THP & Cobra US Open Contest

Who do you think was chosen more, Poulter or Villegas?

I think Poulter will be taken more, though not really playing much better

I am curious how many people took raging rookie Rickie Fowler.

The one who didnt qualify?

Wow, I should have really looked at the field before commenting/signing up for this contest, haha.

I'm rooting for Phil if come Sunday all my guys are out of it. He should be in contention, but for some reason I don't think he does well when everyone sees him as the top dog. At the start of the season, with Tiger out, there was a lot of pressure for Phil to take the mantle and he struggled a little out of the gate. He comes to the Masters a little under the radar and wins. Ever since then, Phil has played extremely well, but the way the media has talks about him, it seems as though this guy has won 2-3 times this year, but the only tournament he has won was the Masters.

Phil is the ultimate bridesmaid and probably will be in contention again come Sunday. I just don't see him winning. It's too much the obvious pick that it can't happen right?

phil
poulter
westwood
clarke

man...almost forgot about this before going to work..
20 minutes to spare....right JB??? :act-up:
My normal picks never get me close so I tried an alternate method.....

• M. Kuchar
• R. Goosen
• R. Mcilroy
• C. Villegas

man...almost forgot about this before going to work..
20 minutes to spare....right JB??? :act-up:
My normal picks never get me close so I tried an alternate method.....

• M. Kuchar
• R. Goosen
• R. Mcilroy
• C. Villegas

There is actually a little over one hour left in this. 11:59 PM Eastern time.

There is actually a little over one hour left in this. 11:59 PM Eastern time.

crap....and I am getting ready to drive......into work.....at 60mph....and monitor the Space Station experiments for 8 hours....LMAO...
I cant even count to 12....

I wanted to go Poulter but he missed the cut at St. Jude and Camillo played well

Me and Junior Lancer are in.

Hers:
Villegas
Phil
Paul Casey
Westwood

Mine:
Poulter
Choi
Stricker
Harrington

I see myself winning to be honest.

Kevin

my moneys on JL out of you two! :act-up:

Last edited:
i wanted to go stricker but he's still not 100% yet and his putting hasnt been what it used to be
harrington will be a wildcard... i really like paddy... he's due for a win but hes kinda sketchy
tiger really burned me the last time so i left him on the bench

I'm finally in.
I way overthought this one.
I will say that I decided a strategy of picking somewhat longshots would give me a better chance of just taking Phil and Westwood like everyone else, and I have one name on my list that I haven't heard anyone else talk about this week and I think has a great chance to win it for me.
I'll post my picks here once the deadline passes.

i hope poulter gets hot... i thought he was a better pick than villegas at pebble... but that all depends on the weather

OK the winning team is:

Phil
Westwood
Villegas
Cink

I figure it was basically a toss up between Poulter and Villegas, they seemed fairly even to me, so I went with Camilo figuring more people would take Ian. Then I went with a bit of a gamble/dark horse with Stewart Cink, he does well in majors lately, and I liked his tee times in the first two rounds and his pairing with Lucas Glover.

I'm finally in.
I way overthought this one.
I will say that I decided a strategy of picking somewhat longshots would give me a better chance of just taking Phil and Westwood like everyone else, and I have one name on my list that I haven't heard anyone else talk about this week and I think has a great chance to win it for me.
I'll post my picks here once the deadline passes.
Here they are:
Villegas, Donald, Crane, McDowell.
The other name I was tossing around the most - Bo Van Pelt.

By the way,
What about Jason Gore? He's still with Cobra, no?

My picks:

Poulter
Watney
Choi
Tiger

I wasn't going to take Tiger, but he's my favorite golfer. Otherwise, I probably would've taken Zach Johnson. I knew a lot of people were going to take Phil and Westwood so I avoided them.

I'll throw out another out-of-nowhere name that I was seriously considering: Steve Marino.

My picks...
Phil...my pick to win it, this is his year
Westwood...should be good for a top 5
Dustin Johnson...2 wins on tour at PB, worth a shot
Poulter...coin flip

Back