The Barclays - Fedex Cup [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The PGA Tour Playoffs kick off today.

Don't know who I really even want to win this. Gary Woodland I guess.

Live@ coverage starts at 10:30AM EST on pgatour.com and TV coverage starts at 3PM EST on Golf Channel today!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks mc, I will be tuning in.

The Morning Drive conversation is what should the PGA Tour do in preparation for Hurricane Irene, which is making the Sunday forecast look awful. They were all in agreement, 36 holes on Saturday to get the tournament over before the hurricane arrives. I completely agree with that, even if it messes up the TV ratings for Sunday, because the course got tons of rain last week. I think that another few inches of rain will make the course unplayable, and then you bring a Tuesday final round into the equation. I say get the tournament done on Saturday, avoid the hurricane, then set up shop outside of Boston on Tuesday after the hurricane passes for the Deutsche Bank Championship.

The Morning Drive conversation is what should the PGA Tour do in preparation for Hurricane Irene, which is making the Sunday forecast look awful. They were all in agreement, 36 holes on Saturday to get the tournament over before the hurricane arrives. I completely agree with that, even if it messes up the TV ratings for Sunday, because the course got tons of rain last week. I think that another few inches of rain will make the course unplayable, and then you bring a Tuesday final round into the equation. I say get the tournament done on Saturday, avoid the hurricane, then set up shop outside of Boston on Tuesday after the hurricane passes for the Deutsche Bank Championship.

Interesting dilemma to have. I can't recall a tourney (although I don't doubt that it has happened) having to try and finish before Sunday.

I want to go Dark and pick Y E Yang

I always enjoy this tournament. Feels like the start of a whole new mini-season for a select group. Should be good, and I hope we can get it all in!

I honestly dont know who to go with here. My heart tells me Jeff Overton though

This is always a good event and really a great start to the FedEx Cup playoffs. I think the PGA Tour has achieved what they set out to accomplish with the idea behind the FedEx Cup playoffs so far, over the course of the next 4 events we're going to get to see top notch players playing golf and that's what it's all about!

I hope they can get lucky with the weather, even if they opted for 36 on Saturday to try to beat the hurricane it still sounds like Saturday's weather is going to be rough as well.

Im not sure about anyone else, but after british open, I kinda lose interest in tour golf.

Im not sure about anyone else, but after british open, I kinda lose interest in tour golf.

Its just you, I would watch golf every day at work if I had a tv in my office.

Yep, it's you dude. The PGA Championship, the playoffs, international team events like the Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup....tons of great golf left after the British!

I know the ratings were down for the PGA Championship, but how could that finish not get you excited to watch these next 4 weeks? Really looking for some of the young guys to step it up even more than they already have, should be a great watch.

Not sure who I'd go with here either. I think I used up all my magic picking Keegan Bradley at the PGA.
So I'll jump on the Jeff Overton bandwagon along with you.

It's going to be interesting, a lot of guys with little or no playoff experience before.

I mean, I'm down with the presidents cup, but other than that, it's just all "meh" to me. Maybe because tiger isn't around.

Hopefully they can squeeze in all 36 on Saturday. Either way I don't expect to see much of it on TV thanks to Irene. With as bad of a service as VA Power provides we'll be out of power for most of the weekend even though Irene is only going to graze us!

Hopefully they can squeeze in all 36 on Saturday. Either way I don't expect to see much of it on TV thanks to Irene. With as bad of a service as VA Power provides we'll be out of power for most of the weekend even though Irene is only going to graze us!

It all depends which model you believe. The last couple of days they had pushed it further out to sea, but today they are looking closer. The one I'm really keeping an eye on is where Irene comes right up the Chesapeake Bay.

Play is already suspended as of 10:29 AM Eastern time due to rain, which is from a different storm system than Hurricane Irene.

Live@ coverage is now available via pgatour.com!

Rain, rain, go away. My guys are playing too well to quit right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Imagine that. hehe

I mean, I'm down with the presidents cup, but other than that, it's just all "meh" to me. Maybe because tiger isn't around.
Then you must have had a real "meh" last couple of years then Thainer!

Wonder what the plan is if they don't finish by Sunday? I guess they do a Monday finish. I can't imagine a 54 hole tourney during the FEDEX. That goes along with earthquakes in Colo, New Mexico, D.C. NYC and Canada all on the same day. CRAZY!

The next event (Deutche Bank) is in Boston. So, it's not too far out of the way. Players basically wouldn't have an off (travel) day if they made the cut.

Would players not making cut at The Barclays, but still qualifying for the Deutche have an edge in the 2nd event?

Back