Another for the "stupid criminals" file.

Man threatens to shoot snow plow drivers

11:40 AM PST on Wednesday, December 24, 2008

SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police arrested a man for threatening to kill city snow plow drivers and showing a handgun.

Police said that around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday an elderly woman came out of her house near Providence and Howard in North Spokane and started yelling at city snow plow drivers because of the ice berm that was blocking her house.

Then, police say the 53-year-old man came out of the same house and also started yelling at the plow drivers while holding a handgun pointed at the ground.

A few minutes after that confrontation, an anonymous call was made to the City Street Deptartment, saying that any plow driver that came down Providence would be shot.

Police used caller ID to trace the call to the man's house.

Officers arrived at the scene and arrested the man for felony harassment.

Deptartment?

A good friend began his career as a criminal reporter in Denver. He had an entire file cabinet labeled, "Criminals are Stupid."

Some sad news here in Anchorage

Some sad news here in Anchorage

So over the weekend there was a big party in Anchorage, a lot of my friends were there, and I was planning on going, but my mom said no. But I have heard from lots of people who were there, and I'm glad I didn't go.

As with high school parties, there was alcohol involved, but I'm not sure about drugs, but my guess would be there was some. Well around 4 AM, a group of guys came to the party and wanted to come in. No one there knew the guys, so they weren't letting them in. The guys got mad, and I guess they had guns, so they started firing shots into the party. The party was in a big warehouse.

One of the bullets ricocheted off a wall and struck a kid in the head. The kid was rushed to the hospital and put on life support. His younger brother was taken to the hospital so he could say some last words, and he was taken off life support.

His name was Colton Crow, he was one of Alaska's best hockey players, and a good friend of mine, we met in 3rd grade and played hockey together for 2 years. We have grown a part over the last few years, but it still hits me in the heart.

Here is a link to the article in the local news paper.
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/crime/story/725326.html

RIP Colton, you will be remembered by all.

Wow, that is really sad 907. Sorry to hear that. I can't beleive something like that could happen over just a party. I know where you're coming from though about the parties. Stuff like that happens here, but none that I go to.

Those guys are so stupid for getting mad about something like that. Reading the article, im glad to hear that that is only you're towns 5th homicide of the year.

Not sure how big Anchorage is, but if it's big, that is pretty good.

Wow, that is really sad 907. Sorry to hear that. I can't beleive something like that could happen over just a party. I know where you're coming from though about the parties. Stuff like that happens here, but none that I go to.

Those guys are so stupid for getting mad about something like that. Reading the article, im glad to hear that that is only you're towns 5th homicide of the year.

Not sure how big Anchorage is, but if it's big, that is pretty good.

It's really hit hard in the high schools. Colton was a guy that everyone knew. He was a great kid, and didn't deserve to die.

But about the size of Anchorage, the population is about 300,000 people

It's really hit hard in the high schools. Colton was a guy that everyone knew. He was a great kid, and didn't deserve to die.

But about the size of Anchorage, the population is about 300,000 people

Alright so half the size of my city, we had 62 last year.

Just in January 09' there was 6 homicides.

Alright so half the size of my city, we had 62 last year.

Just in January 09' there was 6 homicides.

Wow. As far as I know homicide isn't a very big problem here.

Wow, that's terrible. RIP.

With guys tearing into a warehouse and shooting, Everyone is very lucky there was only one casualty.

I am so sorry to hear that, buddy. You have an ear here if you need one.

It is never right for someone so young to be taken.

With guys tearing into a warehouse and shooting, Everyone is very lucky there was only one casualty.

They didn't break in, they shot in from outside, as far as I know it was just a sheet metal building.

And thanks Flop and Julie.

They didn't break in, they shot in from outside, as far as I know it was just a sheet metal building.

And thanks Flop and Julie.

By tearing in I meant coming in and shooting. I didn't know they shot through the building.

By tearing in I meant coming in and shooting. I didn't know they shot through the building.

No, they couldn't get in. They fired some shots through the wall.

Last edited:
907, I'm really sorry about your friend. I know what it's like to be at those kind of parties as a HS student, and I also know how something so minor can escalate into something very bad like this. I'm sure your parents are just sick knowing that could very well have been you, do yourself a favor and try to remain clear of this stuff as best you can.

Take care.

907, I'm really sorry about your friend. I know what it's like to be at those kind of parties as a HS student, and I also know how something so minor can escalate into something very bad like this. I'm sure your parents are just sick knowing that could very well have been you, do yourself a favor and try to remain clear of this stuff as best you can.

Take care.

Thanks P4B. I don't go to many parties, but I do go from time to time. I've gotten away from partying, my cousin (girl, shes like my best friend) and I used to party a lot. I never got into the drugs and alcohol, and I never will, I just went to have fun, and "meet" girls. Golf is my anti-drug!

Sorry to hear about your friend, 907. I'm glad you didn't go to the party too.

That's sad and scary as all get out, 907. I'm so sorry.

That's sad and scary as all get out, 907. I'm so sorry.

Thanks Claire.

Like I already said, my cousin and I are done partying, it's getting us in too much sh*t. I've got a kid who wants to fight me right now. I'm like 5'4" and he's like 5'7", but I'll still rally him. He tries to act so tough to me, but he's all talk. Oh I forgot to add, we have a bit of history, I'm dating his ex, and he's not happy about it.

Very sad indeed and a very tough lesson for anyone your age. I know this may seem lame but if with his passing his friends don't put themselves in this same stituation his death will not be completely in vain.

907 you seem like a nice guy with a head on your shoulders trust yourself and your inner instincts and you will be okay my prayers go out to his family and if you ever need someone to talk to about anything I'm here for you as well.

Thanks Claire.

Like I already said, my cousin and I are done partying, it's getting us in too much sh*t. I've got a kid who wants to fight me right now. I'm like 5'4" and he's like 5'7", but I'll still rally him. He tries to act so tough to me, but he's all talk. Oh I forgot to add, we have a bit of history, I'm dating his ex, and he's not happy about it.

NOW THAT IS HOW YOU DO IT! Right on buddy!

NOW THAT IS HOW YOU DO IT! Right on buddy!

Haha, I don't know anyone who actually likes the kid. He dumped her for her best friend, and now he wants her back.

Haha, I don't know anyone who actually likes the kid. He dumped her for her best friend, and now he wants her back.

It's funny I know exactly where you are coming from about those kind of guys. And the partying part, and all that other stuff. Drugs are bad. :D

It's funny I know exactly where you are coming from about those kind of guys. And the partying part, and all that other stuff. Drugs are bad. :D

Yeah. I'm not going to get into the drugs. Like I said I'm never gunna get into drugs and alcohol. I went to parties to "meet" girls. Haha.

Back