The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically that he was not getting a new deal.

Which makes sense considering his deal was done how he initially wanted it

Man, I hate watching squabbles like that.

Interesting "off the beaten path" Cowboys news from a friend there.

1. We are so concerned about WR and injury plagued WRs that we have been speaking with teams.

2. Tony Romo who last offseason went to a training system and working on his field vision and footwork had the best season of his career. This offseason decided not to do the same type of training until 2 weeks ago and has been seen working on the tests that were given to him a year prior. Since that time, his accuracy and timing have improved in practice. His quote was "I got lazy and thought I had it wrapped up".

3. The Cowboys are so high on their CBs this year with Claiborne and Carr that they believe with in 2 years they might be the most feared duo in the NFL. Claiborne battling injury has been seen doing nothing but studying. Apparently the kid watches as much film as any CB they have seen since Deion Sanders.

4. Demarcus Ware has been telling some that he feels a little slower on his 2nd step. Its still faster than most in the NFL, but his 2nd step has always been what makes him the best in the NFL. We dont see it here on film, but we will track it.

5. Fans are going crazy about the O-Line, but the coaches and team are liking what they are seeing. Injuries are keeping a few guys out, but we expect the line to be quite good this year and on film their blocks are crisp and the penalties are low. Romo has to keep these guys fresh and can help the cause with less hard counts when they are not called for. A notorious "change of pace QB" that calls for the hard count without notifying his line has led to far too many jumps on the line over the last few years and that has apparently been cleared up. Costa is coming back shortly and his condition looks good and Livings might be the surprise of all of practice.

6. This one is what I would call interesting to say the least. All those that expected this to be a 1 RB team and DM to carry the load might be mistaken as a man upstairs still wants to see what FJ has in him and will play a lot of series throughout the season and is still expected to play 3rd downs in many situations. A quote from someone upstairs, "Neither of our RBs can block worth s*** and if that fast guy can at least make something happen, he will play".

JB, for what it's worth, I like what I am seeing here and I think this team is going to surprise a whole lot of people. Injuries will make their mark and if we can skate through unharmed for the most part, I think this team contends.

Interesting "off the beaten path" Cowboys news from a friend there.

That just made my morning

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Im not a football guy by any means, but those words sound like the Cowboys staff are scarily confident in what they have. Sounds like they will destroy some fools this year.

JB is the stuff Romo lapsed on something that he can catch up with quickly?

Wow I am really surprised in the confidence the team seems to have in the O-line. I felt that was something that really needed to be addressed, and wasn't. As for the Mo Claiborne and Carr thing, I say maybe pump the brakes a little bit. I do think, however, in a few years they will be a great duo and this defense has improve VASTLY over last year.

Going off memory which is awful, but didn't they pick up a few OL guys in the offseason?

JB is the stuff Romo lapsed on something that he can catch up with quickly?

Good question and I will give you my opinion because I dont have his or this gentlemans. 3 years ago, you know I was critical of Romo for four things.
1. Happy feet.
2. Tunnel Vision
3. Check down pass too often
4. Head down when things didnt go his way.

He was also a guy that never worked real hard in the off season at "new" things. Instead would do what he needed to do. Apparently the story goes that he had a certain famous WR from the Cowboys get into his face and say "You need to be bigger than you already think you are" and he sought out some new ways to improve. When that happened you will remember that I said I thought he would be a different QB last year and I think he was. His footwork was WAY better and his vision around the field was as good as anybody in the league not named Brady. I guess this year he fell back into his old regimen of watching ESPN all morning and then working out in the afternoon. Rumor has it that some guys got on him about it after the first practice when he complained about a few things and he immediately started to go back to hard training and working on his skills.

I think he will be able to fall into his new game pretty quickly and with continued work will improve more and have the best season he has had to date as a pure QB.

Good question and I will give you my opinion because I dont have his or this gentlemans. 3 years ago, you know I was critical of Romo for four things.
1. Happy feet.
2. Tunnel Vision
3. Check down pass too often
4. Head down when things didnt go his way.

