The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be parades. Mike Vick stunk!
The unbeatable team lost.
Its a freaking miracle.

I find it funny that The Eagles have been called "The Dream Team" after their backup called them that. I was really surpirsed that Vince Young's opinion mattered that much.

Vick lost the game for the Eagles by himself.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Passing yards the new most overrated stat in pro football? How good is Tom Brady? And how about next weeks showdown, Bills vs Pats both 2-0. Im loving this Bills team.

Passing yards the new most overrated stat in pro football? How good is Tom Brady? And how about next weeks showdown, Bills vs Pats both 2-0. Im loving this Bills team.

Some say they have been for a while. Between the 20s teams can just sling it all over the place and because of zone defenses and their thoughts on bend and not break, yards get accumulated. Its a passing league by a huge margin now. Interesting stat. Cam Newton and his yards vs his record (has 2nd most passing yards in the league). Another factor of course is that when a team is behind, they throw more (unless your Brady and/or Rodgers), then you throw any time.

Some say they have been for a while. Between the 20s teams can just sling it all over the place and because of zone defenses and their thoughts on bend and not break, yards get accumulated. Its a passing league by a huge margin now. Interesting stat. Cam Newton and his yards vs his record (has 2nd most passing yards in the league). Another factor of course is that when a team is behind, they throw more (unless your Brady and/or Rodgers), then you throw any time.

Its like if a team or QB dont go over 300 yards he had a terrible game. Give me TD to INT's any day over passing yards.

Cam Newton had fantastic numbers, but if you look at the number of passing attempts that Cam had, he was going to rack up yards because all the Panthers did was throw. It was working because they were moving the ball up the field. But once they got near the goal line He didn't look anywhere near as impressive.

Its like if a team or QB dont go over 300 yards he had a terrible game. Give me TD to INT's any day over passing yards.

Agreed. The other one is completion percentage. It is a huge stat, dont get me wrong, but guys like Alex Smith are near the top. Guys that hold onto the ball and take too many sacks. And most importantly, guys that always throw short passes. Its become so common in todays NFL for QBs to throw 6 yard passes when they need 10 and we as fans hope the WRs get there.

Cam Newton had fantastic numbers, but if you look at the number of passing attempts that Cam had, he was going to rack up yards because all the Panthers did was throw. It was working because they were moving the ball up the field. But once they got near the goal line He didn't look anywhere near as impressive.

Cam does have less attempts than Rivers and Brees and more yards though. Still lots of attempts, but his yards per attempt numbers are staggering and only behind Brady.

It's amazing to me how well the Patriots utilize their TE's. I mean they have been doing it for years and so has Peyton with Clark. But it seems like people just have no idea how to cover 2 of them that can actually run and catch. (Gronkkowski and Hernandez)

Cam does have less attempts than Rivers and Brees and more yards though. Still lots of attempts, but his yards per attempt numbers are staggering and only behind Brady.

Oh yeah. I am aa full on believer of that guys future. He has a huge arm. But it just looked like he got reall confused in the goal to go downs.

If he figures that out, that offesnse will be scary.

Oh yeah. I am aa full on believer of that guys future. He has a huge arm. But it just looked like he got reall confused in the goal to go downs.

If he figures that out, that offesnse will be scary.

He couldn't figure out how much money he was gonna ask for. Allegedly.

And you can go right back to the TD-INT ratio for Cam, 3/4. Not good.

I'll go further than that, just give me wins over everything and I'm happy. That's the only thing that matters anyways.

That's just me painting with an eve broader stroke though hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just looking at the stats page for QB's, Cassel is at 50.4 QB rating right now, ouch lol

I think the Panthers and Cam have great potential, but can't get their run game down. They have two of the better running backs in the league and can't run over 3 yds. That really hurts in the red zone.

I think the Panthers and Cam have great potential, but can't get their run game down. They have two of the better running backs in the league and can't run over 3 yds. That really hurts in the red zone.

Honest question though. If the Patriots were 0-2 could we not say the same thing about their team? They have virtually no running game right now and ahve the most pass attempts in the league. Followed by the Saints and Chargers. I mean we could technically say that about any team that throws more than they run I guess.

Honest question though. If the Patriots were 0-2 could we not say the same thing about their team? They have virtually no running game right now and ahve the most pass attempts in the league. Followed by the Saints and Chargers. I mean we could technically say that about any team that throws more than they run I guess.

True. I guess I just have hope since I am a big fan of them. HAHA

And you can go right back to the TD-INT ratio for Cam, 3/4. Not good.

Not bad for a rookie though dude. I'd love to see the same stats for the first two games of other noteable rookies (Marino, Elway, Aikman, Manning, Rivers). I'm not comparing him to any of those guys but it seems like he's far exceeding expectations.

Tom Brady is just a machine. He's like a terminator on the field.

Tom Brady is just a machine. He's like a terminator on the field.

He is like a surgeon out there. Its crazy to watch. These guys on that team are not stars. Heck most of them were cast offs from other teams. Yet he just goes about his business and does it every single week.

I :love: him, he carries my Fantasy team and goes home to Giselle every night.

He likes salads too. You two could be perfect.

Not bad for a rookie though dude. I'd love to see the same stats for the first two games of other noteable rookies (Marino, Elway, Aikman, Manning, Rivers). I'm not comparing him to any of those guys but it seems like he's far exceeding expectations.

I agree dude. Not saying he hasn't been good for rookie. He has been really impressive numbers wise. And he's made the usual rookie mistakes like most do. He's going to be a good QB no doubt.

HOW BOUT THE DIRTY BIRDZ!!! I am so pumped over that win last night. To say the Eagles have our number would be a gross understatement. It was a gut check win for the Falcons and they got it done in front of the home crowd. It was very ugly but a win is a win is a win.

There should be parades. Mike Vick stunk!
The unbeatable team lost.
Its a freaking miracle.

I heard a comedian say, "If all dogs go to Heaven, and Michael Vick is lucky enough to make the cut, should he be worried?"

I would be interested in seeing those numbers as well.

He is like a surgeon out there. Its crazy to watch. These guys on that team are not stars. Heck most of them were cast offs from other teams. Yet he just goes about his business and does it every single week.

I am not a Pats fan by any means, but the Tom Brady does more with less than any QB in the league right now. On what other team would Danny Woodhead be a starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back