THP Tour Van Event - OHIO

.....I want a Piada..I guess I am driving to Dayton again soon.

Friday

Friday started with me leaving my place around 7:00, which means 7:45 ddec standard time. It was pouring rain outside and things were not looking so good. What the hell was I thinking, driving to Ohio to play golf in horrible weather. Well after 3 hours clear skies found me and all was good. I met up with tnolan at his house. Met his dogs, the new lovely addition, and said hello to Whitney(who is an angel for letting him go). After about 15 minutes we were off to Ohio. Other than some bad traffic and a slight mixup with directions, the drive was awesome. We had a good time catching up with each other and were both really excited about getting to meet up with some THPers. Once 10yarddraw posted he was buying the beers at Buffalo Wild Wings, Tyno stepped on the gas and we got to Ohio a little after 10. We met up a group of about 12 guys and it was like walking in to a room filled with guys you have known for years. Since nobody saved me a seat I had to sit at a broken arcade racing game. The moment of the night was when we were shooting napkins across the table trying to make it in tylers beer glass. One-T tells youngbuck he will pay him 20 bucks if he makes 1 shot out of 10 tries and if he misses he owes One-T 5 bucks. Well for the first few tries it looked like the money was safely going to be Jarrets, but then youngbuck drains it. The crowd went wild!

Saturday

Ohio looked and felt crappy. It was raining, it was cold, and poor War Eagle was suffering from hypothermia. Met up at the Tour Van with about 30 other THPers as we huddled under umbrellas. I was able to get an awesome Cross Golf beanie, some Lamkin grips, and Bridgestone balls(thanks to all 3 of those companies for providing them). After waiting for the rain to stop we headed over to the practice green for some much anticipated contests. The first contest was the putting contest, which was won by Bogey. The most interesting contest was the Iron contest where we hit a downhill pitch from the opposite side of the ball. RxGus came oh so close to winning, but Bhilin stole the show at the end. No trip to Ohio is complete without some chutting. It was rather fun watching everyone participate in these. Hitman ended up taking the chutting crown for the day.

The demo portion of the day was fun as always. There is so much equipment, which is still a small percentage of what is at the demo day in May. I always like talking to guy about what they are hitting and what they are liking. It’s always a great time. I know Bert was liking the AMP driver as he pounded them long and straight every time. There was also a lot of B Asha love going on. Watching JRod and Canadan hit their drivers with those shafts installed was just unreal. Both of them have effortless swings that provide a lot of power. For that I hate both of them.

On to the course I go. Teeing it up with MikeDean, Griff, and Bert. These fellas were a joy to play with, even Deano 2.0. Things were just business as usual for Bert, that guy seemingly hit every fairway and had some damn good distance doing so. Talk about a guy who was just there to play some golf with buddies. I don’t think the smile left his face all afternoon. One of these days I want to have a putting round like Griff. The man never once had to fret over a 3 putt. If his first putt didn’t go in, it was always within kick in range. As for Deano 2.0, we had some fun. He took 2 of my dollar bills from the Cheeks fund, but that’s alright with me. After the round we all sat along the 18th and watched groups come in. There certainly were some “interesting” shots that came in. Watching Biglee come stumbling down the final hole just put a perfect end to the day at Pipestone.

For dinner we went to a pizza and sub shop. The food was pretty good although I should have gotten a damn calzone instead of some baked turkey thing. Sat at a booth with Tyno, T2GRN, and his son youngbuck. I’ll say one thing, youngbuck fits in just like one of the guys. He will bust your chops with the best of them. He and I had an interesting bet which would have left me forfeiting my J40 irons to him, but he did not pull through. It was awesome sharing a booth with those 3 guys. T2G and youngbuck clearly have a great father son relationship that is just cool to see. I’m glad they both made it out to Ohio.

Later that night some of us spent some time in casa de SHARKWRESTLER. Shared a lot of laughs with INgolfer, One-T, Sharky, TopDogg, Tyno(dude just won’t leave me alone), and INgolfer’s bro-in-law. Poor Jim wanted to catch some sleep but nobody would let him.

