The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, where I live Cable is so much better than Satellite tv its silly. I love my cable internet, and wont be switching any time soon.

This for me too. Our cable is fine and I've heard some complaints from satellite customers around here. Weird.

I've been with DirecTv for over 3 years now and cannot imagine going back to Charter Cable.

Here's the problem I have with Directv and most service providers, you have to leave and come back to get the latest and best equipment. When I left Directv I was pretty frustrated with their equipment and all the issues I was having with it. I leave and come back. Now I've got new super small standard HDTV boxes and HDDVR that works all over the house. All the problems are gone now and Im happy.

Here's the problem I have with Directv and most service providers, you have to leave and come back to get the latest and best equipment. When I left Directv I was pretty frustrated with their equipment and all the issues I was having with it. I leave and come back. Now I've super small standard HDTV boxes and HDDVR that works all over the house. All the problems are gone now and Im happy.
All of those places treat new customers better than existing customers. It's an interesting way to do business.

Interesting, where I live Cable is so much better than Satellite tv its silly. I love my cable internet, and wont be switching any time soon.

Im talking television not internet. I love my cable internet too. But the TV picture was awful and the TV service as a whole was lagging. Directv just upgraded their guide to HD and its beautiful. I like seeing updates and progress. Directv is always doing updates where Comcast guide and services looked like they did 10 years ago.

Im talking television not internet. I love my cable internet too. But the TV picture was awful and the TV service as a whole was lagging. Directv just upgraded their guide to HD and its beautiful. I like seeing updates and progress. Directv is always doing updates where Comcast guide and services looked like they did 10 years ago.
Totally understand you. Shaw cable who I'm with is always upgrading products and services and has the best quality tv I can get, and they are true fiber from node to node and then just coax into the house. The guide also just switched like you to HD and its sick. I was with a Canadian Satellite company for about a week before I couldn't take the picture quality and downtime anymore and went back to cable.

Here's the problem I have with Directv and most service providers, you have to leave and come back to get the latest and best equipment. When I left Directv I was pretty frustrated with their equipment and all the issues I was having with it. I leave and come back. Now I've got new super small standard HDTV boxes and HDDVR that works all over the house. All the problems are gone now and Im happy.

Hmmmmmm, how long did you have to leave to get the upgrades? I still have the old large HD boxes and DVR in only 1 of the 3 rooms.

My TV would go out with bad weather when I had Satellite.

Thats the frustrating part about all the service providers as OEM says. I have an HD PVR in the living room, and then an HD box in the bedroom. Total these two units cost me about $700 when I bought them. Now shaw has the whole home HD PVR and it is cheaper than the units I have now, with the base main unit and then the portals. Problem is if I switch to that system my current boxes can't be used, and I will never get my money back from my current boxes because these new ones are so inexpensive. Oh well,

Thats the frustrating part about all the service providers as OEM says. I have an HD PVR in the living room, and then an HD box in the bedroom. Total these two units cost me about $700 when I bought them. Now shaw has the whole home HD PVR and it is cheaper than the units I have now, with the base main unit and then the portals. Problem is if I switch to that system my current boxes can't be used, and I will never get my money back from my current boxes because these new ones are so inexpensive. Oh well,
My understanding in that my boxes belong to DirecTV so I really don't understand why I must cancel to get upgraded, especially after 3+ years with them. I am going to begin investigating this week on what they might offer.

My understanding in that my boxes belong to DirecTV so I really don't understand why I must cancel to get upgraded, especially after 3+ years with them. I am going to begin investigating this week on what they might offer.
I thought you buy the boxes from the Satellite companies. But it's done in a way that they give them to you for free at time of installation, but you have to keep the service for 24 months.

I thought you buy the boxes from the Satellite companies. But it's done in a way that they give them to you for free at time of installation, but you have to keep the service for 24 months.

I thought they told me I would have to send the boxes back to them when I terminate service, they will send prepaid shipping cartons. I am getting older and don't remember things as well as I used to, but that is the way I recall it.

Left South Carolina a little after 10am this morning, 9ish hours later and I am home. Not too bad of a drive actually. Always good to be home though.

Left South Carolina a little after 10am this morning, 9ish hours later and I am home. Not too bad of a drive actually. Always good to be home though.

Good that the drive wasn't bad. How was your time in SC?

Glad you made it home safely. WB.

Good that the drive wasn't bad. How was your time in SC?
Thanks D. It was a great time, my wife has a very large family and it was a semi-family reunion, even though they all live down here. LOL. Always good to play Golf with the family, even if it was freezing cold. Had a good time downtown Charleston as well.
Glad you made it home safely. WB.
Thanks DD.

Thanks D. It was a great time, my wife has a very large family and it was a semi-family reunion, even though they all live down here. LOL. Always good to play Golf with the family, even if it was freezing cold. Had a good time downtown Charleston as well.

Thanks DD.

That's sweet that you got to get some golf in with the family. Glad you had a good time!

I still have one of my old boxes from the last time I had directv. They keep not sending me the return box.

I left for about six months and then came back. When I spoke to them about new boxes they wanted a lot of money to get upgraded. Basically I had to buy them full price. The ones I currently had would be sent back as they were not mine I was told.

I am tired and cannot think of anything to say in any thread beside this one. So I'm going to go read a book or something........

I am tired and cannot think of anything to say in any thread beside this one. So I'm going to go read a book or something........

What book?

I think I'm getting an iPhone. My Thunderbolt has been pissing me off lately.

Do it! Love my iphone. Switched over to it from an Incredible about a year ago and glad I did.

Also carry a blackberry for work, like it too for the business sidebof things.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Like WE said, do it. I love my iPhone. I do just about everything with it. It's so darn easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back