The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, that stuff came out when I was in ninth grade. I remember scoring a six packs off of bums and going into the hills to drink it. Nothing more manlier then three teenage guys sharing a six pack of Zima.

Im pretty sure even the smirnoff wouldnt help make Zima taste better. I still see 22s of it at the stores. Who drinks that stuff?

Umm, seriously, throw a jolly rancher in one then see if you'll make fun.

Haha, that stuff came out when I was in ninth grade. I remember scoring a six packs off of bums and going into the hills to drink it. Nothing more manlier then three teenage guys sharing a six pack of Zima.

Im pretty sure even the smirnoff wouldnt help make Zima taste better. I still see 22s of it at the stores. Who drinks that stuff?

Suburban private high school gangstas?

Kevin

I have a new favorite drink. Those little 10 oz apple Juices are damn good! 24 of them for 10 bucks, I have been drinking 2-3 a day here lately.

Umm, seriously, throw a jolly rancher in one then see if you'll make fun.
I am a sensitive man but come on. Jolly Ranchers were for gleeking. I keep my Zima real.

Suburban private high school gangstas?

Kevin

More white trash. I grew up with these mountains a block away. Think of all of the trouble you could get into. It was like a bad Baywatch episode waiting to happen. " Hobey drank too much Zima and fell off a cliff".
images

i have yet to go to panera and they are every where
and isnt zima the same as drinking an o'douls?

I love Panera. Liz and I go all the time when were traveling. The half sandwich w/ bowl of soup, yummm. Keep the zima!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Life is just too short to get mad and angry at people. The people on my vanpool are just strange. One of the ladies mumbled that she had to listen to my voice the entire ride home. Oh I'm sorry that we're allowed to talk :nono: there's just no pleasing everyone and some people are just never happy at all. That's very unfortunate!!

Life is just too short to get mad and angry at people. The people on my vanpool are just strange. One of the ladies mumbled that she had to listen to my voice the entire ride home. Oh I'm sorry that we're allowed to talk :nono: there's just no pleasing everyone and some people are just never happy at all. That's very unfortunate!!

are these ppl you work with? man thats so rude

Ellie is ready for her Saturday.

ad415588-1873-fdf3.jpg

Ellie is ready for her Saturday.

ad415588-1873-fdf3.jpg

Ellie looks bigger in that picture than I remember from others. How old is she now? Come on dad, you promised, lol.

I'M in golf heaven today. Huge demo day here Naples!

Oh, mashie truly is love. If I wasn't a fat outta shape smoker I most certainly would try making a break for the truck, I love this club.

It doesnt get much better then today for a sports fan. Football all day and then finish it up with the World Series or Steelers/Saints.

today was such a bizarre day... even for a halloween

I'm on my way for an exciting week in Lincoln, Nebraska! woohoo!

Last week of coaching football...likely forever. Strange feeling, not sure what to think about it, excited but not. Football had been a part of my life as a player and then coach for 18 consecutive years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on my way for an exciting week in Lincoln, Nebraska! woohoo!
for some reason... the word exciting and lincoln doesnt jive... hahhaa
Last week of coaching football...likely forever. Strange feeling, not sure what to think about it, excited but not. Football had been a part of my life as a player and then coach for 18 consecutive years.

is there a reason its forever? i mean not even pop warner or anything?

Your welcome
[YOUTUBE]Oa-kJrgzEb4&sns[/YOUTUBE]

Why forever? At least you will have free time to golf more now lol

Looks like you finally found the entertainment for your wedding......I'll be looking forward to my invitation in the mail.
Your welcome
[YOUTUBE]Oa-kJrgzEb4&sns[/YOUTUBE]

for some reason... the word exciting and lincoln doesnt jive... hahhaa

is there a reason its forever? i mean not even pop warner or anything?

Why forever? At least you will have free time to golf more now lol

I've actually spoken with Spank at length on this, he's been a great listnener (who woulda thought you'd find such good acquantences on a golf forum that you've never even met but feel like you know!) but here's the jest of it.

Current and future generations of kids are terrible. This is coming form a coaching standopint, they have no work ethic, often don't even watch the game on TV, and if its hard then its like you asked them to break the law. I'm not that far removed (27) but the changes are scary. Even the transformation from me being a Grad Assistant at 19/20 to now are scary. The apathy of today's youth and the parents who want to be best friends and not parents is insane. Football has been my love and driving force for a very long time, but all of this has caused me to actually have a distain for the game, and thats not good, so its time to walk away.

