The Worst Driver You Ever Bought

Very first Nike driver that hit the market.

Tappin from my iPad

img2946.jpg

Never did I strike the ball in such a manor that the ball would have had a reasonable flight path or length...well, I didn't actually pay that much either for it...just a little over $50 during a round from a guy on the 17th hole. My 1st driver tough. Don't miss it.

I've got a friend that still games this driver. It was in the used been at the muni course we play a lot, so we took it out to the range and gave it a try. His tee game was horrid at the time and so he did nothing with the driver... but out of the 6 or 7 balls I hit with it, I crushed the last 3 and my buddy was sold on it.
Today, driving is probably the strongest part of his game and I have a hard time talking him into even trying any other drivers.

A little close minded are we? Ahaha you must not have tried the new VRS line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who hate on the Nike stuff drive me crazy. nike seriously has some awesome offerings, and these came even before the VR_S line.
This link is good for a laugh - these testers basically think they're not hitting it well, and that other drivers are much better, but in reality the Nike is equal to or outperforming the other OEM stuff.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/review-nike-vr-pro-driver/

Anything with a head bigger than my fist. I went back to an old Titleist 975 and love it still.

The Toski Big Bad Wolf, at some point in the 90's:

toskin.jpg

It looked sleek as all heck, black crown, shaft, deep face... couldn't hit it to save my life. Through a few range sessions, I never hit a good shot with it. Not one.

Same recently with the Nike Victory Red Pro STR8-Fit... I don't doubt that it's a quality driver for many but in two range sessions, all hooks. Screaming duckety-duck hooks, regardless of setting.

Some off the beaten path drivers that I had that actually worked for me:

Purespin
Wilson Deep Red (fat shaft)
Goldwin ADVP
Mizuno Mighty Big
Top Flite Intimidator 400

Back