The Disney World Thread

Just got here (Orlando).

We are thinking to head to the magic kingdom tomorrow….

Anyone have thoughts on best way to buy tickets?

728F31D1-E98B-4599-94B1-CB194B7718F9.jpeg

The girlfriend and I are looking at going in November. I have never been and she hasn't been in years. Has anyone used a Disney Travel Agent or would you recommend using one?

The girlfriend and I are looking at going in November. I have never been and she hasn't been in years. Has anyone used a Disney Travel Agent or would you recommend using one?

I did everything on the website. It’s pretty easy. You can call their help line and they are super helpful. Just be prepared to stay on hold for a long time.

There's no extra cost to use a travel agent (Disney just pockets they money they pay out to agents otherwise), so if you aren't certain, there's no harm in using one, and it could save you a lot of time researching or figuring out dining reservations, etc.

Either find someone local through recommendations, or there's a lot who also have good websites or podcasts that are also agencies, like Dreams Unlimited Travel who run the DISboards and wdwinfo.com, for example.

That said, you certainly CAN figure it all out on your own if you enjoy planning.

I found this at the grocery store this morning.
IMG_9483.jpeg

Oh yeah Chef Art Smith’s HFK and I’m starting off with a Sweet Tea Moonshine.
IMG_2024.jpeg

Followed up by some Deviled Eggs
IMG_2025.jpeg

I love Homecomin'. So good. :love:

Has anyone used a Magicband+ yet?

Yes, what would you like to know about it?
What does it do that the original magic bands do not? Are they worth it?

I haven’t heard of these yet and haven’t looked into them…but not sure what other features they could provide outside of maybe better tech?

So just reading up on these @Thrillbilly Jim features of + bands seem like more of a virtual experience to be used during firework shows, finding hidden sculptures and bounties in Star Wars.
🤷‍♂️

So just reading up on these @Thrillbilly Jim features of + bands seem like more of a virtual experience to be used during firework shows, finding hidden sculptures and bounties in Star Wars.
🤷‍♂️
I did see people going up to randomly hidden scanners in star wars and scanning stuff.

The magic band is a passive device. You can use it to open doors, early access to rides and for payment.

The magic band + is an active device. It does all the same as the magic band, but it has haptic feedback. When there is a parade, light show, fireworks, or interactive bit on rides the magic band + will vibrate and do colors. Also, the magic band + can be used on Disney cruises.

My guess is that the magic bands will be phased out. If you frequent Disney, go on Disney cruises, or have little ones who you want to have a cool experience the magic bands + are worth it.

The only difference I noticed was the haptic feedback.

Back