The 2nd Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Tour Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a great point here! You are a wise man TJ!

In this format you have to play your game more than ever. If you start trying to beat two opponents the pressure will get to you. Everyone is going to hit good shots, you just have to hit more. If you grind on your own game in a 3 man match play and minimize your mistakes you'll have a good shot at coming out on top.

Glad that everybody seems to like the format. It should add some fun twists throughout.

Well, I will be jumping in head first. Plan to put some videos together tomorrow and see what happens.

I gotta say this is the most exciting golf event I've ever witnessed. Been to lots of tournaments and shaken a lot of hands, but nothing compares to this. Even as a non participant in the MC I was in awe of what was going on the first time around. I'm at a loss for words even if there's a lot going through my head right now. One thing's for sure, no matter who is going to FL next year we are all in this together. We are all part of something that is pretty special and I hope we show our support in anyway we can.

Big thanks to THP, Cleveland/Srixon, Bridgestone, Callaway, and everyone here at the forum for being the force behind the idea.

Reactions: JB
Spoke to each company separately today in regards to the overall event and I cannot tell you how excited they are to be a part of this. The participants in the inaugural Morgan Cup paved the way for something special here and I want to give a quick shout out to all of them and a special shout out to the two captains Biggsy and TC.

Education from the initial event was crucial when dealing with something that has never been attempted before and with the feedback from viewers as well as those in the industry, we have some exciting things that will take place for the participants and viewers this time around.

Get excited everybody....It will be worth it.

Talking to you the other night, I could sense your excitement with how things were coming along. I have to say that when you show some excitement, mine ramps up

Biggsy and TC did a great job during MC1. Hopefully Chunky and I can do the same this time around. I love hearing how excited each company is about this event.

Agreed Dean. Both TC & Biggsy were fantastic and it was that much harder because they were blazing trails no one had ever done. Now our job is that much harder because they did such a great job

I can't tell you how much I want to see a strong showing when it comes to entries. So many great testers and personalities out there.

This is going to be one of the highlights of the participant's lives. Great courses, a Tour player experience, the chance to compete on camera, and some great camaraderie with old and new friends. Good luck to all who are going to give it a shot!

Some really great posts in this thread today but I think this is my favorite. I'm so damn happy that you are a part of this event man. It's going to be epic!! This forum is full of outstanding peeps and I want each and every one of them to try out for this. Putting your video in the mix not only gives you a chance to be a part of this, it also shows THP, Bridgestone, Callaway, and Cleveland/Srixon that you are here to support them.

Spoke to each company separately today in regards to the overall event and I cannot tell you how excited they are to be a part of this. The participants in the inaugural Morgan Cup paved the way for something special here and I want to give a quick shout out to all of them and a special shout out to the two captains Biggsy and TC.

Education from the initial event was crucial when dealing with something that has never been attempted before and with the feedback from viewers as well as those in the industry, we have some exciting things that will take place for the participants and viewers this time around.

Get excited everybody....It will be worth it.

To the inaugural captains, and staffers, THANK YOU!!! You guys have made this event going forward possible.

Don't think that will be a problem. I pretty much talk about THP, and The Morgan Cup non-stop already. My wife feels like she knows a bunch of you already just from me talking.

+1000. This is shaping up to be more incredible by the minute. We cannot thank the captains and crew from last year enough for what was put into place.

I found a range that has lights! I practiced to well past dark last night and I and the MC on my mind the whole time. I am already putting in more work for the MC and I have not even made my videos yet. I think this is going to be really good for my game.

I'm so happy that the companies are excited about this great event, and I know that all 24 MC'ers are going to do everything in their power to make this the best Morgan Cup it can be, and rep their sponsors all over the internet and THP. Can't wait to see who the 14 other losing golfers are going to be added to the fun.

I thought we did have that last year? Or am I mistaken?
I could have sworn GG/someone was interviewing people as they walked off the greens and such.

Or are you talking about something else?

Yes, we did have on course interviews and we will do that again this year. So right before or just after a big shot there will most likely be someone there to ask you how you are feeling and what your strategy is.

Yes, we did have on course interviews and we will do that again this year. So right before or just after a big shot there will most likely be someone there to ask you how you are feeling and what your strategy is.

I remember Seth and SW interviewing me before a couple of shots.

I remember Seth and SW interviewing me before a couple of shots.

He did but they never made it to air due to boredom.

I'm so happy that the companies are excited about this great event, and I know that all 24 MC'ers are going to do everything in their power to make this the best Morgan Cup it can be, and rep their sponsors all over the internet and THP. Can't wait to see who the 14 other losing golfers are going to be added to the fun.

And everywhere else they might go to everyone else they might speak to!

It's funny to see how stressed people are about their videos. They're doomed when it comes time to actually play against Team THP then.

It's funny to see how stressed people are about their videos. They're doomed when it comes time to actually play against Team THP then.

I'm working on getting in first. Then I can spend my time deciding which way I defeat you guys.

For me, it's just making sure I do my best and try to get it right. This is a one shot deal to make it into MC 2.0. To be honest, a post that GG made earlier helped me to think about having more fun with it than I was already planning. I think her post in the video thread really helped to relax some applicants.

Looking forward to your video big guy with the naked face!

I haven't thought about my video to be honest.

I golf or practice nearly one hundred times a year, and play in 12+ tourneys. It is safe to say I produce far less promotional videos. HAHA. It is more about what people are comfy with.

I dunno. Cookie wants me to make one. I might eat meat in mine.

Don't go out of your way to impress me. Although I may go out of my way to impress you.

I know OEM has some tricks up his sleeve.

I am stoked to see Bridgestone so excited about this. Keep going back and looking at those photos of Caledonia & True Blue also....to have an opportunity to play those is one thing but in this kind of event is completely something different. 24 very lucky golfers next July.

I finally listened to the THP Radio episode about the Cleveland 588's and wow did that get me even more excited for this wedge! I played the same 588 wedge for 15 years, still have it and I can't wait to get some 588s back in my bag!

Don't go out of your way to impress me. Although I may go out of my way to impress you.

I know OEM has some tricks up his sleeve.

I am stoked to see Bridgestone so excited about this. Keep going back and looking at those photos of Caledonia & True Blue also....to have an opportunity to play those is one thing but in this kind of event is completely something different. 24 very lucky golfers next July.

Oh yes. Those two courses look AMAZING. I don't think it's possible to put into words how amazing this event is. It just seems surreal to me. And I don't know about lucky, because they will have had to earn it with awesome videos. And that brings me to one question: does activity on the forum/support for the Morgan Cup 2.0 factor into who gets in?

Oh yes. Those two courses look AMAZING. I don't think it's possible to put into words how amazing this event is. It just seems surreal to me. And I don't know about lucky, because they will have had to earn it with awesome videos. And that brings me to one question: does activity on the forum/support for the Morgan Cup 2.0 factor into who gets in?

As far as I know, it does not.

I'm not 100% sure on what you mean. But I would say being active helps. If you are active now, it gives a good glimpse in to the future to show that you will be active throughout the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back