No, but that is okay. And although we are in full ponder mode, with what we spent on gas the last month, it will be a while.

Understandable. I was the same way with boats......got into it with something and within no time was already thinking bigger & better. We need some more Albatross Club members ASAP!

Duke has a new favorite place to sleep during the drive

a6937359-c2e7-d1be.jpg

He was pretty cute down there although not a great spot.

He was pretty cute down there although not a great spot.

Certainly not judging but was thinking the same thing!

Do the dogs do well at campgrounds and just hang with you two? I know you guys do some work on the road but it seems like just relaxing outside the RV in lawn chairs would be a good time, especially at night. Maybe unwind and sip some wine.

Certainly not judging but was thinking the same thing!

Do the dogs do well at campgrounds and just hang with you two? I know you guys do some work on the road but it seems like just relaxing outside the RV in lawn chairs would be a good time, especially at night. Maybe unwind and sip some wine.

If you ever get a chance to meet us, for the most part, we are not "outdoors" kind of people which is kind of ironic. We love our TV, air conditioning and are foodies. So for the most part we are inside the coach chilling out and the dogs love it.

If you ever get a chance to meet us, for the most part, we are not "outdoors" kind of people which is kind of ironic. We love our TV, air conditioning and are foodies. So for the most part we are inside the coach chilling out and the dogs love it.

So, no smores around the campfire next month?

This thread make me laugh. As in golf, so too goes RV'ing....many of you guys bag the latest and greatest clubs, while I slap together clubs on a budget...all this pondering of beautiful RV's and we are in season 4 of using out Coleman tent trailer to camp in the summer. I gotta win the lottery :)

So we are pondering starting to bring a TOAD (towed car) on the road with us. The problem we are running into, is that we dont want to bring her Infiniti and my Volvo would need to be put on a dolly. We definitely prefer to tow 4 down (4 tires down) and want something small. We are seriously considering trading my car in so this can happen.

Smart Car. You know you want to.

This. Don't get the low riding 17's on the rear though. BAD idea according to the Wynn's!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Its a strong debate because of the price.
We checked it out and the safety rating is really strong.
Plus using that as a TOAD, you wouldnt even know its back there and it can be done 4 down without any altering of the vehicle.

This. Don't get the low riding 17's on the rear though. BAD idea according to the Wynn's!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Ironically, I completely forgot they had a Smart Car.

Ironically, I completely forgot they had a Smart Car.

They posted a great article this morning about the total cost of 2011 on the road. Good info about the Smart car in there.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Its a strong debate because of the price.
We checked it out and the safety rating is really strong.
Plus using that as a TOAD, you wouldnt even know its back there and it can be done 4 down without any altering of the vehicle.

Easier to do it with 4 down vs a small trailer?

Easier to do it with 4 down vs a small trailer?

I think so. While you cannot reverse in many cases, the ease of just unhooking and driving is great. Plus, you dont have to do something with the trailer when you are at location.

I think so. While you cannot reverse in many cases, the ease of just unhooking and driving is great. Plus, you dont have to do something with the trailer when you are at location.

Oddly enough, I was wondering what you did for short transportation. I saw a lot of rv's today that had a bunch of toads and it made me think lol

Oddly enough, I was wondering what you did for short transportation. I saw a lot of rv's today that had a bunch of toads and it made me think lol
I bet you were doing the same thing I was on the way back from Orlando, every RV I saw I sped up to check and see or did a double take as they passed going the other way.

I bet you were doing the same thing I was on the way back from Orlando, every RV I saw I sped up to check and see or did a double take as they passed going the other way.

Always. If I see a Morgan Cup logo, beware the impromptu 180 in the median

There were a ton of them on the road yesterday on I75 too.
We are back one day and we have to drop ours off for some quick changes and of course we are going to look at a few of them.

Spent an hour or so looking at some coaches yesterday. Its amazing how much your "needs" and "wants" change in floor plan once you have been on the road for a 3 week trip. We found things that we said "Who would want that?" that we now really like and found other things that we originally "had to have" to be something that we dont need at all. Amazing how that all works.

Are you in full ponder mode or just taking notes? Are these things you can have added to your current design?

Are you in full ponder mode or just taking notes? Are these things you can have added to your current design?

I think right now we are just taking notes. When you start moving around in coaches, the cost can get pretty out of control. In all fairness, you can add just about anything to a design, but when you do, the building shop's bills start to add up. The truth is, we love our RV, we upgraded and made it "our own" and it works really well for our needs, but floor plan wise, there are things we will do different in the next one. My guess is later this year or early next year we get serious about it.

If something were to come along and blow us away though, we would think about making it happen I think.

I expect War Eagle will get a good deal on the Rangefinder when the new one is acquired.....hehe

I want one.

Me too JB, that one looks awesome!

Back