The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the talk of Jones having a break out year his and the Cowboys rushing numbers are ranked #31 in the league. Ouch.
Don't matter when Sexy Tony is throwing the ball all over the lot.

Yeah that's pretty bad, and only going to get worse with Jones banged up.

Jones is good to go this weekend homers.

Jones is good to go this weekend homers.

Which Jones will do better this week though...Thomas or Felix?

For all the talk of Jones having a break out year his and the Cowboys rushing numbers are ranked #31 in the league. Ouch.

doesnt help when your behind every game

Yeah Im sure he'll be great with only one shoulder.

The Jets game? Cowboys were up by 10.

yeah, but 10 isnt considered enough. Plus the boys are a passing team

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...cutler-unsure-survive-season-getting-hit-rate

Glad cutler was honest about it...Congrats on making a defense bears you completely ruined your offense in the process
Cutler isn't very elusive anyways, you add that to a sucky line and his future looks grim! I'm not sure different formations are going to fix it but maybe personnel changes will. Hopefully Chicago has better luck with him than Denver did but its not looking so hot.

yeah, but 10 isnt considered enough. Plus the boys are a passing team

This.. Dez, Austin, and Witten make it easier to pass. I still think if Felix can stay relatively healthy he will have a pretty good year. He is so dynamic that he can have 1 yard carries half the game then bust out two 20 yard runs in a row.

Cutler isn't very elusive anyways, you add that to a sucky line and his future looks grim! I'm not sure different formations are going to fix it but maybe personnel changes will. Hopefully Chicago has better luck with him than Denver did but its not looking so hot.

He excelled in moving pockets and throwing on the run. How is he not elusive? Prior to getting to Chicago he passed for over 4k yards, and before your defense took a dump on the field instead of covering players you all almost made the playoffs. He was behind a stout offensive line in denver and only sacked what 11 times>?

He gets hit because he makes the throw knowing he is going to get hit. When he scrambles he gains yards.

Broncos fans = rejected girlfriends lol

I can't Wait till Sunday! I have Season Tickets to the Raiders and the Jet's are coming to town. The Raiders Offense is starting to look really good but their D-Fense killed them in the 2nd half of that Buffalo game. The Raiders have a tough 3 weeks ahead of them. Jet's at Home, Patriots at Home, then Playing at the Texans.

This.. Dez, Austin, and Witten make it easier to pass. I still think if Felix can stay relatively healthy he will have a pretty good year. He is so dynamic that he can have 1 yard carries half the game then bust out two 20 yard runs in a row.

He's been terrible so far. I read something on the Cowboys that said they are the only team in the league without a run over 10 yards? Smell the stink

Unfortunately that leads to not moving the chains a whole lot. Averaging 2.7 yards a carry this season wont get far. However he is a career 5 yard a carry guy which is exceptional. Only issue is, he has never carried the burden of being "the guy". Only time will tell if he can do that. So far, its not going well, but its still early.

He's been terrible so far. I read something on the Cowboys that said they are the only team in the league without a run over 10 yards? Smell the stink

Sounds like Chris Johnson too. With his long for the season being 7 yards and all...hehe

Ouch....did not realize that so went to look it up. It is true - Felix has an 8 yard run. Doh!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Daniel Thomas is gonna have a huge weekend......I hope.

Unfortunately that leads to not moving the chains a whole lot. Averaging 2.7 yards a carry this season wont get far. However he is a career 5 yard a carry guy which is exceptional. Only issue is, he has never carried the burden of being "the guy". Only time will tell if he can do that. So far, its not going well, but its still early.

Sounds like Chris Johnson too. With his long for the season being 7 yards and all...hehe

That bold part is so important too. Look at Romo's fumble against the Jets. That was a passing team struggling to pass it into the end zone because they cant run. Id like to see Murray get some more touches and see if hes got any more to offer then Felix Jerry at this point. Who'd thunk it? Between Chris Grillz Johnson and Flix Jerry they dont have a run over 8 yards so far.

Bengals being Bengals, more arrests & NFL discipline likely

WHen I saw that the first thing I thought was how in the blue hill does Marvin Lewis still have a job?
Lost control of team? Check
Not winning? Check
Players retiring instead of playing for him? Check

I mean the fact that he is employed still with the mess they have been in since he has been there is downright shocking. Almost every other team would dismiss him. He must have some "interesting" photos of someone.

WHen I saw that the first thing I thought was how in the blue hill does Marvin Lewis still have a job?
Not winning? Check

I mean the fact that he is employed still with the mess they have been in since he has been there is downright shocking. Almost every other team would dismiss him. He must have some "interesting" photos of someone.

Mike Brown, and his apparent senility, has a lot to do with that I'm sure.

Mike Brown, and his apparent senility, has a lot to do with that I'm sure.

Blugold is right, it is 100% Mike Brown. Marvin used to punish #85 for his trash talk & antics, but Brown told him to let him be. I swear people in Cincy would rather have Old Al Davis as an owner than Mike Brown. Brown doesnt care about winning, he only cares about making money. Al Davis does some crazy stuff, but at least he tries to win. Cincy doesnt even have an indoor practice facility, how in the hell can guys this far north practice well in Nov and December when its pissing rain and dumping snow.

I'm not a Cincy native so it doesnt bother me much, but its just pathetic to watch.

Blugold is right, it is 100% Mike Brown. Marvin used to punish #85 for his trash talk & antics, but Brown told him to let him be. I swear people in Cincy would rather have Old Al Davis as an owner than Mike Brown. Brown doesnt care about winning, he only cares about making money. Al Davis does some crazy stuff, but at least he tries to win. Cincy doesnt even have an indoor practice facility, how in the hell can guys this far north practice well in Nov and December when its pissing rain and dumping snow.

I'm not a Cincy native so it doesnt bother me much, but its just pathetic to watch.

Not on draft day...hehe

Not winning? Check

IT makes you wonder.

Not on draft day...hehe

2009 Draft - Andre Smith & Darius Heyward-Bay were chosen by both teams in back to back picks in the first round (picks 6, 7). I wouldnt say either have 'flourished'. Both organizations are a mess, both need to be blown up and started over.

2009 Draft - Andre Smith & Darius Heyward-Bay were chosen by both teams in back to back picks in the first round (picks 6, 7). I wouldnt say either have 'flourished'. Both organizations are a mess, both need to be blown up and started over.

Yeah, but there are a whole lot of other picks. Franchise QBs for instance, and if you compared top 5 rounds over the last 5 years for each team, you would be shocked at the lack of talent the Raiders have drafted overall. Im not disputing the lack of abilities in Cincy, because its a mess. But I dont think there is any question that Al Davis has been the worst talent analyzer in early round drafting over the last decade. Its awful when you look through their picks. Their bright shining light in the 1st round is a kicker for goodness gracious.

I hope this is the final straw for Cincy. I really do, because Lewis needs to go. In 9 years he has done nothing with that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back