The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
his stats may not show it, but I think he's played well tonight all things considered

Romo's played great tonight no doubt. And the skins O line was just terrible on this last drive. Didn't give Rex much of a chance to do anything.

Romo played with some serious heart tonight...bad snaps, wrong routes, receivers not knowing where to go...and oh yeah busted ribs!

Great game by Romo!

What a win! I am so happy with how Romo played.. the rest of our team was a little suspect, our center needs to get his head out of his ass.

What a win! I am so happy with how Romo played.. the rest of our team was a little suspect, our center needs to get his head out of his ass.

I see a new center in the Cowboys very near future!

Ain't that the truth! Romo really did play well! The 'Boys got a good win tonight!

I see a new center in the Cowboys very near future!

Especially with the Lions and their D-line coming to Dallas next week, I think Romo is going to be under heavy pressure all day long.

Especially with the Lions and their D-line coming to Dallas next week, I think Romo is going to be under heavy pressure all day long.

Yeah, that could get ugly.

That was a good win for Dallas. Romo didnt play great football, but given the conditions, he did what he had to do. Watching this team play makes me wonder what it takes to be called a "genius" (as in the offensive one they have). Their play calling continues to baffle most. Redzone play calling is absolutely atrocious. And eventually this team will have to score TDs in the redzone.

But a win is a win and if fragile Felix and Tmex's younger richer brother Antonio are alright, they will play well against Detroit.

That was one tough game to watch. Romo looked bad early but gotta hand to him he showed some toughness and leadership. I dont think Ive ever seen a NFL QB get doinked with the ball when he wasnt ready more then Romo the last few weeks. Somehow he still manages to scoop it up and make a play. The Cowboys defense once again played good. They really have made huge strides compared to how bad they were last year. The last two weeks Romo has showed something that I think a lot of people have been waiting to see. Some leadership and toughness. Last night his WR's were terrible. Kevin Ogletree has his chance and blew it as far as Im concerned. He's been there now long enough he should know the plays and where to line up. Robinson comes in this week and shows him up. Ouch. Agree that the red zone play calling is very suspect at best. Some of those plays were real head scratchers.

After this game and the weekends games the NFL needs to do something about the officiating. Ware was tackled on his way to another sack. No call? Two officials were standing there. How did they miss it? And the call on Ball for hitting a defenseless WR was a text book hit. But the Landry hit on Robinson wasn't a penalty? They really need to get some continuity in the officiating and some consistency. It was bad this past weekend.

Hey Dream Team, hows last place look? hahahahaa

That was one tough game to watch. Romo looked bad early but gotta hand to him he showed some toughness and leadership. I dont think Ive ever seen a NFL QB get doinked with the ball when he wasnt ready more then Romo the last few weeks. Somehow he still manages to scoop it up and make a play. The Cowboys defense once again played good. They really have made huge strides compared to how bad they were last year. The last two weeks Romo has showed something that I think a lot of people have been waiting to see. Some leadership and toughness. Last night his WR's were terrible. Kevin Ogletree has his chance and blew it as far as Im concerned. He's been there now long enough he should know the plays and where to line up. Robinson comes in this week and shows him up. Ouch. Agree that the red zone play calling is very suspect at best. Some of those plays were real head scratchers.

After this game and the weekends games the NFL needs to do something about the officiating. Ware was tackled on his way to another sack. No call? Two officials were standing there. How did they miss it? And the call on Ball for hitting a defenseless WR was a text book hit. But the Landry hit on Robinson wasn't a penalty? They really need to get some continuity in the officiating and some consistency. It was bad this past weekend.

Hey Dream Team, hows last place look? hahahahaa

I dont disagree with the bad officiating, but that Landry hit was legal in my opinion. Continuity is what is lacking across the board and I thought it was apparent for both teams last night.

I was speaking with someone this morning about the play calling in the redzone and we always come away with the same two questions.
1. Is the play calling the redzone so bad because the "genius" is trying to outsmart people rather than just getting it done?
2. Or is the play calling in the redzone so bad because the "genius" actually knows the limitations of the players on his offense and tries to hide them?

Not sure which it is, but it definitely needs to change.

Philly is the Panthers of the NFC East, lol.

I wondered where last weeks hero Jesse Holley was last night....I say him on special teams be never say him on offence....after all the press he got for the big catches the week before, I would have run him out there as a decoy if nothing else.

And yes KMAC, the officiating was terrible...Ware was blantantly held 3 or 4 times and it wasn't called and then they throw the flag on the defenseless receiver....C'mon Man!

That defenseless receiver thing has to be the worse rule...I understand the intent...but they gotta get it right....in most of the cases I have seen it called, the defender is just standing their ground and making a hit.....they gotta get that rule cleaned up.

Landry hit was awesome!

I dont disagree with the bad officiating, but that Landry hit was legal in my opinion. Continuity is what is lacking across the board and I thought it was apparent for both teams last night.

I agree....but I think the Ball hit was completely legal as well...he lead with the shoulder not the head....as you said continuity.

I agree....but I think the Ball hit was completely legal as well...he lead with the shoulder not the head....as you said continuity.

See and I saw that one as illegal. Just different perspectives I guess.

I was speaking with someone this morning about the play calling in the redzone and we always come away with the same two questions.
1. Is the play calling the redzone so bad because the "genius" is trying to outsmart people rather than just getting it done?
2. Or is the play calling in the redzone so bad because the "genius" actually knows the limitations of the players on his offense and tries to hide them?

Not sure which it is, but it definitely needs to change.

And I wouldnt even say bad officiating as much as I would say inconsistent. Some of the calls are so blatantly missed its crazy. I know the game is different on the field and incredibly fast but seriously. Its almost like the officiating as a whole has taken a big step backwards this year.

I think its more #1 then #2, IMO. How do you not throw the ball to Dez down in the redzone more? I actually think Romo could call a better play down there then J.Genius does. Maybe Romo is changing the plays? I know in that play that won the game in SF Romo changed that one at the line according to Holley. I think they really need to get DeMarco Murray into the games more. He's got some pop and power that Fragile and Out of bounds Choice dont have.

I agree that one was legal too. Led with the shoulder and defenders have to have a **** and separating the ball from the receiver. Part of the game.

They showed the Ball hit a bunch of times and from what I saw it looked text book. Hit him in the chest or shoulder pad area. I dunno, I hate this rule, in the end its confusing and hurts the game.

the bad part of it all is that it's just like pass interference.....it's a judgement call by the official at the time and there's just no consistency yet. you can't always go by 'I'll know what it is when I see it'

Wow hanks that is ridiculous hahah. The look on her face said it all

I thought the officiating was bad last night but it worked both ways. Its beenw orse this year... I swear.

crazy right? there's gotta be a sexual harrassment suit somwhere in Duke's closet now

They showed the Ball hit a bunch of times and from what I saw it looked text book. Hit him in the chest or shoulder pad area. I dunno, I hate this rule, in the end its confusing and hurts the game.

Agree I didn't think that was anything but a good play.

Agree I didn't think that was anything but a good play.

How about the Landry hit on Robinson? What did you think about that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back