The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words with friends is fun! Is this what Charlie Sheen calls "WINNING"?

Spoiler
4ac609b7-ccaf-3976.jpg

From the iPhone.

yes Yes YES!!!! be honest words with friends players: We all just spam in words hoping the machine will take it. This just confirms you just need to start with the highest point "word" and go from there until it accepts something. That is purely awesome.

yes Yes YES!!!! be honest words with friends players: We all just spam in words hoping the machine will take it. This just confirms you just need to start with the highest point "word" and go from there until it accepts something. That is purely awesome.

One time I played I only wanted to use words with sexual connotations. Had to break my rule when I had to use "Qi".

One time I played I only wanted to use words with sexual connotations. Had to break my rule when I had to use "Qi".

Man spank. You have know idea the bag of worms involved with "Qi". It literally broke friendships that were 10-12 years old.
F@ck the official scrabble version of the dictionary. Qi is in there, as you well know. But "CHI" the other commonly excepted version is not. Qi being the "pinyin" version, and suddenly therefore the "correct" way to spell it is the only version accepted by the official rule makers of Scrabble. (PinYin is the official way to write chinese using english abc letters for those who dont know.) However a Webster's dictionary as recently as 1995 had "Chi" in it with the same definition as "Qi".
IT DOES NOT HAVE "QI" IN IT HOWEVER .
This Webster's dictionary, was the official rules dictionary for me and my high school friends, College friends, and roommates up until 2007. Until my buddy in a last ditch attempt to play his Q, played Qi, looked it up on the official scrabble dictionary website and all hell ensued. He still wont talk to my other friend, who strongly belives in "Chi"

Looks like I have no choice but to replace this old BB, sick to death of this rollerball, lol. Been wanting something new for two years, but just never pulled the trigger. Not sure which phone yet, likely an android, but where is the best place to buy? I've always bought at the local phone store, but I know people who get them online. Also, do you have to do a two year contract to get a good deal?

Thanks in advance, I've been out of the loop a long time, so sorry for the dumb questions.

Looks like I have no choice but to replace this old BB, sick to death of this rollerball, lol. Been wanting something new for two years, but just never pulled the trigger. Not sure which phone yet, likely an android, but where is the best place to buy? I've always bought at the local phone store, but I know people who get them online. Also, do you have to do a two year contract to get a good deal?

Thanks in advance, I've been out of the loop a long time, so sorry for the dumb questions.

If you have had your BB for a couple of years, check with your service carrier, you are probably due for an upgrade, and they will have huge discounts for you. That is how I got my IPhone 3GS when it was brand new for $50. I didhave to re-sign a 2 year contract, but I have been with AT&T for 15 years, so that was no biggie.

If you have had your BB for a couple of years, check with your service carrier, you are probably due for an upgrade, and they will have huge discounts for you. That is how I got my IPhone 3GS when it was brand new for $50. I didhave to re-sign a 2 year contract, but I have been with AT&T for 15 years, so that was no biggie.

Yeah, its way over due to replace and they keep sending me emails with offers, but I think the local store will upgrade for similar price. Someone told m there are even better deals on the net if you know where to look, but I have no idea.

Anyoneknow if that Droid X is a good phone? One of my partners has it and seems to like it.

Similar position as you due,
I had a BB with roller ball with black tie plan from best buy and the thing crapped out on me so best buy gave me another BB that was "comparable" to the one I had but it was actually of lesser quality and has been a piece of junk since I got it. My wife is getting sick of it because the speaker has been pretty much blown since I got it and I have a hard time understanding what she is saying on the phone unless I am handsfree in my car.

I am thinking of getting an iphone 4 as a result but she has the new torch which is really nice and my mother has an android that she likes as well....but i love my ipad so much that I may just go ahead and get the iphone I think....all those apps really do come in handy sometimes!

I was also considering waiting for the iphone 5 to come out to get the 4 for cheaper....as I am a bargain shopper...but my phone is getting to the point where I cant wait any longer really and I have an upgrade anyways...

Similar position as you due,
I had a BB with roller ball with black tie plan from best buy and the thing crapped out on me so best buy gave me another BB that was "comparable" to the one I had but it was actually of lesser quality and has been a piece of junk since I got it. My wife is getting sick of it because the speaker has been pretty much blown since I got it and I have a hard time understanding what she is saying on the phone unless I am handsfree in my car.

I am thinking of getting an iphone 4 as a result but she has the new torch which is really nice and my mother has an android that she likes as well....but i love my ipad so much that I may just go ahead and get the iphone I think....all those apps really do come in handy sometimes!

I was also considering waiting for the iphone 5 to come out to get the 4 for cheaper....as I am a bargain shopper...but my phone is getting to the point where I cant wait any longer really and I have an upgrade anyways...

Yeah, sounds like a similar deal, only you know a bit more about them I think. Whats with the Iphone/Ipad? You can hook them together, lol? Really, I'm a phone virgin.

Yeah, sounds like a similar deal, only you know a bit more about them I think. Whats with the Iphone/Ipad? You can hook them together, lol? Really, I'm a phone virgin.

haha, well in many ways the ipad is a huge iphone without the phone that is geared more toward just being able to get online and read articles and for games...but since I like all the apps for the ipad such as productivity ones that allow me to track my bills and all better and the games and such.

