The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think Jerry Jones really blew it by letting him go....I mean this guy came outa nowhere last year and with him as #3 they have to respect every WR on the field.

I'll bet a shiny new nickel Laurent Robinson returns to his old self this year without Romo.

I'll bet a shiny new nickel Laurent Robinson returns to his old self this year without Romo.
I have a feeling Gabbert will have a lot to do with that!

Should be interesting to see what Laurent does. I am interested to see how Garçon does in Washington from the sound of it him and RGIII have been building a good relationship. Hope he can hold into the ball I know he dropped more than a few for the Colts!!

The Cowboys will be fine. Didn't you guys read that thing JB posted this morning?

Yeah Gabbert is no Romo and Jacksonville doesnt have all the other talent to draw coverages....Robinson had a career year last year....he went from just over 300 yards and 2 TD's in 2010 to close to 900 yards and 11 TD's in 2011...damn near pro bowl numbers.

The Cowboys will be fine. Didn't you guys read that thing JB posted this morning?

I don't know, man. I was discussing the Cowboys on The Facebook with a friend of mine I think knows his stuff. He thinks, and I agree, they will be average.

Kevin

I don't know, man. I was discussing the Cowboys on The Facebook with a friend of mine I think knows his stuff. He thinks, and I agree, they will be average.

Kevin

I think they'll win 10 games.

Trust in Romo.....it's time.

BTW...heard from Babe Laufenberg today that Romo has the best 4th quarter QB rating of all active QB's. Crazy to think.

BTW...heard from Babe Laufenberg today that Romo has the best 4th quarter QB rating of all active QB's. Crazy to think.

The media would have you think he is the reason they don't win. Tough to be great when your getting sacked all the time and your D is Swiss cheese

Stats are just that. Stats. You can find one to make any argument either way.

Robinsons numbers will surely drop in Jacksonville. Improved Gabbert or not the Jaguars run a much more run-oriented offense than Dallas and the passing scheme is designed more to get the ball out quickly than to take a lot of shots down field. Robinson is our deep speed guy so he will get fewer looks in our offense than he would in one designed to try to get big chunks of yardage on a regular basis. Robinson's main role is to keep the defense honest and clear our the underneath for Marcedes Lewis and Justin Blackmon. The stats won't look as good as in Dallas last season, but it won't necessarily mean it is because he isn't playing as well or even better - sometimes it is just the design of the scheme.

Robinsons numbers will surely drop in Jacksonville. Improved Gabbert or not the Jaguars run a much more run-oriented offense than Dallas and the passing scheme is designed more to get the ball out quickly than to take a lot of shots down field. Robinson is our deep speed guy so he will get fewer looks in our offense than he would in one designed to try to get big chunks of yardage on a regular basis. Robinson's main role is to keep the defense honest and clear our the underneath for Marcedes Lewis and Justin Blackmon. The stats won't look as good as in Dallas last season, but it won't necessarily mean it is because he isn't playing as well or even better - sometimes it is just the design of the scheme.

And the huge disparity in skill level between Romo and Gabbert is going to be a difference

Jason Witten:

DFW has 3 main sports radio stations. When one hits commercial, I change to the next one. This mornings station changes allowed me to hear 3 different versions of the Witten Spleen injury. Perfect timing.

Station 1: Looks like Witten will be ready by game 2. But, he's still trying to make it back for game 1.
Station 2: Just heard that the doctor has not told Witten that he will not have surgery. (Read this one again, slow)
Station 3: Sounds like Witten is going to have that surgery on his spleen.

Jason Witten:

DFW has 3 main sports radio stations. When one hits commercial, I change to the next one. This mornings station changes allowed me to hear 3 different versions of the Witten Spleen injury. Perfect timing.

Station 1: Looks like Witten will be ready by game 2. But, he's still trying to make it back for game 1.
Station 2: Just heard that the doctor has not told Witten that he will not have surgery. (Read this one again, slow)

Is the Ticker station 1? This is what I listen to at work all day and I havent heard anything about him having surgery

Jason Witten:

Well that clears it up haha

Stats are just that. Stats. You can find one to make any argument either way.
I know, but it makes me feel better as a Romo fan. I don't want to hear the other argument.............:bashful:

Is the Ticker station 1? This is what I listen to at work all day and I havent heard anything about him having surgery

I believe so.
I can't remember what station said what. I just remember the 3 different viewpoints. I think Station 2 was Spagnola's report. Is that 'The Fan'?
So, Station 3 would've been Mike & Mike and whoever they had summarizing team reports.

I believe so.
I can't remember what station said what. I just remember the 3 different viewpoints. I think Station 2 was Spagnola's report. Is that 'The Fan'?
So, Station 3 would've been Mike & Mike and whoever they had summarizing team reports.

I believe that would be "The Fan" The ticket is really the only station I listen to. Regardless, I think we will only know with more time.

The CedBen era has begun in Green Bay. Going to be nice to have another elite RB to replace Grant. Still in the first quarter and the Packers already have two rushing TDs.

That Rodgers can scamper when he gets in the open field.

Kevin

I wonder if Crazy Jim Irsay's tweets actually mean something significant tonight.

Terrance Newman just picked off Rodgers. The Cowboys probably regret letting him go.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back