The Frys.com Open (Spoilers)

Tiger's too proud to play more!

Too true, he needs to play everything he can for the rest of the year, but I doubt we will see him again till the Austrailian Open.

Very lengthy fog delay and very convenient for Golf Channel. The second half of Tiger's round now fits within the live TV window.

Convenient for us too... We didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to see Tiger play. Saw him for about 5-6 holes including the beauty of tee shot to 16 (stuffed to 3 feet) and then the real highlight of the day was waiting to watch him on 7 tee (his 16th hole of the day) He walked near my daughter and I (she's 4 years old. Just a couple of months younger than his daughter) and despite being in the grind to make the cut, gave her a ball on his way to the tee. It was really nice of him to do. it was a great day out at Cordevalle and cool to see our first stroke play tournament on the PGA tour. We camped at 16/17 for a good bit of the day and got great views of the other golfers after the Tiger galleries cleared through...
188209a1-fabb-2d0f.jpg

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.373507,-122.211854

Wrong word choice. But the fact still remains. He throws clubs.
You don't even see junior golfers do that....

Oh lord. You see it on EVERY level.

Convenient for us too... We didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to see Tiger play. Saw him for about 5-6 holes including the beauty of tee shot to 16 (stuffed to 3 feet) and then the real highlight of the day was waiting to watch him on 7 tee (his 16th hole of the day) He walked near my daughter and I (she's 4 years old. Just a couple of months younger than his daughter) and despite being in the grind to make the cut, gave her a ball on his way to the tee. It was really nice of him to do. it was a great day out at Cordevalle and cool to see our first stroke play tournament on the PGA tour. We camped at 16/17 for a good bit of the day and got great views of the other golfers after the Tiger galleries cleared through...
188209a1-fabb-2d0f.jpg

i love it when players do this and tiger over the years has received stick with regards to being too much in the zone and not bothering with the crowds.good on him.

even though he is still erratic from the tee which is costing him a few shots i feel he has performed really well.to make the cut and be in the red figures with how little he has played on the tour this year then hats off to him.next year i feel he has to play as much as possible and then he'll competitive again,whether he will be anywhere near as good as he was before or even number 1 then i don't know.i hope he does because golf needs tiger,he attracts the crowds,look at the galleries following him,unbelievable.

That's a nice gesture by that tour rookie Eldrick Woods...i kid of course. Nice that your daughter got to see the side of TW we all wnat to see again. The guy that loves the game and just wants to play.
188209a1-fabb-2d0f.jpg

---

188209a1-fabb-2d0f.jpg

---

That's awesome!

Sangoram that's awesome! Tiger's playing well today. -2 on the day, -3 overall.

Sangoram that's awesome! Tiger's playing well today. -2 on the day, -3 overall.

Maybe I was expecting too much, but if you look at what is out there today and how well some guys are playing, I think he is having a pretty average round. Something I would expect for the better half of the guys playing in the fall series. Being tied for 31st heading into the back 9 on Saturday is not what I expected. Now I know I will hear about the swing change and the injury and the rust and everything else, but these are my feelings and I expected more.

Maybe I was expecting too much, but if you look at what is out there today and how well some guys are playing, I think he is having a pretty average round. Something I would expect for the better half of the guys playing in the fall series. Being tied for 31st heading into the back 9 on Saturday is not what I expected. Now I know I will hear about the swing change and the injury and the rust and everything else, but these are my feelings and I expected more.

You aren't alone on all that JB, and as much as I don't like the guy, I still wish he'd start showing up again.

I did like what Arnie had to say about it on Friday and agree on the swing comments. Just play golf again.

Me too. I think if he doesn't finish at least 4th place this tournament is a fail (he is the 4th highest ranked player in this tournament that only has 3 of the top 50).

Tiger is playing well IMO, only 3 off the lead now

Tiger is 5 under for the tourny- not as bad as I expected.

Is PGA Tour.com that far behind? They are still showing him at -3 for the tournament and 4 off the lead and then hit a huge left of left drive that was not good.

Then he knocked it to 6 feet and birdied. He just teed off on the par 3

tapatalk addict....

Is PGA Tour.com that far behind? They are still showing him at -3 for the tournament and 4 off the lead and then hit a huge left of left drive that was not good.

So it would seem. He birdied the hole you are seeing right now.

Sloppy shot off the tee on the par 3.

Failed to get out of the bunker, hit his third to about 5 feet for bogey.

What a horrible bunker play

tapatalk addict....

What a horrible bunker play

tapatalk addict....

I dunno if that is accurate-- he tried a high risk shot out of a difficult lie and it didn't work out. The 3rd shot was quite nice.

I dunno if that is accurate-- he tried a high risk shot out of a difficult lie and it didn't work out. The 3rd shot was quite nice.

my thoughts exactly, that first one was plugged bad!

JB it must be behind, he was 3 off the lead but missed that bunker shot so now he is going to drop at least 1 shot.

Bogey for Tiger. Decent approach by casey.

Yeah he did the same thing day 1.

tapatalk addict....

Casey missed a very slow birdie putt.

Tiger hit a decent drive into what looks like the first cut.

Els gets a tidy birdie. Cauley makes a nice put for birdie as well.

Ouch, Tiger hit a nice looking shot that landed just a little short and kicked off a ridge to the front of the green. Has about a 50 footer left.

Back