The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur, it has my two least favorite people, Stiller and Ferrell.

Stiller I can do without.

Old Farrell (Anchor man and back) I love. Give me him on SNL as Trebeck in the Jeopardy skits any time. Hilarity.

After that one video someone pulled up for you, I'm really looking forward to seeing a balloon shark follow you around wherever you go. Anything less and I'll be very disappointed.

Man I totally put that on my want list. can you imagine sticking a flip cam on that sucker and flying it around the course at the outting or even the MC if I get in? Talk about some kick-azz aerial views of the event.

Stiller I can do without.

Old Farrell (Anchor man and back) I love. Give me him on SNL as Trebeck in the Jeopardy skits any time. Hilarity.

Yeah I can do that. He lost me about midway through talladega nights, and the east bound and down stuff was just dumb.

I actually really like Will Farrell, even some of his newer stuff...well as new as Old School and Talladega Nights and even Blades of Glory was pretty funny.

Man I totally put that on my want list. can you imagine sticking a flip cam on that sucker and flying it around the course at the outting or even the MC if I get in? Talk about some kick-azz aerial views of the event.

It would be gold. Just think of sneaking up on people with that thing and dive bombing them with it.

It would be gold. Just think of sneaking up on people with that thing and dive bombing them with it.

My son is getting one for Christmas. It may just need to make some trips with me next year.

Tappin' from my iPad!

A fourth principal, Mario Fernandez, called the evaluation process a product of “ludicrous, shallow thinking. They’re expecting a tornado to go through a junkyard and have a brand new Mercedes pop up.”

Thanks for posting that Jman. Like the person who took the test, I was told I wasnt college material and placed in the "tech" track. Yeah we had college track and tech tracks when I was in school, advisors catered your class selections to the appropriate one for your skill set. Well after busting my azz in a factory for a few years I realized that wasn't what I was put on this earth to do. So off to college I went, and I excelled.

You can't pigeon hole the mind, it'll break sterotypes and generalizations every time. Now I'm the first person in my family to have a 4 year degree, wrapping up my masters, and starting my own business.

Heck yeah, "oh you've got a putt to win the match, well check this out!"

Plus if dirtydawg makes it in this year we can fly some snickers and a mt. dew out to him.

My son is getting one for Christmas. It may just need to make some trips with me next year.
Tappin' from my iPad!

Dont be teasing!

I've never seen Zoolander and after that clip I don't think I'll be seeing it anytime soon.

Zoolander = stupid cult classic

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I concur, it has my two least favorite people, Stiller and Ferrell.

I concur on stiller! Ferrell can be a bit over top too but sometimes i find him extremely funny!

Thanks for posting that Jman. Like the person who took the test, I was told I wasnt college material and placed in the "tech" track. Yeah we had college track and tech tracks when I was in school, advisors catered your class selections to the appropriate one for your skill set. Well after busting my azz in a factory for a few years I realized that wasn't what I was put on this earth to do. So off to college I went, and I excelled.

You can't pigeon hole the mind, it'll break sterotypes and generalizations every time. Now I'm the first person in my family to have a 4 year degree, wrapping up my masters, and starting my own business.

See, that's a prime example of what I hate about our system. Some kids CANNOT take tests, so we are going to judge them by that AND judge their teachers a "bad educators" because of their score. Its quite saddening, really makes me want to go get my masters and doctorate in education to try and make a difference, but I know it won't help. This is the path we are on.

Kudos to you SW and thanks for sharing that, that is awesome my friend.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Heck yeah, "oh you've got a putt to win the match, well check this out!"

Plus if dirtydawg makes it in this year we can fly some snickers and a mt. dew out to him.

Dont be teasing!

Cookie, please please please be attending the Outing (skim alert) and bring that thing. The amount of stupidity/awesomeness that could happen would be fantastic. Think of all the stuff we could dangle over CL's head

Cookie, please please please be attending the Outing (skim alert) and bring that thing. The amount of stupidity/awesomeness that could happen would be fantastic. Think of all the stuff we could dangle over CL's head

You got it. Yes, I am attending the outing.

Tappin' from my iPad!

See, that's a prime example of what I hate about our system. Some kids CANNOT take tests, so we are going to judge them by that AND judge their teachers a "bad educators" because of their score. Its quite saddening, really makes me want to go get my masters and doctorate in education to try and make a difference, but I know it won't help. This is the path we are on.

Kudos to you SW and thanks for sharing that, that is awesome my friend.

Thanks!

What's worse is that kids aren't being taught to learn anymore. They're being taught to take test, or in some cases being taught thetest, that will be the death of the american experiment in my opinion. No longer will people be thinkers, they'll be reactors. So little Jack can't take a test and meet some arbitrary level of performance, but he can sit in class and lead a discussion on the same topic. Yeah give me that kid anyday over somone who is good at rote memorization of material.

Tappin' from my iPad!

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST OUTING EVER! I thought you were but not gonna lie, I didn't want to wade through the outing participant thread. We promise not to pop it or ruin it. It might have a SW sign taped to it though so it can hover behind him like the avatar does hahahaha

Tappin' from my iPad!

Awesome!! My excitement level just went up a notch.

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST OUTING EVER! I thought you were but not gonna lie, I didn't want to wade through the outing participant thread. We promise not to pop it or ruin it. It might have a SW sign taped to it though so it can hover behind him like the avatar does hahahaha

I like the way you think.

Thanks!

What's worse is that kids aren't being taught to learn anymore. They're being taught to take test, or in some cases being taught thetest, that will be the death of the american experiment in my opinion. No longer will people be thinkers, they'll be reactors. So little Jack can't take a test and meet some arbitrary level of performance, but he can sit in class and lead a discussion on the same topic. Yeah give me that kid anyday over somone who is good at rote memorization of material.

Its all cases now. As a teacher, you teach the test because it reflects on you, its terrible. Events are skipped over because they aren't on the test or there is only one or two questions (i.e. World History spending two days on WWII, TWO DAYS?!?!?). I hate it with a passion.

I just heard a joke, I laughed, but all I can say is "wow, really?"

"If Tim Tebow is thinking, is it called a Christian Ponder?"

Its all cases now. As a teacher, you teach the test because it reflects on you, its terrible. Events are skipped over because they aren't on the test or there is only one or two questions (i.e. World History spending two days on WWII, TWO DAYS?!?!?). I hate it with a passion.

Speaking of WWII, I have had so many questions today about why our flag is at half-staff. Read a book people!

LMAO. You've never seen Jebus and Tebow in the same place have you?

Speaking of WWII, I have had so many questions today about why our flag is at half-staff. Read a book people!

LMAO. You've never seen Jebus and Tebow in the same place have you?
No, but I have seen this...
Spoiler
66155521.jpg

LOL it is kind of funny. But if i tell that to my gf she'll just look at me in that "I dont get it" kind of way.

LOL it is kind of funny. But if i tell that to my gf she'll just look at me in that "I dont get it" kind of way.
Yeah, you have to tell it to the right people. Most everyone in Florida would get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back