JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of our members seem to have some questions that we can probably answer for them in regards to the world of the THP Tour Van or RVs in general. So I thought perhaps a thread on it for questions or comments or general RV talk would be fun.

For the basics, if you ever wondered what the difference was between a Class A, Class B and Class C, you can find out here.

http://home-happens.com/?p=149

Sweet well I'm pondering really had on some 2010 Navion RB's.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be "hard" and "RV"

• Admin
Its a good Class C and Winnebago has a good warranty. Im a Class A guy personally but if you like the bunk above the seats, the Class C makes sense. Have you seen the Tioga by Fleetwood CB? Similar to the Navion, but some different floor plans.

Its a good Class C and Winnebago has a good warranty. Im a Class A guy personally but if you like the bunk above the seats, the Class C makes sense. Have you seen the Tioga by Fleetwood CB? Similar to the Navion, but some different floor plans.

We are mostly looking in class C right now and have owned Navions in the past ( both 5th wheels and RV's) and have been very happy with them. I have not looked into the tiogas but will look into them later.

• Admin
Awful music, but this is a 2011 American Eagle that is just freaking gorgeous. Looked at a 2012 model today.

Too bad we would have to sell our organs on the black market to buy it haha.
My wife had a similar comment when I was showing some of the ones I liked to her! Haha.

Too bad we would have to sell our organs on the black market to buy it haha.

My wife had a similar comment when I was showing some of the ones I liked to her! Haha.

Leave it to women to ruin a good thing. Which ones were you looking at War? 5th Wheel or Class A?

Leave it to women to ruin a good thing. Which ones were you looking at War? 5th Wheel or Class A?
I initially was thinking a 5th wheel, but after talking to some people about them, if I were to get the type that I wanted, it would require more truck than I have. So, now I moved on to the Class A, the diesel variety.

I initially was thinking a 5th wheel, but after talking to some people about them, if I were to get the type that I wanted, it would require more truck than I have. So, now I moved on to the Class A, the diesel variety.

Agreed. There are some great "pre-enjoyed" things out there.

Agreed. There are some great "pre-enjoyed" things out there.
I would definitely go the "pre-enjoyed" route.

You know, it's really hard to find a Diesel RV to rent. Everything I have found is gas. What is the place next to Lazy Days that rents?

I would definitely go the "pre-enjoyed" route.

You know, it's really hard to find a Diesel RV to rent. Everything I have found is gas. What is the place next to Lazy Days that rents?

Camping World.

HAHA I was looking at used Class Cs today...some are OK. With any luck, in a year the child will be gone and it'll just be me, wifey and puppy.

HAHA I was looking at used Class Cs today...some are OK. With any luck, in a year the child will be gone and it'll just be me, wifey and puppy.

Depending on price point and size, there are some good Class Cs, but the price point has really been getting closer between As and Cs for a while now it seems.

Watch out JB, before you know it you will attending FMCA rallies and chatting up trips with full timers. There is always a golf outing planned near an FMCA rally!!

This is one that GG and I really like. Possibly our favorite floorplan right now. 2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40x

This is one that GG and I really like. Possibly our favorite floorplan right now. 2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40x

Yeah, I'd take that one in a heartbeat. Very nice setup in there.

We are really interested in the dedicated living room and love the floor plan the way it is so open.

We are really interested in the dedicated living room and love the floor plan the way it is so open.
I like that too, and with the two couches + two chairs from the table you wouldnt need the front captains chairs to double for living room seating.

Exactly. It looks as if the floorplan has been similar on the 40x since about 2007. I like what I am seeing here...:D

Exactly. It looks as if the floorplan has been similar on the 40x since about 2007. I like what I am seeing here...:D
When you decided to upgrade, I know someone in the market for a used RV... hehe!

You go over to Lazy Days, I am guessing? Some of those are just ridiculous arent they? If I do end up with one, I definitely like the thoughts that JB/GG had with theirs and how it is 100% functional while in motion. Some you have to jump over a couch or table to move around when it is closed up.

Yes I did, and the fact I couldn't see that big red one made me want to see it even more. That place is ridiculous!

I think we need an official RV thread maybe, but I can answer this for you. With a full tank on ours, the thing could run for days on end on the generator. About an hour of time (depending on use) would be a half a tank of gas. However you will rarely be using a generator when parked. When you go to a RV resort, each slip has whats called "hookups" and you plug in actually and run your coach off of that switch. Generator is then turned off just as the engine.

So for example, you and GG are on the road in the middle of nowhere, Ohio and there's not a place around you and it's snowing to the point you're stuck there for at least two days. Could you just pull off into a rest stop and park it for the n
time being and still be able to operate without a problem? Or is plugging in for an evening or two the best plan?

Yes I did, and the fact I couldn't see that big red one made me want to see it even more. That place is ridiculous!

So for example, you and GG are on the road in the middle of nowhere, Ohio and there's not a place around you and it's snowing to the point you're stuck there for at least two days. Could you just pull off into a rest stop and park it for the n
time being and still be able to operate without a problem? Or is plugging in for an evening or two the best plan?

MW,
I moved your post here so that we can discuss it more freely. To answer your question, we could absolutely run it for that long with no issues whatsoever. Heck, we could run the generator a lot longer than that without plugging in if necessary. Plugging in, just means its a little more quiet and gas free. Running the generator keeps your batteries full and offers no issues at all. Heck, we run it while we are driving to cool the coach rather than using our dash AC.

Back