The Worst Driver You Ever Bought

robcog

Addicted
Reaction score
Handicap
For me it was the Killer Bee in 1995. The 48 inch beast did not belong in my bag since I had no idea what I was doing at the time and thought the harder I swing with my arms like a baseball bat would make the ball go longer. Gotta love infomercials!

I'd have to say when I first starting playing 2 years ago, I bought a box set, all the clubs were actually pretty good, but the driver and fairway wood were not. That driver did nothign but go right and I mean right like a boomerang, wasnt my swing, when I upgraded the ball went straight, needless to say about my 5th round the head flew further than the ball, thats when I upgraded but yeah that driver was horrible and the sound it made was more like a alluminum bat in little league, "tink, tink"

Callaway C4

Supertri. Not because it's a bad club because it's not. But I went from something that I hit extremely well and consistent to the Supertri and we have had a love/hate relationship ever since.

Cleveland Hibore XL. Great club but made a ridiculously loud clang!

Nike Machspeed Black round.

I bought a set of tommy armour woods when I was first starting, it was a driver/3/5 woods. The driver was horrible.

Definitely the driver that came with my Dunlop starter set. Those clubs in general were terrible. Only wood I could hit was the 3W... I do not miss them at all.

Nike Mach Speed square STR8 fit, the first one. There was just nothing good about that at all.

I have a Machspeed black square that I actually like quite a bit. I also had a Sumo 5900 (shoebox). Wish I had never got rid of that thing. To this day the longest driver I have ever owned. Loud and ugly but results are results.

thing looked like a toaster

Sounded like one too.

Lordie I hope this isn't what happened to the Brave Little Toaster after the movie ended and he couldn't get another gig due to being type-casted.

Sounded like one too.

Lordie I hope this isn't what happened to the Brave Little Toaster after the movie ended and he couldn't get another gig due to being type-casted.

I should rep you for the Brave Little Toaster reference! That movie rocked

Toss up between the MaxFli I got with a set at Dick's (cracked two of them and I'm not a big hitter) or a Northwestern I bought at a yard sale as a kid.

I should rep you for the Brave Little Toaster reference! That movie rocked

It did. I may or may not have recently aquired it as well for my future daughter's viewing pleasure along with a few others.

I have a Machspeed black square that I actually like quite a bit. I also had a Sumo 5900 (shoebox). Wish I had never got rid of that thing. To this day the longest driver I have ever owned. Loud and ugly but results are results.

Same here I had the 5900 first club I ever hot over 300 a few times, then went to callaway not to good, now have the machspeed black sqaure and back to ovber 300 again,, I would use the little toaster if he could help me keep it over 300, I would fit him with a xstiff shaft and T it up....lol

A "Fat Eddie" driver I bought at a garage sale back in the mid/late 90s

My FT-iQ. Looking down at address, it's so closed it looks like it's pointing at way behind you and to the left. Its shaft is like an overcooked spaghetti noodle, and it may as well be a launching method for satellites since it balloons the ball so badly.

Let it be a lesson to all of you to try every possible driver and get fit, and not buy the driver handed to you by a salesman.

Last edited:
The Hammer, by far.

No one wanted to play with a guy hitting 400+ yard drives. :bulgy-eyes:

img2946.jpg

Never did I strike the ball in such a manor that the ball would have had a reasonable flight path or length...well, I didn't actually pay that much either for it...just a little over $50 during a round from a guy on the 17th hole. My 1st driver tough. Don't miss it.

Callaway C4....absolutely the worst money ever spent and back then it was a very expensive driver.

Every square-shaped driver ever.

The square drivers helped me with direction but I always lost distance....probably because I was swinging a shoe box.

I've heard a lot of Callaway references. I agree. Worst driver I ever hit was the Diablo Edge. Sounded terrible, felt terrible, and my Top Flight XL7000 spanked its butt all over the course and driving range. Disliked Callaway before that driver and loathed them ever since.

Actually, this driver sucked so bad for me that I didn't even try to sell it, I wanted to punish it! So I asked my buddy Donnie, a scratch golfer with an unreal tee game, to try this abomination out because it had to be me and couldn't be the club's fault that it was THAT BAD. He did and he commenced to hit some of the worst drives I'd ever seen him hit. After his failure to get it to behave we had a ceremonious breaking, bashing, and throwing into the ocean moment with that thing.

A fitting end!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Nike Dymo Square.

I can still hear the CLANK! Had a good honeymoon and then worst ever. The 4DX promptly came back.

Back