Whaat do you mean even Im a joy to play with? What you meant to say was that it was a honor for you to be sharing a cart with me.

Whaat do you mean even Im a joy to play with? What you meant to say was that it was a honor for you to be sharing a cart with me.

hehe I said what I said. Nah, I had a blast sharing a cart with you.

hehe I said what I said. Nah, I had a blast sharing a cart with you.

Forget you, heck you werent even the best captain I golfed with that weekend! War Eagle in not so many words begeed for the chance to golf with me, and you just blow me off. You 2 time shanking &$!

Love YA!

Alright here we go;

I got to Greenville sometime around 10am on Friday morning, and immediately loaded up in the Tour Van with JB and One-T. It was about an 8 hour drive to Ohio, and after about 45 minutes I was benched as Navigator and replaced with One-T. He did a better job anyway, plus it was more comfortable relaxing on the couch. An 8 hour drive in the RV went by quick, and we had a blast just chatting it up and shooting the bull all the way to Ohio. I did keep looking down at my phone to check the weather, and there was a steady decline every time I checked it. We got to Somewhere, Ohio around 7ish and as soon as I stepped off the RV I thought I was going to die. In a matter of 12 hours, I had gone from 85* weather to 39* weather. I didn't adjust well.

Saturday;

Up with the birds on Saturday morning and loaded in to the Tour Van again to head out to the Course. We got there around 6:45am, got the spot settled and enjoyed the weather before the group started showing up. By enjoying the weather, I mean cursing Ohio for it being below 40*, no sun, and rain drops that felt like daggers. Mike Dean and Canadan showed up with some awesome gifts. Those being a pair of gloves for my hands and a cup of hot coffee. That helped. THPers started to straggle in to the course and hit up the tour van to grab some swag and b*tch about the weather with me, it was fun. Once everyone showed up, we hit the putting green for some contests and fun. THREE Contests, amazing, and so much fun to watch. One-T got shanked by Robman, it was hilarious, and JB called it before it happened. Gus came close, but didn't win. Bhillin took home some awesome Mizunos, he has a tough choice now, between his sweet 588s and the Mizuno's he won.

After the contest we unloaded the Tour Van to hit the range. I have loading/unloading those bottom storage compartments down to a science. We went to the range, I hit bad shots. It was funny. Thinning an iron in freezing weather stings a bit. Eff Ohio. I was cold, and miserable, but was having a damn fun time out there with those dudes.

Saturday's Round;
I shared a cart with Tyno and we played with Bullfrog and Robman.
  • Poor Bullfrog put a skymark on his J40 on the first hole, I know he did this because he reminded me about every time he hit driver off the tee. It's OK dude, we can rebuild it, we have the technology. Bullfrog is a steady golfer, and can chutt with the best of them. I think one of the most "Ohio" things I saw all weekend occurred during this round; Bullfrog hunched over putting with a Betti, Marlboro hanging from his lip, and wearing his Chevy/GM jacket...It was awesome!
  • Robman and I battled back and forth on who could work the ball better off the tee, by work the ball, I mean fade it. By fade it, I mean slice it. I still don't know who won. Guy has some game, and redeemed the Dean name by not being as bad at golf as his older broth.... never mind.
  • TyNo... A damn fun round of golf dude. Now you realize why I wanted you to take the Black 3W back! Tyno was piping the B. Asha in the Razr Fit, just absolutely hammering it. I think it was on hole 11 we decided to have a long drive contest. I hit my best tee shot of the day, and Tyler blew it by mine by about 30 yards. The stakes were steep, but he is now a father of 2, as I lost my Son in the bet. I think between the two of us, there was over 1500 waggles during this round.
  • This round was a blast, we had fun. Almost got attacked by a Monkey too! Thankfully it wasn't a monkey, but rather a fake wolf there to scare off geese.
  • Also of note, I was 0-4 on the Par 3s. Through 3 rounds at these Tour Van stops, I am 0-12. Awesome streak I have going.
Saturday Dinner;

