The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Luck play reminds me so much of another young QB a few years back and I have been talking about how good this kid is for about 2 years. Few rookie QBs could rebound this fast from their 1st pick 6 and throw these passes. Every QB throws interceptions and they will happen, but I have yet to see a pass that this kind cannot throw.

When you watch him and he has time, watch his footwork and head movement. Looks like someone with years of experience.

Oh dear goodness the Colts run on 3rd and goal??!! When was the last time that happened? I like the new coaching staff!

I guess I don't understand the mentality of players that take the risk with the rest of their life. I know football is a rough sport and everyone will have long term effects from playing, but when you are someone like Collie it just seems crazy to continue to play when you know the risks.

I agree. It's one thing to have messed up knees, or a bad shoulder or some other bodily injury for the rest of your life, but when it comes to the brain...I feel like all bets are off. That kind of long term, permanent damage isn't worth it.

Watching Luck play reminds me so much of another young QB a few years back and I have been talking about how good this kid is for about 2 years. Few rookie QBs could rebound this fast from their 1st pick 6 and throw these passes. Every QB throws interceptions and they will happen, but I have yet to see a pass that this kind cannot throw.

When you watch him and he has time, watch his footwork and head movement. Looks like someone with years of experience.

That was why I found it so funny when people were on the RGIII #1 over Luck. Luck is a franchise QB and will be for the next 10+ years. He has "it", which is rare to find in a QB. If they build this team correct it can just as good if not better then the Peyton Manning Colt teams with him at QB.

I agree. It's one thing to have messed up knees, or a bad shoulder or some other bodily injury for the rest of your life, but when it comes to the brain...I feel like all bets are off. That kind of long term, permanent damage isn't worth it.

When is someone going to step in and tell these people to QUIT and call it a career? This is something that needs to be a league rule you can't risk these peoples future for the good of the game right now. Hope something changes soon.

Who was that other QB, if you don't mind me asking?

Don't get me started on this topic. All I will say is that I understand the appeal of football, but the concussion research that is being done right now is just the tip of the iceberg, and the game is going to change as a result of it.

Looking on Twitter for comments on this game tonight, seems to be an odd hatred toward Luck? I find that interesting. Kid is a heck of a QB, and has some serious talkent.

That was why I found it so funny when people were on the RGIII #1 over Luck. Luck is a franchise QB and will be for the next 10+ years. He has "it", which is rare to find in a QB. If they build this team correct it can just as good if not better then the Peyton Manning Colt teams with him at QB.

Lets not go crazy yet. Luck has all the skills but it takes more and a want to take it to the legend status. Peyton Manning is arguably the best pure passer the NFL has ever seen.

Despite what the media was trying to make of things, there is not a scout in the NFL that had RGIII over Luck on any board. Luck had the highest draft stock score going in than anybody in a number of years.

Who was that other QB, if you don't mind me asking?

John Elway. He is actually more Troy Aikman like in his throws. He reads the field the way Aikman did and his choices are incredibly Aikman like. However his footwork wreaks of Elway. I mean almost to a T.

Now in a few years, we will see if he puts in the work to get to that kind of status, but this kid has the raw tools, that is for sure.

You know the boxscore readers will chime in tomorrow with 2 picks for Luck...That was not on him.

You know the boxscore readers will chime in tomorrow with 2 picks for Luck...That was not on him.
Not at all. He put the ball right on the numbers, and the WR coughed it up. Garcon doesnt make that mistake, just sayin'.

Not at all. He put the ball right on the numbers, and the WR coughed it up. Garcon doesnt make that mistake, just sayin'.

Watching True Blood now but Garçon would have to actually catch a ball to fumble it dude had some serious butter fingers!

So Collie is being evaluated for "concussion like symptoms".

I hate that term. In the end, either you have a concussion or you don't. They should just say a player is being evaluated to determine whether he has a concussion or not.

Lets not go crazy yet. Luck has all the skills but it takes more and a want to take it to the legend status. Peyton Manning is arguably the best pure passer the NFL has ever seen.
I realize that, it's just nice to see a QB that potential to live up to the hype. There are so many factors that will go in Luck moving from good to elite level and a lot of it will have to do will the talent this team puts around him and the work he puts in over the next couple of years. Peyton put in a ton of work to get to where he was before the injury but he also had 2 elite receivers and a great TE to play with which makes a world of difference.

I realize that, it's just nice to see a QB that potential to live up to the hype. There are so many factors that will go in Luck moving from good to elite level and a lot of it will have to do will the talent this team puts around him and the work he puts in over the next couple of years. Peyton put in a ton of work to get to where he was before the injury but he also had 2 elite receivers and a great TE to play with which makes a world of difference.

I wont get into that really, but lets just say in my opinion, sometimes the QB makes all the difference.

I wont get into that really, but lets just say in my opinion, sometimes the QB makes all the difference.

How many times do you see "elite" receivers get the big pay day and do nothing when they go somewhere else! I think it is VERY rare for a WR or TE to make a QB look better.

How many times do you see "elite" receivers get the big pay day and do nothing when they go somewhere else! I think it is VERY rare for a WR or TE to make a QB look better.

I think it happens more than people think and add to that systems making a difference. There have been WRs that make QBs look good....See D. Culpepper.

These refs are horrible tonight. How do you check the replay on the RB TD, but not Luck's slide? Bring back hochulie

I think it happens more than people think and add to that systems making a difference. There have been WRs that make QBs look good....See D. Culpepper.
Moss made him look great didn't he!

Just saw on Twitter that the Bills released Merriman.

Just saw on Twitter that the Bills released Merriman.
I wonder if when they told him of his release, the Coach stood up and "shot out the lights?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back