The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the similarities. Of course, the Texans logo is sooo much better than the Patriots logo:alien:

Personally, I think the Texans will get rolled this week. Seeing the way Aaron Rodgers picked them apart does not have me optimistic to face Tom Brady.

Heck, Chad Henne picked them apart a few weeks ago.

Of course the Jets are going to start Mark they want to give the Jags an up close view of their quaterback for next year. It's a good good situation.

I'd rather have Gabbert than Sanchez. At least Gabbert almost never has games with multiple picks. Aside from that there isn't a ton of difference except Sanchez has had longer to prove he doesn't have "it". At this point, small though it may be, I'd say Gabbert still has more "up side" for the long-term than Sanchez (Gabbert only aged 23 vs 26, has started fewer games in both college or pros, so it is still possible he may get better.)

Touchdown ------RAIDERS !!!!!!

On that last drive, D. Moore caught a pass across the middle and fell down and rolled forward, got confused and wasnt touched down, so he got up and ran the wrong way before tackled again. Broncos should have let him keep going.

Surprised its this close

Good job by the Raiders D to only hold them to 3

trump.jpg
palmer.jpg

How did you feel after typing that? :alien:

Haha. That's pretty good. I will say that Palmer has done a little bit of a better job this year than I thought he would have, but clearly he is not the future. Maybe he is just the king of average quarterbacks (at least since Gannon) in Oakland.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...dallas-cowboys-crash-20121208,0,6736412.story

Cowboys' Brent charged after former Illiini teammate Brown dies in crash

Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent was arrested and charged with manslaughter on Saturday after practice squad linebacker Jerry Brown Jr. was killed in the crash of a car driven by Brent, police said. Both formerly played at Illinois. Police in the Dallas suburb of Irving said that Brent, 24, was driving at a high speed on a state highway at 2:21 a.m. when the car slammed into an "outside curb, causing the vehicle to flip at least one time before coming to rest in the middle of the service road."

Brown, 25, who was in the passenger seat, was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital a short time later. He was a linebacker on the professional team's practice squad.

16x9

Dallas Cowboys player Joshua
Price-Brent in a booking photo
supplied by the Irving Police
Department

Brent, referred to in the police report as Joshua Price-Brent, failed a sobriety test and was booked into Irving jail charged with manslaughter for driving while intoxicated. He had emerged as a starter for the Cowboys this year after Jay Ratliff, the team's starting defensive tackle, suffered injuries.

"We are deeply saddened by the news of this accident and the passing of Jerry Brown," team owner Jerry Jones said in a statement. "At this time, our hearts and prayers and deepest sympathies are with the members of Jerry's family and all of those who knew him and loved him."

Brent and Brown were teammates at Illinois from 2007-09 under then-coach Ron Zook. Brent was suspended in 2009 after a DUI arrest. An Illinois spokesman issued this statement: "This is a tragic story. Our thoughts and condolences go out to the Brown family."

Illinois coach Tim Beckman tweeted: "Sad News for the illini family today. Jerry Brown, former illini and current NFL player has passed away. Keep him in your prayers."

Former teammate Arrelious Benn tweeted: "Prayers go out to the family of my former classmate, teammate Former Illini Jerry Brown. RIP. #Illini"

Yeah I was waiting for that smalls. Damn

Is it wrong that I don't really care about the NFL nearly as much as college? As long as the Cowboys suck I'm happy with any NFL season.

Not at all man. Just like I don't care about college ball as much as the NFL. Probably has a lot to do with who you grew up liking (team wise)

Not at all man. Just like I don't care about college ball as much as the NFL. Probably has a lot to do with who you grew up liking (team wise)

I just don't know a whole lot of people that prefer college to NFL. I just get excited about the tradition, ceremony, and fanfare of college ball way more.

They seem to play harder and with more conviction than a lot of the NFL guys.

To each their own though.

I agree with the playing harder part. The part I like about NFL is the ability to know players on your team more than a few years but for some that is what makes it fun is they enjoy following recruits and whatnot.

Agreed, I grew up in Nebraska and no one was an NFL fan so I created that follow on my own!

Agreed, I grew up in Nebraska and no one was an NFL fan so I created that follow on my own!

Icey, I'm gonna throw up some pictures of our tailgate party tomorrow in Buffalo. I know you were asking a few weeks ago to see some. No better place for tailgating then in Buffalo. Green Bay is a close 2nd. :alien:

Icey, I'm gonna throw up some pictures of our tailgate party tomorrow in Buffalo. I know you were asking a few weeks ago to see some. No better place for tailgating then in Buffalo. Green Bay is a close 2nd. :alien:

Awesome, thanks, I can't wait to see them.

Browns v Chiefs, may the worse team lose.

Browns v Chiefs, may the worse team lose.

NFL.com has the Chiefs at the bottom of the league standings, so hopefully it's the Browns. And a Jacksonville win should help out too for #1 draft pick. We'll probably find a way to screw that up too.

e3edagy5.jpg

mevu5ypy.jpg

ege7yry5.jpg

evety8yt.jpg

Just a little taste of our party today. Best tailgating in the NFL. Hands down.

Dayumn I wanna be at that party!

Labatt Blue!

Charles with a huge TD run in the first play from scrimmage to give KC the early lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back