Smart Cars can fit in to tight places, you can back it in to a gas pump that someone is already at without them even knowing it. Sorry, JB, I thought he was finished pumping, didn't know he was going in to prepay. Got to Dinner, and I immediately had a hilarious text from Mike Dean. I didn't understand what it meant at the time, but I was soon to find out. Hilarious dude. We sat down at our table that stretched across the entire restaurant. The waitress made fun of me, but at least I wasn't smelling her up and down like some other dudes there. Dinner was awesome, plus, there was a celebrity sighting that had me sitting at the table in tears. Had a great time chatting it up with Griff, what a great guy to talk to. Tried my best to talk to everyone, but it just wasn't possible. Just about the entire group from the day showed up, so 30+ at dinner was a massive group, it was incredible! We had to head back to the hotel after dinner to get the Tour Van ready for Sunday morning departure.

Will post my Sunday recap later.

Great recap War

For what its worth I recall Rob shooting 88 Saturday to my 85!

You need to keep my text to you and save it for next year!

A couple of short videos from Ohio.
First one is Biglee33 off the tee. He is one great guy to meet but watch out for the Jager Bombs. It was so much fun seeing you again Lee.
The Demo day at Reunion can't get here soon enough.

I had a great time playing with Canadan .
Although he looked a little disappointed on his approach shot. He still shot lights out great round Dan.

[video=youtube;x2FN-ZuKWvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2FN-ZuKWvI[/video]

You are so money and you don't even know it!

And that scene was definitely hilarious. ThroatWrestlerrrrrr

L.M.F.A.O! i peed myself.
rep added.

Tyno(dude just won’t leave me alone)

oh sure, i see how it is.
i shoulda just left your a$$ in Ohio.

what you didn't know is that i was on special assignment from Chunky to infiltrate Team DotCom and find out their strategic secrets for the MC 2013...
mission accomplished.

I shared a cart with Tyno
TyNo... A damn fun round of golf dude.

and what a cart it was....
i had a blast man. i like you a lot more than i like ddec.

Uh oh, Canadan would have just got DQ'd from the MC. :alien:

I had a great time playing with Canadan .
Although he looked a little disappointed on his approach shot. He still shot lights out great round Dan.

[video=youtube;x2FN-ZuKWvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2FN-ZuKWvI[/video]

HAHAHAHAA!!!! So fantastic. That was probably fatted wedge #10 on the day and the first time I let go of the club.. I should have club twirled looking back.

Laughing at yourself is where it's at!

Last edited:
nice club droppage tiger

I may or may not have dropped a few on Saturday due to the sheer frozenness of my hands.

should have worn those special gloves

Or stuck a hand warmer in your pocket....just as long as you dont partially sit on it like JB did

should have worn those special gloves

Or stuck a hand warmer in your pocket....just as long as you dont partially sit on it like JB did
The hand warmers were MIA until Sunday.

I tried swinging with those gloves on, didnt work out well for me. They made me slice the ball.

The hand warmers were MIA until Sunday.

I tried swinging with those gloves on, didnt work out well for me. They made me slice the ball.

hmm thats odd, I'll have to talk to R&D dept here as I swore they were multi purpose gloves. I'll let them know you want to be Jake straight lol

hmm thats odd, I'll have to talk to R&D dept here as I swore they were multi purpose gloves. I'll let them know you want to be Jake straight lol
Were you wearing those gloves when we played yesterday?

Were you wearing those gloves when we played yesterday?

ummmm yeah thats what it was

and we didnt golf yesterday, it was 70s here

these should be passed otu at the next tour stop

images

tese should be passed otu at the next tour stop

images

HAHA! We can keep them in the back of Sharkwrestler's van and then when you go get your free t-shirt nobody comes back...

Back