The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on Twitter that the Bills released Merriman.

Wonder if he just didn't recover well enough from last years injuries.

I wonder if when they told him of his release, the Coach stood up and "shot out the lights?"

Sort of reminds me of Arrington's free fall from being one of the best in the game to all the sudden out of the game.

Sort of reminds me of Arrington's free fall from being one of the best in the game to all the sudden out of the game.

My memory may be a little sketchy on this one, but it seems like his game went downhill pretty fast after his steroid suspension.

Yup. I think he was having a good year last year early on until he got hurt. Really he hasn't been the same player he was for 3 or so years. I'm guessing the if Buffalo cut him they have someone ready to take over. I think their D could be pretty solid this year(barring injuries of course).

Yup. I think he was having a good year last year early on until he got hurt. Really he hasn't been the same player he was for 3 or so years. I'm guessing the if Buffalo cut him they have someone ready to take over. I think their D could be pretty solid this year(barring injuries of course).

Reports say they are planning on having DE Kyle Moore step in Merrimens place. He played in his spot last year after Merrimen was knocked out.

My memory may be a little sketchy on this one, but it seems like his game went downhill pretty fast after his steroid suspension.

Yeah funny how that happens. Its like these guys should be playing baseball for the Brewers... :bulgy-eyes:

This without question.

Yeah funny how that happens. Its like these guys should be playing baseball for the Brewers... :bulgy-eyes:

No way dude, WI athletes are the best, nicest and hardest working in the game. Except when they cheat, and even then, I believe them.

Signed
WI Residents

that guy "technically" got off

that guy "technically" got off

.... lol so many ways to take that. :angel:

Looks like the Cowboys got them a Welker clone in that Beasley guy.

http://www.kmbc.com/sports/Chiefs-T...me/-/11664276/16195486/-/n3utynz/-/index.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali has been suspended the first game of the regular season for violating the NFL policy on substance abuse, the league announced on Monday.

Hali was also fined one additional game check. He can return to the Chiefs' active roster on Monday, September 10.

The league said Hali is eligible to participate in the remaining preseason practices and games.

"Tamba’s situation is unfortunate," said Kansas City Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli. "Obviously, we are disappointed and will miss him during this suspension, but the NFL's policies are very clear and we respect the league's decision in this matter. We are unable to comment further on this matter or any aspect of the NFL’s Drug Policy.”

No other information was released by the league.

http://www.kmbc.com/sports/Chiefs-T...me/-/11664276/16195486/-/n3utynz/-/index.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali has been suspended the first game of the regular season for violating the NFL policy on substance abuse, the league announced on Monday.

Hali was also fined one additional game check. He can return to the Chiefs' active roster on Monday, September 10.

The league said Hali is eligible to participate in the remaining preseason practices and games.

"Tamba’s situation is unfortunate," said Kansas City Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli. "Obviously, we are disappointed and will miss him during this suspension, but the NFL's policies are very clear and we respect the league's decision in this matter. We are unable to comment further on this matter or any aspect of the NFL’s Drug Policy.”

Woohoo thats one less guy the Falcons have to deal with.

This may work out well, if the Texans don't kill him in week 1....
"@MiamiDolphins Philbin has announced that Ryan Tannehill has been named the starting quarterback"

This! Clearly something was helping him to play at the level he did until he got caught. He has not been the same player since!

One game? I thought it was four for an offense? Maybe there is a step in the policy I don't know about?

Well, this is one way for the Jags to not have people talk about their attendance problems, just don't play as many games in Jacksonville.

"@vitostellino Khan and Goodell will announce at the press conference the Jags will play multiple games in London"

This one has been coming for a while. While their fans cry that they have more people there than other stadiums, the interest is just not there right now according to "internal sources". When one team bagged their London trips, Jax jumped in.

Well, this is one way for the Jags to not have people talk about their attendance problems, just don't play as many games in Jacksonville.

"@vitostellino Khan and Goodell will announce at the press conference the Jags will play multiple games in London"

I'd guess this eliminates them from the 'move to LA' rumors too

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Haha, how typical of Jacksonville.

I am sure someone will step in here soon and tell us how great Jacksonville is...

I don't understand the Rams bagging theirs, dont they struggle for attendance as well?

I don't understand the Rams bagging theirs, dont they struggle for attendance as well?

Yes, but there is far more to it than just attendance.

This one has been coming for a while. While their fans cry that they have more people there than other stadiums, the interest is just not there right now according to "internal sources". When one team bagged their London trips, Jax jumped in.
Understandable to bag the trips. The grind of an NFL season is enough just traveling within the US but to travel back and forth overseas multiple times has to be tough on players trying to compete in the NFL. The time changes can play havoc with a persons internal clock. Some players struggle just going from west to east and playing a 1pm game. Imaging going from west coast to London to play and then returning home and playing again next week. Not the best of ideas. I know the NFL wants to expand the game but the reality Europe and beyond just isn't reasonable for the NFL to think about playing games full time.

Just saw on Twitter that the Bills released Merriman.
Remember after the first couple of seasons when people were getting on Dallas for taking Ware and not Merriman.........look at that decision now.

Remember after the first couple of seasons when people were getting on Dallas for taking Ware and not Merriman.........look at that decision now.
The NFL is filled with picks that go like this all the time. Being a GM is tough and I don't envy what they have to do each year trying to put together a team.

Vick struggling to get up. Where're the refs to protect him like other stars.

Kevin

Vick struggling to get up. Where're the refs to protect him like other stars.

Kevin

He got hammered. Foles looks pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back