I cannot blame it all on that though, lets say 80%. The rest is the fact that my wife is about to start the crazy hectic part of med school (residency) and we are to the point of wanting a little one too. My football coaching schedule does not work well with that, teaching yes, football no. The average game week is...

Sat. - Film breakdown 8AM - 2PM
Sun. - Gameplan 2PM - 10PM
Mon. - FR Practice 7AM - 9AM, Practice 2PM - 6PM, JV Game 7PM-10PM
Tue. - FR Practice 7AM - 9AM, Practice 2PM - 6PM, Team Night 7PM - 9PM
Thu. - Practice 2PM 4:30PM, FR Game 7PM-9:30PM
Fri. - Gameday 7:30PM - 10PM, Film Breakdown 11PM - 1AM

Then, wash, rince, repeat lol.

Add to it Summer Pride 2 sessions a day for 8 weeks in the Summer...and you have major causes for burnout. More time goes in than the dumb fans in the stands can ever truly grasp despite their know-it-all yelling at the top of their lungs to "tell em' to block somebody coach!"

As far as the youth coaching thing, if I don't get back in in HS, I'll never coach football again. No offense meatn if any of you are youth coaches, but thats where all the bad habits for the "athletes" begin...and they are hard as hell to break them of! lol (i.e. as an O-Line coach it takes YEARS to break kids of blocking with their forearms...aka their 'flippers').

SOrry to rant guys, its good to talk about it though. Lord knows the wife is tired of hearing about it.

Wow thats a crazy amount of time. Yall have games on different days then we do here in Texas.

This is what it used to be like for when I was in highschool

(players only)

Monday- Lifting 6:30am-7:20am Film for 20 minutes after /Practice 3:30pm-5:45pm (go over what the opposing team runs, shorts, shoulder pads)

Tuesday- Lifting 6:30am-7:20am Film for 20 minutes after/ Practice 3:30pm-5:45pm (full pads practice)

Wednesday- Lifting 6:30am-7:20am Film for 20 minutes after/ Practice 3:30pm-5:45pm (full pads practice)

Thursday- Practice 3:30pm-4:30pm (light practice going over things/special teams) Freshman Game 5pm then JV game after

Friday- Game day Pep rally 2:30pm. Team meal 3:30. Pre game warm up on the field for qbs/rb/wrs 5:15-5:45 Full team warm up(stretch, go over plays,etc) 6:15-6:45. 7:00 Head coach pre game speech, say team prayer 7:15 stretch a little more, run out of field at 7:20, 7:25 coin flip, national anthem, then 7:30 game time.

Sat.- 10am-11am lifting/running get soreness out. 11:15-12 watch game film
Sunday- off day

Now I know the coaches put in more hours than we used to but we put in a ton of hours each week, I would get home around 630-730pm sometimes later. Eat/shower watch about 30 minutes of TV, talk to the girlfriend then I was out by 9:30-10 then do it all again the next day.

During the summer we had a workout camp that was 6-8 weeks long form 10am-12 Monday-thursday. A lot of dedication from the coaches for sure. I agree about the parents, my mom was in the stands, my dad was on the sidelines helping keep stats during the games. I always told my mom to not yell at the coaches or talk about me like I was the king, I hated that. I knew my dad wouldnt say anything but we all know how moms get we there little baby isn't getting the ball or sitting on the sidelines. There were a few like that and I always wanted to say, well if he knew how to play football and wasnt such a panzy then he might get to play. lol
I look at it as: You put the best players on the field no matter what to win, if your kid isnt tough enough/good enough then tough sh!t. If we're getting blown out or something like that then yes put them in but when we're trying to win a game you dont put a kid in that doesnt know what to do. A lot of parents play the Monday morning QB about what the coaches should have done, and I know me as a player did it a few times, but keep it to yourself and just go with it.

I will talk highschool football all day with you if you want to haha
But I hope everything works out for you!

man i totally feel you on the poor parenting and state of kids these days(see my rant on the prostitot that trick or treated in my neighborhood)

maybe you should switch sports and become a pga teaching pro... its usually a very different demographic of kid that wants to learn how to play golf than most of the kids that wanna play football

Thanks guys. I did consider that Russ, seriously have considered that...that and turf management. But, those will have to wait one more year when my wifes residency starts and she's making a paycheck as a student thats bigger than my teaching one from the get go! lol

I don't want to paint it all bad though, the kids you get to make it better. That, and I love teaching, I truly love it. Tough stuff and hard decisions to come. I'm sure I'll be pouring it all out to my online community buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back