THP Fantasy Football Week 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports are saying P. Manning could be out for the year! OUCH!

F;ing Colts!!! Couldn't have come out with this info a week earlier:poop:

There are actually two conflicting reports circling the NFL right now.
1. That he is out for the year.
2. That the Colts made it official he will miss the Texans game, but its out "indefinitely" until someone else reevaluates.

Either one is pretty shaky and Im surprised nobody has confirmed either side right now.

Maybe they thought with Tennessee not really having a great QB that they could get a lot of points with picks and saks?

I guess anything is possible. I'm not sure how the Titans O Line is looking and I suppose C Johnson can only take so many carries but I'm still not seeing it. I think I'd have taken Oakland against Denver for week 1 instead.

There are actually two conflicting reports circling the NFL right now.
1. That he is out for the year.
2. That the Colts made it official he will miss the Texans game, but its out "indefinitely" until someone else reevaluates.

Either one is pretty shaky and Im surprised nobody has confirmed either side right now.

I thought it was official he is missing week 1. Didn't he even make a statement along with the Colts?

Who's your other QB?

Orton which I don't mind. I just hate the fact that I disregarded my pre draft thought of not taking a QB early. Saw Manning and took a chance.

I blame it on ESPN. I was reading the Manning article and it was mentioned that in the past 13 years Manning has been the only starter for the Colts while Chicago has gone through 17 starting QBs. Whenever I see Chicago and QB in the same article I automatically think of you and whether anyone has given you crap yet today about Cutler. :D

Dropped Garrard for Alex Smith??? Interesting.

Yeah he was one of the few starters left... and I figure with as creative an offensive mind as Harbaugh can be he might work out at the minimum for the bye week of my starter. Too bad I can't see my matchup for this week... unless I need a lesson with ESPNFF11 app on android!

I dont have Romo

I thought it was official he is missing week 1. Didn't he even make a statement along with the Colts?

That is what I said (although poorly). That the Colts made it official that he will miss week 1, but "indefinitely" is being thrown around in the 2nd report.

That is what I said (although poorly). That the Colts made it official that he will miss week 1, but "indefinitely" is being thrown around in the 2nd report.

This has got to be concerning to that whole organization. Do you think if he is done for the year that drops them as the favorite for the AFC South?

This has got to be concerning to that whole organization. Do you think if he is done for the year that drops them as the favorite for the AFC South?

Of course!!!

me personally? Yes. Weak running game, average defense, and Kerry Collins, equals a very average ball club.

me personally? Yes. Weak running game, average defense, and Kerry Collins, equals a very average ball club.

I more meant if for everyone, sorry for the confusion. I would have to agree and think the Titans and Texans would have a nice little battle for first place.

completely agree! Manning is the heart of that team. You lose him and you lose the part of your offense that is strong. That means the D will be on the field a lot and will get tired.

Yeah he was one of the few starters left... and I figure with as creative an offensive mind as Harbaugh can be he might work out at the minimum for the bye week of my starter. Too bad I can't see my matchup for this week... unless I need a lesson with ESPNFF11 app on android!

I actually drafted Smith thinking about using him for the bye week but then realized that by week 11 who knows who will be starting where or who's going to be injured, etc. so I dropped him for Kendall Hunter (rumored to be Gore's backup now).

F;ing Colts!!! Couldn't have come out with this info a week earlier:poop:

hahahahaha...this will be you by week 3 :surrender:

I think it has to drop them out of the favorite seat, and probably put Houston in it.

I love the first few weeks of fantasy football. The excitement is in the air. The panic sets in quickly as does the overconfidence. In reality, I dont think the first 3 weeks are much more than figuring out who is a gamer and who isnt, but its fun to watch from the outside. I think combined the last 2 years I have had a combined 1-2 wins in the first 3-4 weeks, but did okay each season. It really is about figuring out what works and what doesnt.

But the air is getting thick. The desperation sets in. The panic sets in. And that means only one thing....Are you ready for some football!!!!!

fify

oh sorry, wrong thread

I love the first few weeks of fantasy football. The excitement is in the air. The panic sets in quickly as does the overconfidence. In reality, I dont think the first 3 weeks are much more than figuring out who is a gamer and who isnt, but its fun to watch from the outside. I think combined the last 2 years I have had a combined 1-2 wins in the first 3-4 weeks, but did okay each season. It really is about figuring out what works and what doesnt.

But the air is getting thick. The desperation sets in. The panic sets in. And that means only one thing....you're on the tee box at your first THP Outing and need a hug from your mommy.....!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back