The Official 2024 NFL Thread

Fields has less value than Howell and Pickett???
Fields is going to spend the year on the bench learning from Russell Wilson???

This seems like Bizarro World stuff.

Steelers just stole Fields.
Or the Bears gave him away. :LOL: Wasn’t much of a market for his services if that’s the return.

Steelers have 7 first round picks on their roster. Three were drafted by other teams. Two weeks ago they had 8 first rounders, three from other teams.

What does it mean? First rounders tend to get multiple chances, I guess.

Fields has less value than Howell and Pickett???
Fields is going to spend the year on the bench learning from Russell Wilson???

This seems like Bizarro World stuff.
Steelers needed to hedge their bets in case Russell plays like Russell. 50/50 chance Fields is QB1 before mid-season.

It's funny that the Steelers got more for Pickett than the Bears did for Fields.

Good luck Chicago or whoever drafts this clown

1710642483832.png

Good luck Chicago or whoever drafts this clown

View attachment 9249401
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Just watching ESPN, post-ACC Championship (STATE!!!). Anyway, they said that a certain team with an established starter offered better compensation for Fields. But they had equal intent, compensation and to do right by Fields because he had done all they they asked in trying to improve and win. So, they declined that offer because their thinking was that Pittsburgh offered Fields the best opportunity.

That would be highly unorthodox, and I'm sure any difference in compensation wasn't too great. But that said, if true, I would respect the Bears greatly for seeking to do best for a player who gave his all for them.

Just watching ESPN, post-ACC Championship (STATE!!!). Anyway, they said that a certain team with an established starter offered better compensation for Fields. But they had equal intent, compensation and to do right by Fields because he had done all they they asked in trying to improve and win. So, they declined that offer because their thinking was that Pittsburgh offered Fields the best opportunity.

That would be highly unorthodox, and I'm sure any difference in compensation wasn't too great. But that said, if true, I would respect the Bears greatly for seeking to do best for a player who gave his all for them.
That's not altruistic on the Bears part though. If it was truly equal compensation, meaning if Fields gets playing time the Bears gets a better pick, then it makes better business sense to send him to the place you'll think he'll see more playing time.

I mean, they even waited until Chicago died the river green and all their fans were distracted and drunk for St. Patrick's Day festivities to make a move.

That's not altruistic on the Bears part though. If it was truly equal compensation, meaning if Fields gets playing time the Bears gets a better pick, then it makes better business sense to send him to the place you'll think he'll see more playing time.

I mean, they even waited until Chicago died the river green and all their fans were distracted and drunk for St. Patrick's Day festivities to make a move.
And traded him out of conference

The Steelers plan for him to sit for a full year behind Wilson. Thatt is a better situation for Fields?? The story seems implausible.

I always liked Rus. Always thought he got everything he could out of that little body. But he is used goods now and if Fields can't beat him out for a starting gig, that says all you need to know about fields.

As a Bears and Justin Fields fan, I’m sorry to see him go. My question is how many teams would get rid of their current starting quarterback and take Caleb Williams if they had the opportunity? I’d guess 3/4 of the teams out there would do the same thing. Over the years, the Bears have passed on drafting several future Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Nobody knows for sure if Williams will be the next superstar, but the opportunity to draft someone of his caliber doesn’t come around very often. If they kept Fields, and he still holds the ball too long, continues to fumble and throw picks at the worst time, they’d be kicking themselves for once again passing on a franchise quarterback.

Last edited:
As a Bears and Justin Fields fan, I’m sorry to see him go. My question is how many teams would get rid of their current starting quarterback and take Caleb Williams if they had the opportunity? I’d guess 3/4 of the teams out there would do the same thing. Over the years, the Bears have passed on drafting future several Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Nobody knows for sure if Williams will be the next superstar, but the opportunity to draft someone of his caliber doesn’t come around very often. If they kept Fields, and he still holds the ball too long, continues to fumble and throw picks at the worst time, they’ll be kicking themselves for once again passing on a franchise quarterback.
3/4 is high but I get what you're saying

The Steelers plan for him to sit for a full year behind Wilson. Thatt is a better situation for Fields?? The story seems implausible.
If we assume for a moment that the other team was Philly (because Philly said that they reached out to Pittsburgh prior to the Pickett deal and Pittsburgh allegedly said they had a better offer from a team with an entrenched starter). Then, yeah, I'd have to say the prospects of sitting behind Wilson for a season vs behind Hurts for as long as Fields is there, is a better situation. One offers a much clearer path to be the guy in the near future vs the other.

Looks like ill be up until midnight waiting IMG_5751.jpeg for something to happen i mean Florio said so.

Njoku might be overtaking Nick Chubb as my favorite Browns player....🤣🤣🤣

So the weekend came and went and Steffon Diggs is still a Buffalo Bill despite Mike Florio saying something was about to happen this past weekend. Apparently his new narrative is that something will happen post draft in the form of a trade around June 1st. This guy just wont stop.
IMG_5754.jpeg

Netflix continuing with great sports programming

I really want to see the Diva mentality off the field as well. :ROFLMAO:
I want to see behind the scenes of Adams and the Taco Bell commercials

Back