I remember a few years back, Richard Petty "bumped" the car in front of him on I-85 and all he received was a $65 ticket. In all fairness, he wasn't racing any longer, but he was campaigning for public office at the time.
It's called drafting :D

Kyle Busch is a tool....

Who is their right mind goes nearly 130 in a $300,000 car during a test drive? :banghead:

I despise SHRUB but $300,000 is small to someone with his pockets.

NASCAR blows and so does driving irresponsibly.

Who is their right mind goes nearly 130 in a $300,000 car during a test drive? :banghead:

I would, except I would be on a multi-lane highway.

I was just thinking, if this was a test drive (couldn't read the article here at work), I hope he bought the car afterwards...
If I walked into any dealership and wanted to plunk down 3 centuries of money, I'd want to be the first person to drive/fart in/soil the car's seats.
I know at the Ferrari dealership here in town, NO ONE is allowed to sit in their new cars, except for the one person who unloads the cars from the carriers. I wouldn't want to buy an exotic that had already been thrashed like that!

+1

What an idiot. I don't care if he wrapped himself around a pole/tree. You're asking to hit and kill someone when you do stupid crap like this. I could care less if you drive fast and kill yourself on a closed course, but when you drive irresponsibly on a public facility you are taking other people's lives in your hands. What if somebody pulled out in front of him and he t-boned them going 120? People are going to say "well he's a professional, he can handle it" but it's not yourself that you really need to worry about when driving. It's everyone else.

His brother is the same way, I've never liked either of them.

If it was anyone besides a NASCAR driver I think the "carried away" line wouldn't apply, but those guys drive fast!!!

You are all using names much nicer than the ones I use for him. I always hope he's the first one in the wall.

+1

What an idiot. I don't care if he wrapped himself around a pole/tree. You're asking to hit and kill someone when you do stupid crap like this. I could care less if you drive fast and kill yourself on a closed course, but when you drive irresponsibly on a public facility you are taking other people's lives in your hands. What if somebody pulled out in front of him and he t-boned them going 120? People are going to say "well he's a professional, he can handle it" but it's not yourself that you really need to worry about when driving. It's everyone else.

This is so true. I've driven the stretch of road many times where he got pulled and I see the cop sitting at the corner almost every time. He was being completely wreckless and knowing this road like I do he was lucky he could handle this car. Granted if you are paying $300,000 for a car you will get your moneys worth, but this road is quite curvey and I get scared going 55 around some of those curves little on over twice that. Not to mention his wife was along for the ride!? Putting your own life in danger is one thing, but driving this fast with another person in your car just brings this incident into another level of stupidity. Awesome car! Driven by an Idiot!

Idiot....should be carried away....to JAIL !!

If it were anyone less famous do you think there would have been stiffer concequences?
I know if you are under 18 and get a speeding ticket of 20+ They try their hardest to take your license.

Good job role model.
However, he was driving a toyota, so it may not have been his fault. I'm just surprised it managed to get that fast :D
(And yes I know about the LF-A. Just a gorgeous, over priced bit of carbon fiber wrapped around a V10)

Fixed that for you. The car is almost entirely carbon fiber. It's expensive, and mostly pointless, but it's there and it kicks ass. Apart from that, when was this guy ever a role model? Sure, he's in the public eye, but that doesn't make him a role model.

+1 no way I'd be babying that thing around. Cars like that are made to go FAST.

I second that. I watched a video of Adam Carolla driving one for the CarCast, and it just wants to go fast. He barely got out of 2nd gear and he was going 70 mph.

By the way, I am in no way defending Busch for driving 120+ in a 45. I'm glad he got pulled over and got a ticket. He's lucky he didn't get his license revoked. I thought most states did that for going double the speed limit? He was nearly triple!

Fixed that for you. The car is almost entirely carbon fiber. It's expensive, and mostly pointless, but it's there and it kicks ass. Apart from that, when was this guy ever a role model? Sure, he's in the public eye, but that doesn't make him a role model.

I second that. I watched a video of Adam Carolla driving one for the CarCast, and it just wants to go fast. He barely got out of 2nd gear and he was going 70 mph.

By the way, I am in no way defending Busch for driving 120+ in a 45. I'm glad he got pulled over and got a ticket. He's lucky he didn't get his license revoked. I thought most states did that for going double the speed limit? He was nearly triple!

I'm not entirely sure about this either. I was almost positive that this was a law too, but I'm not sure if it is different in NC. The rules are definitely stricter for anyone under 18 though.

Agreed. Putting other people in danger is unacceptable. Keep in on the track, dumb*ss.

Heard about this on NPR during lunch. He was in a rural area of town when he was clocked. He may lose his DL in North Carolina. I wonder if he had enough pull to get some track time to test the car.

I have to agree with you. I've done stuff like this years ago in much less expensive 300zx that I had in High school. Looking back it was stupid but you learn and grow.

I'm going to be honest... I doubt I'd be going 45 in that thing either.

I would have been happy to give him a ride in the back of my squad car after a dumba** move like that. At 30 over you go to jail in Illinois. Money doesn't relieve you of responsibility.

Heard about this on NPR during lunch. He was in a rural area of town when he was clocked. He may lose his DL in North Carolina. I wonder if he had enough pull to get some track time to test the car.

I get what your saying, but its still not ok. I've gone well over the speed limit myself, but it wasn't on a curvy back road. I feel like if he really wanted to he could of went to a race track and really drove it more "safely".

I don't have the article but I know one where a man left his child in the car to go into the liquor store. A cop then rolled up and saw the child was locked in the car. The man never came out for over an hour the cop then went into the store the person running the store wasn't found at the counter. Cop went to the back found illegal gambling along with cock fights.

Only in Delaware man.

Back