The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Garcon kid might be a player after all. Somewhere, INGolfer is smiling.

So it seems Belcher shot his girlfriend NINE times, according to CNN.

That's NINE, not once. Anyone think this guy wasn't a colossal DB?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/report-belcher-shot-girlfriend-nine-times/related/

I think this is a lot like the Chis Benoit situation. Just so many question's. A tragedy for both families. My heart goes out to them and to the family of the Browns ground keeper.

Has Fletcher had one of the better carriers that no know's about. He just keeps going and seems to do it with so much class.

Nice attempted flop by the punter

Rumors floating around this morning about Andy Reid keeping his job, I just don't see how that happens!

Dear Washington,

Thank you for doing what we seem to not be able to do lately to the Giants

Sincerly,

Tony

Dear Washington,

Sincerly,

Tony

Didn't you guys go 1-1 this year against them?

JJ,
What do you think about your boys next game? Solid front 4 against the O-Line.

JJ,
What do you think about your boys next game? Solid front 4 against the O-Line.

Well they seem to struggle offensively against the Lions in recent years (minus the #FlynnSiting last year) but usually they can afford a lower scoring game since the D tends to come up with big plays. Of course with their recent record against the Lions and being at home, I think they will be fine. I wouldn't go as far as say they will cover the spread (+7) though. Could easily see a 24-20 score.

The Packer's worst case scenario to go against offensively is a solid front 4 (Cue NYG) and any time you have that they will tend to struggle. i guess the way to stop it is to establish the run, and we can't seem to do that..

Well they seem to struggle offensively against the Lions in recent years (minus the #FlynnSiting last year) but usually they can afford a lower scoring game since the D tends to come up with big plays. Of course with their recent record against the Lions and being at home, I think they will be fine. I wouldn't go as far as say they will cover the spread (+7) though. Could easily see a 24-20 score.

The Packer's worst case scenario to go against offensively is a solid front 4 (Cue NYG) and any time you have that they will tend to struggle. i guess the way to stop it is to establish the run, and we can't seem to do that..

You ahve to try it to establish one right? hehe
I worry that Suh and company have a field day, but I think Green Bay is prepared for this one. Stopping Megatron might be a task based on his last few games though.

Dear Washington,

Sincerly,

Tony

As a die hard Skins fan, your welcome. Beat the boy's, eagles and giants in the past 3 weeks. If we could get a secondary and another stud on the D line we would be good.

As a die hard Skins fan, your welcome. Beat the boy's, eagles and giants in the past 3 weeks. If we could get a secondary and another stud on the D line we would be good.
That 12/30 game in Washington could get interesting.............

You ahve to try it to establish one right? hehe
I worry that Suh and company have a field day, but I think Green Bay is prepared for this one. Stopping Megatron might be a task based on his last few games though.

Megatron will get his yards and The D-Line will get their sacks.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the NFC North win streak and hope it continues Sunday.

Dear Washington,

Sincerly,

Tony

That's funny....oh...wait, I'm a Giants fan!

I know that I'm probably the only one in this thread that cares about it, but the Dolphins put Jake Long in IR today with a torn triceps. He was the #1 pick overall in 2008, but has been injury-prone recently. He's a free agent this offseason, he could have played his last game in a Dolphins uniform. If he leaves Miami, I imagine he'll have a bunch of teams with holes at LT that will be interested in him.

I know that I'm probably the only one in this thread that cares about it, but the Dolphins put Jake Long in IR today with a torn triceps. He was the #1 pick overall in 2008, but has been injury-prone recently. He's a free agent this offseason, he could have played his last game in a Dolphins uniform. If he leaves Miami, I imagine he'll have a bunch of teams with holes at LT that will be interested in him.
As a fan:
1. do you think there is any chance he is re-signed?
2. do you want him re-signed for the $$ it will cost?

Brandon Albert, LT for the Chiefs is a free agent after this season as well. He isn't a top 3 guy but he has improved every year. I hope we get him locked up but there is so many moving parts that I can't even speculate if he stays.

This injury might kill the guy. I dont mean literally, but this was a season that he needed to stay healthy for the huge contract. There will be teams lined up, but his health is going to haunt them.

As a fan:
1. do you think there is any chance he is re-signed?
2. do you want him re-signed for the $$ it will cost?

Brandon Albert, LT for the Chiefs is a free agent after this season as well. He isn't a top 3 guy but he has improved every year. I hope we get him locked up but there is so many moving parts that I can't even speculate if he stays.

Any chance? Sure, there's a chance, but it's going to be interesting to see how much money he gets offered. This is the second straight year that he's had his season cut short by injuries. It would have been easier to predict his value on the market if he had a great year this year and stayed healthy, but this complicates things.

One silver lining: Dolphins drafted a guy that played RT all year this year, but played LT in college. He gets 4 games as an audition at LT at the end of the season, may make the decision to keep Long or let him walk a bit easier.

I like that JJ is now the Packer fan that gets asked the questions.

JB, any chance Alex Green or James Starks gets the "elite" tag this year.

I like that JJ is now the Packer fan that gets asked the questions.

JB, any chance Alex Green or James Starks gets the "elite" tag this year.

That will always be Ryan Grant dude...:D

Depends who has the big game in the playoffs. :D

FWIW (healthy) Starks>Green.

Rumors floating around this morning about Andy Reid keeping his job, I just don't see how that happens!
I am at a loss over all this crap. If Laurie thinks firing a few assistants and cutting a few players will solve all the problems then he is a bigger idiot than I thought. Reid has lost the team and city, sometimes you just need to move on and this is one of these times. Laurie said 8-8 is not good so stick to your word and fire the man!

I am at a loss over all this crap. If Laurie thinks firing a few assistants and cutting a few players will solve all the problems then he is a bigger idiot than I thought. Reid has lost the team and city, sometimes you just need to move on and this is one of these times. Laurie said 8-8 is not good so stick to your word and fire the man!

I can believe that it would be a good move for philly but I have no doubt that Reid will be hired in a heartbeat by someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back