The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

Fact: Hawk rocks. These will be very helpful dude. I truly appreciate it

Not a problem guys. I had some spare time to kill one day. You can also bring up the Bird's Eye view on Bing Maps to and rotate the map to bring the hole into view from different angles. It's fun for some dreaming day dreaming.

pretty cool of you Hawk. Clearly you have to much time on your hands though haha
I won't lie, I've checked them out using google maps several times.

Bing is better dude. The bird's eye view is set at an angle and you can move it around.

I just put up some videos in the "Video Thread" that show the courses using Google Maps, shows the layout of the courses pretty well.

Thanks Ary - I will check those out when I get on a video friendly machine.

That's awesome guys!

At the risk of making myself looking even nerdier, I thought I'd throw this out there.

I compiled screenshots of all of the holes from True Blue and Caledonia (from the website - with yardage indicators) and put them in a couple documents for easy viewing. I'd be glad to share them if you are obsessive like me. Just email me at ryan@thehackersparadise.com

Thanks Bro! Email sent!

Sitting here staring at the True Blue website. Wonder what the tees will end up being. I know we will mix it up a bit but I just wonder what tees I should be looking at for each hole. That first hole can be a beast!

Sitting here staring at the True Blue website. Wonder what the tees will end up being. I know we will mix it up a bit but I just wonder what tees I should be looking at for each hole. That first hole can be a beast!

I don't think anyone can get on that first hole in two. It'll come down to who can better execute with wedges.

Sent from my forged iPad

It's such a great course. I looked at the website a bunch of times, and all I could think about is how at some point in my life I will be taking a vacation down there to play. You guys are playing some world-class courses in July.

I don't think anyone can get on that first hole in two. It'll come down to who can better execute with wedges.

Sent from my forged iPad

If it is whites for par 5's it would be reachable I would think. Maybe not for me but for you big fellas

If it is whites for par 5's it would be reachable I would think. Maybe not for me but for you big fellas

I don't think it's reachable. I've played it 15 or 20 times and never gone for it. Too much trouble around the green and I would be willing to bet that most drives end up right of center in the fairway, which just makes the approach so much longer. The second shot is down right scary too.

Sent from my forged iPad

Looks like a pretty tight dog leg. You would really have to get a drive anywhere from 250-350 to even have a chance. Only way I would have a chance is from the whites driving it 260 followed by a 240 3 wood. And then trying to avoid the waste bunker on each side of the green.

3 shot hole for me most likely!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I don't see a reason to even tempt fate on that first hole unless its during the scramble. No sense in chancing a big number right off the bat.

--
tapatalk

I hope chunky goes for it in two. I would like to see that.

Sent from my forged iPad

I agree. Do it chunky, go big and go home.

--
tapatalk

I'm pretty sure Chunky will go for it in 4.

The good news is that every righty can hit massive slices and still hit that fairway. It's a tough course. The par 5's are not easy at all.

Sent from my forged iPad

Check out hole 17. 395 par 4 with water all the way down the right side. Hope there are no slicers.....that hole will be very interesting to watch.

395 from white....can play a bit longer!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I've been known to go for par 5's in 4. Eventually I'll make a one putt par.

Hoping to get up in March to play one of the 2 courses. I've Bing stalked them to death lately.

--
tapatalk

I agree. Do it chunky, go big and go home.

--
tapatalk

Haha I don't go big with anything. I am a layup guy on pretty much every par 5. CB you will rue that comment. I will be putting for birdie. I can guarantee it!

Hole #2 at True Blue would be awesome if you guys played it forward one day. I don't know if you guys are going to be on one set of tees or if it will be like a pro tourney where they move though. If the tees move, #2 could play at 271 for you guys one of the rounds. A ton of risk/reward with that big bunker area in front of the green. That would be fun to watch.

Hole #2 at True Blue would be awesome if you guys played it forward one day. I don't know if you guys are going to be on one set of tees or if it will be like a pro tourney where they move though. If the tees move, #2 could play at 271 for you guys one of the rounds. A ton of risk/reward with that big bunker area in front of the green. That would be fun to watch.

Pretty sure we will be mixing tees throughout the event

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Haha I don't go big with anything. I am a layup guy on pretty much every par 5. CB you will rue that comment. I will be putting for birdie. I can guarantee it!
I will rue nothing!!!! I see it like this, nasty hook off the tee, chip out, layup, then a shot at the green, hit short, chip on and then three putt. But thats ok man, its match play.

I love looking at these courses, and I can't wait to play them.

Back