The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres something funny. My company has a lot of apps that our programming department has written and therefore all management at our company has switched to iphones and I'm the last remaining holdout. I'm the last one on our company plan still using a Blackberry and they try and force an Iphone on me everyday. My blackberry is getting a little older and starting to die a little and when it does die, they will only replace it for me with an iphone.

I think its really funny that unless I supply my own phone hardware I will be forced to become everything that I hate.

Ironic twist of fate. That's like me getting a job at RIM as blackberry product manager.

Hey CB, just a question, but why do you dislike Apple? I have known that you don't, but I never knew why.

Because he is a wise man.
Hey CB, just a question, but why do you dislike Apple? I have known that you don't, but I never knew why.

Ironic twist of fate. That's like me getting a job at RIM as blackberry product manager.
LOL, poor RIM I love their products but they have now been predicted to be one of 5 large companies to be bankrupt in 3 years. You shouldn't work there.

A couple of things, first of all their marketing, just frustrates me, "The new Iphone is a phone, a web browser, an ipod, a calculater, a text messaging device, a great paper weight, legit coaster, notepad........." I mean its just too much sometimes. I'm not a huge fan of their CPU interface, but thats mostly due to the fact that I've been working with PC's for so long that I know windows inside and out, and have been involved in everything from building PC's to configuring our own windows inbedeed software that I just love how easy it is to work with and make Windows do what I want. And lastly, its just an immature backlash on my part against all the Ipeople out there that bug the crap out of me.

LOL, poor RIM I love their products but they have now been predicted to be one of 5 large companies to be bankrupt in 3 years. You shouldn't work there.

A couple of things, first of all their marketing, just frustrates me, "The new Iphone is a phone, a web browser, an ipod, a calculater, a text messaging device, a great paper weight, legit coaster, notepad........." I mean its just too much sometimes. I'm not a huge fan of their CPU interface, but thats mostly due to the fact that I've been working with PC's for so long that I know windows inside and out, and have been involved in everything from building PC's to configuring our own windows inbedeed software that I just love how easy it is to work with and make Windows do what I want. And lastly, its just an immature backlash on my part against all the Ipeople out there that bug the crap out of me.

And Id never move that far north either. Id have to turn that job offer down.

That makes a lot of sense to me. I know some who hate Apple because they're popular. I hate those people.

All legitimate reasons.

I will stay away from Apple as long as I can, and hopefully forever. My main reason-Steve Jobs is the biggest d*ckhead I have ever met, may he rest in piece.

All legitimate reasons.

I will stay away from Apple as long as I can, and hopefully forever. My main reason-Steve Jobs is the biggest d*ckhead I have ever met, may he rest in piece.

Tim Cook is possibly one of the nicest I have ever met. Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never met either of them and don't like to pass judgement on people I've never met, but for the most part, to run a business and get it to the point where Apple is now, you have to make some decisions that will piss a lot of people off and make some really unpopular moves.

I've never met either of them and don't like to pass judgement on people I've never met, but for the most part, to run a business and get it to the point where Apple is now, you have to make some decisions that will piss a lot of people off and make some really unpopular moves.

No question, CB. You are going to piss a lot of people off on the way to the top. My interaction with him was on a personal level, no business involved at all.

Zuckerburg is also not very well-liked. But he's successful, like Jobs.

No question, CB. You are going to piss a lot of people off on the way to the top. My interaction with him was on a personal level, no business involved at all.
Sorry if that was taken the wrong way, that wasn't directed at you, when people say that they dislike someone like that, I assume they have had a negative interaction with that person. I was mostly saying no comment on my part.

None of it will matter once this little computer fad passes.

Kevin

None of it will matter once this little computer fad passes.

Kevin

Exactly. That, or, December 21st 2012, whichever comes first.

Yet you like Taylormade. Funny.

Yet you like Taylormade. Funny.
Actually I'm really more a fan of Callaway :alien:

Edit: And while I agree with you about Taylormade marketing being exactly the same, if you combine the marketing of TaylorMade and the illogical fandom of Titelist, you would get an Apple fan.

Actually I'm really more a fan of Callaway :alien:

Edit: And while I agree with you about Taylormade marketing being exactly the same, if you combine the marketing of TaylorMade and the illogical fandom of Titelist, you would get an Apple fan.

Hey now, an Apple fan is a little general there. What you would have would be an apple homer.

Hey now, an Apple fan is a little general there. What you would have would be an apple homer.
Correct, poor wording on my part.

I'm mostly speaking of the guy in starbucks with the Ibook, ipad and iphone who thinks world peace would be achieved if just everyone would get with the iprogram.

Correct, poor wording on my part.

I%27m+watching+you+focker.jpg

LOL, as you should be. When I get my stupid Iphone you can facetime me.

If you're nice maybe I'll help you figure out how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back