffin. Their current coach, Derek Dooley, thinks SEC means "Scrub Every Corner." There was also some guy there recently who violated more NCAA rules than I can remember and almost single-handidly killed UT Football. OK, that's no reason to hate Tennessee, that's a reason to hate Lane Kiffin. And the biggest reason to hate Tennessee.... "Rocky Top."

Anybody notice a recurring theme here? Funny part is that I would tend to agree with it...

link??

Isnt the entire reason to hate a school based on where you attend or root? Most of it is laughable at best.

Isnt the entire reason to hate a school based on where you attend or root? Most of it is laughable at best.

Meh... I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously when looking at some of their reasoning.

I did really like the last page though. "Or are you an Ohio State fan and just hate all of them"?

Oh yeah I have seen that article before, pretty funny. Just look at the date andyou know what the entire response is going to be about.

And I struggle to believe LSU is hated more than bama, but for the most part I think the order is about right.

Oh yeah I have seen that article before, pretty funny. Just look at the date andyou know what the entire response is going to be about.

And I struggle to believe LSU is hated more than bama, but for the most part I think the order is about right.

Strangely enough, with all the different regions of the ol US of A that the people I work with come from. I actually hear a lot more people use the word hate in conjunction with LSU than Bama when talking SEC football.

Strangely enough, with all the different regions of the ol US of A that the people I work with come from. I actually hear a lot more people use the word hate in conjunction with LSU than Bama when talking SEC football.

It seems UF and Bama fans hate LSU, and some Auburn fans do, but it seems most other SEC schools, especially SEC East just mildly dislike them... it appears most people hate bama.

It seems UF and Bama fans hate LSU, and some Auburn fans do, but it seems most other SEC schools, especially SEC East just mildly dislike them... it appears most people hate bama.

With good reason as well, I reckon. They're making the rest of us look bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back