Since I like having those so much I thought it would be nice to have an iphone. The other reason that the iphone really sparked my interest as well is because of the fact that me and the wife visit disneyland about once a year for a weekend and disney has an app that tells you what rides have the shortest lines! THAt alone made me think that maybe the iphone has small things that I have never thought of that could be fun to use and have to make me more productive and efficient....maybe buy movie tickets on it...or find where to have dinner....

haha, well in many ways the ipad is a huge iphone without the phone that is geared more toward just being able to get online and read articles and for games...but since I like all the apps for the ipad such as productivity ones that allow me to track my bills and all better and the games and such.

Since I like having those so much I thought it would be nice to have an iphone. The other reason that the iphone really sparked my interest as well is because of the fact that me and the wife visit disneyland about once a year for a weekend and disney has an app that tells you what rides have the shortest lines! THAt alone made me think that maybe the iphone has small things that I have never thought of that could be fun to use and have to make me more productive and efficient....maybe buy movie tickets on it...or find where to have dinner....

Sounds kind of cool, but I'm needing to get my better half a laptop right away, so doubt I'll spend the money on an ipad. They just seem so small I dont think she'd be happy with it. I'm going up to look over the phones in a few minutes, most likely I'll just get an android, but will let the salesman explain the differences.

WEll the Ipad is definitely not a laptop equivalent. think of the Ipad as a media only device while the laptop is an all incompasing one.

good luck with your phone search, cell phones seem to be one of the best and worst things about technology...you have a good one and you are happy, if you have a bad one you want to throw it against a wall.

Question: (Maybe its just AT&T or whatever) But whenever the BF and I make a call from our iPhone 4s, we seem to have to dial a second time before the call will actually connect. The first time, it doesn't ring, but the timer is there, so I hang up and try again and it usually connects the second time. Thoughts?

I don't know the answer for you GC, but guessing someone will come along who does.

I got my new phone, went with an android Thunderbolt. I know several people mentioned to stay away, but what do I know? It worked in the store and as long asI keepaphoneIwanted the latest greatest. They should have any quirks out quickly. I went android over iphone for two reasons, my hearing sucks and the android was louder and the larger screen. Beyond that we will see how things go.

I don't know the answer for you GC, but guessing someone will come along who does.

I got my new phone, went with an android Thunderbolt. I know several people mentioned to stay away, but what do I know? It worked in the store and as long asI keepaphoneIwanted the latest greatest. They should have any quirks out quickly. I went android over iphone for two reasons, my hearing sucks and the android was louder and the larger screen. Beyond that we will see how things go.

Duey - The BF has the phone that you have in addition to his iPhone 4 that I have as well. It just takes a little getting used to with the Android, but it is MUCH fast than the iPhone though! I had to give up my BB and I'm glad that I did :D

For those of you with iPhone 4s, do you have problems sending/receiving picture messages?

My friend just sent me one from his 3GS and it could not be displayed... yet I can receive it from my friends' 3G.
On the flip side, I can send to a 3G, but not to a 3GS.

And then I can't send pictures to Androids either... can anyone explain why?

For those of you with iPhone 4s, do you have problems sending/receiving picture messages?

My friend just sent me one from his 3GS and it could not be displayed... yet I can receive it from my friends' 3G.
On the flip side, I can send to a 3G, but not to a 3GS.

And then I can't send pictures to Androids either... can anyone explain why?

Sorry, don't have that problem :( Just sending calls do I have issues :crying:

Sorry, don't have that problem :( Just sending calls do I have issues :crying:

haha the Iphone 4 can do everything except make a phone call. Believe me I know. :banghead:
My friend, also an Iphone 4 owner has enlightened me about my iphone. My Iphone 4 is like having a 2 year old child. It drives me up the wall crazy, but if you try to take it away from me, if you even try to suggest to me that it's inferior in any way, I'll lose my freaking mind defending it. haha

What are the cons to unlocking an iPhone? And what is jailbreaking?

My understanding is that jail breaking an iphone allows the user to bypass apple restrictions or use the phone in a manner that is different from Apple's original intentions. I have heard about jailbreaking a phone just to allow different text tones all the way to jail breaking a phone for sohisticated IT uses (which I don't understand). But mostly people do it to have more control over how their phones look and operate.

The cons to doing this is two-fold. 1) The stability of your phone greatly diminishes with jailbreaking and 2) it voids any and all warranties from Apple .

My knowledge of this is pretty minimal but the apple forums have tons of info related to jailbreaking. http://www.everythingicafe.com/category/jailbreak/

I took a visit to the Apple store today to check out the white iPhone 4's, and I must say they are absolutely stunning. I was this close to buying a white one and trying to sell my only 2-months-old black one on eBay.

I'll hold out for the 5 though.

I took a visit to the Apple store today to check out the white iPhone 4's, and I must say they are absolutely stunning. I was this close to buying a white one and trying to sell my only 2-months-old black one on eBay.

I'll hold out for the 5 though.

My thoughts exactly, can't wait to see what the 5 looks like and performs on Verizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back