He was also a guy that never worked real hard in the off season at "new" things. Instead would do what he needed to do. Apparently the story goes that he had a certain famous WR from the Cowboys get into his face and say "You need to be bigger than you already think you are" and he sought out some new ways to improve. When that happened you will remember that I said I thought he would be a different QB last year and I think he was. His footwork was WAY better and his vision around the field was as good as anybody in the league not named Brady. I guess this year he fell back into his old regimen of watching ESPN all morning and then working out in the afternoon. Rumor has it that some guys got on him about it after the first practice when he complained about a few things and he immediately started to go back to hard training and working on his skills.

I think he will be able to fall into his new game pretty quickly and with continued work will improve more and have the best season he has had to date as a pure QB.

Oh baby! Romo will be on Team Hawksweat!

Why do you post that stuff about the cowboys? Silly fans get their hopes up.

Going off memory which is awful, but didn't they pick up a few OL guys in the offseason?

Yes but not really any game changers. Phil costa is still the starting center ( if healthy) and that IMO is scary

Why do you post that stuff about the cowboys? Silly fans get their hopes up.

Because you are not allowed to post anything about the Packers without their fans getting a little "butt hurt". :alien:

Yes but not really any game changers. Phil costa is still the starting center ( if healthy) and that IMO is scary
Phil Hunter will be available soon if the Cowboys need some line help!

That was a really good read. I like what I see so far from the CB's too but the O line I'm not sure about it. Hope they're right about that one. Romo is our man so I sure hope he's doing whatever he needs to be doing. Not sure what were getting from our 1 or 2 WR this year.

That was a really good read. I like what I see so far from the CB's too but the O line I'm not sure about it. Hope they're right about that one. Romo is our man so I sure hope he's doing whatever he needs to be doing. Not sure what were getting from our 1 or 2 WR this year.

is it bad that I already miss Laurent Robinson?

Sorta depends if our 1 and 2 WRs actually can play. Plus we need to see if Dez can finally properly run a route

The question this morning on talk radio, about the Cowboys, was related to the QB/RB/WR/WR/TE (Romo, Murray, Dez, Miles, Witten). How many games will all of the them be on the field together. The guesses were 8. There are lots of injuries among those 5. If those 5 are on the field together, the 'boys will be tough to outscore. Defensively, everyone is excited that the DST has a year under their belts with Ryan. And, Ware, Carr and Clairborne are 3 beasts.

MJD's camp already starting to back-pedal a bit now saying they're willing to consider repairing the broken relationship. He ain't getting traded. Trading is tantamount to giving in to his demands, which Kahn has made clear isn't going to happen, and no team is going to give up what the Jags would want in order to make it happen anyway.

As for what the owner said: "Train's leaving the station. Run. Get on it."

Mojo and his agent grossly misjudged the market, the team, the owner, the fans, and the fact that the NFL is all about passing now. Some teams haven't caught on and are still giving out giant contracts to RBs, but that's just luck of the draw. Mojo shouldn't have signed a five year deal when he did. If you want a new deal every couple of years don't sign long-term deals.

Fan sentiment in town is rapidly approaching the point of no return where they could care less if he comes back or not. I haven't burned my jersey yet, but it hasn't come out of the closet so far this season either, and I've done a quick google search for embroiderers in town who can change the name on the back from Jones-Drew to Jones-Who or possibly something else entirely.

As for Mojo/his agent saying how disappointed they are about a private matter being turned into a contentious and public spectacle... um, you made it a public spectacle when you refused to show up for any offseason activities or training camp. Deal with it.

Kinda hard to talk and act tough when you have no leverage MJD...you gambled and lost. Wrath of Khan didn't blink and now you need to get into camp and put up more numbers so maybe they'll redo your contract after the season

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Kinda hard to talk and act tough when you have no leverage MJD...you gambled and lost. Wrath of Khan didn't blink and now you need to get into camp and put up more numbers so maybe they'll redo your contract after the season

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Exactly. And I have zero doubt that if he hadn't have pulled this stunt that the team would have given him an extension next offseason anyway of their own free will. The team has a lot of core players in the final year of their deals that need to be given new contracts and all of that current cap space is going to go away very fast - can't use it all up ahead of time giving MJD a new deal before he "needed" one (needed according to salary cap management).

is it bad that I already miss Laurent Robinson?

No, I think Jerry Jones really blew it by letting him go....I mean this guy came outa nowhere last year and with him as #3 they have to respect every WR on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back