THP Tour Van - Texas Event Recap Thread

The fairways were really wide open, but they were lined with trees so if you missed the fairways then you were in trouble.
Sounds like home to me. Also sounds like a great time was had. C'mon ATL!!

Just read the last few post, sure sounds like a blast out there.

50 yards left and 250 out! Hahahahahah!

Punk escalade shouldn't have taken a damn camera phone pic of me during my swing!

One-Two piece!
He was running man.....at least you gave him a head start! We all 4 sat there watching it happen like we were watching a military radar screen to see if the missile made the intercept.

I'll add also, dtak has got a silky long swing, awesome to see...and I mean that in a completely non hitting on (or at JB) kind of way! LOL
From yesterday going forward, you need to make that clarification each and every time! :D

Yesterday was the first time I've witnessed a "long drive competition" on a par 3 (JB out drove Jman for the record and was very proud of that). I think they both sunk putts longer than their drives though to save par.

I think it was Cookie behind us doing his best "falcon" in honor of Falcon Head GC which sounded more like a tropical bird "in heat".

Today I think I'm supposed to play with Cookie, Jman, and Morgan I think is coming to keep us in line.

Sounds like everyone had a great time. So hoping I am able to make it when it heads to NC.

Loved catching up on the posts from last night. Great looking hat, and it sounds like a great time was had by all attending. I am looking forward to September in ATL even more now.

Sounds like fun was had by all. Great looking course and the hat pics are sweet. Can't wait for the East Coast swing.

Thanks for the pics and re caps. I think its impossible to have a bad time at any THP event, Keep them in the fairway today Jman.

Sounds like you guys had a great day!

2shoes - that was Steele with the falcon impersonation. Think I had him do it twice yesterday....power of the birdie!

It was a blast of a round. I struggled mightily on the front with 2 triples, a quad, and a birdie. Not even losing balls just a few crazy bad lies that I could not do much with. Shot a 51 on the front before making a putting grip change on the back 9 that helped quite a bit. 42 on the back with a triple and a birdie.

Few highlights:

Dtak84 has a phenomenal swing and is a great ball striker. He plays a different game out there than I am used to - can really move it off the tee but only does it when he has to. Would kill to have his swing!

Steele hits a towering 3W that just goes forever. He just enjoys being on the course and is always laughing/joking/commenting on something.

Afwcardinal - another guy that has some game. Low bullets off the tee that seem to run forever. 156 left into a par 5: enough said!

Watching Steele and dtak try to get it inside each other on the 100 yard par 3 was priceless. Sorry boys!!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Love hearing the recaps and seeing the pictures. Glad you all had a great turnout and round.

Can't wait until Atlanta to do the same.

Looks like you guys had a great time. Wish I had made it.

Where did yall go to eat?

a693489b-9d88-ae46.jpg

If the RV is the range finder...is this "The Ball Picker"?

Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man Texas sure does have nice golf carts... hehe

Great to hear all of the stories and see all of the pics. Thanks for letting us vicariously spend the weeked with you.

waking up this morning and still bummed i ran off without a tour van hat :disapointed:

'2shoes - that was Steele with the falcon impersonation. Think I had him do it twice yesterday....power of the birdie!

It was a blast of a round. I struggled mightily on the front with 2 triples, a quad, and a birdie. Not even losing balls just a few crazy bad lies that I could not do much with. Shot a 51 on the front before making a putting grip change on the back 9 that helped quite a bit. 42 on the back with a triple and a birdie.

Few highlights:

Dtak84 has a phenomenal swing and is a great ball striker. He plays a different game out there than I am used to - can really move it off the tee but only does it when he has to. Would kill to have his swing!

Steele hits a towering 3W that just goes forever. He just enjoys being on the course and is always laughing/joking/commenting on something.

Afwcardinal - another guy that has some game. Low bullets off the tee that seem to run forever. 156 left into a par 5: enough said!

Watching Steele and dtak try to get it inside each other on the 100 yard par 3 was priceless. Sorry boys!!"

Yes the Falcon was phenomenal.... But 2shoes said "in heat"..... I don't think so.... Haha

And YES I have a blast on the course- its a GAME.
And me laughing/ Joking/ and commenting on things kinda reminds me of another guy I played with yesterday...... Named Cookie !! ;)

I wish I could have stayed to play another round today- y'all have fun.

Last edited:
Awesome to see the pictures and the comments. Glad everyone had a great time!

Just went through all 7 pages and it sounds like you guys had a freaking blast! Love those THP Tour Van Hats, they are sick! Glad I am not the only one who has jacked a moving car before lol. That course looked very nice and pretty wide open, would love to play it. Looking forward to updates after todays round. Have fun guys.

Sounds awesome, guys! I can't wait for the Van to come to NC.

Sounds great I really enjoy reading the about the events and seeing other THPers in action together the Rangefinder manages to set up some great destinations.

Great reviews. Better gear about any additional rounds today!

We would have loved to have you there! There is already talk of trying to put together a couple of more Texas outings...maybe in Dallas and Houston....they will be smaller and no Tour Van...but a bunch of great THPer's teeing it up together is always a blast!

Dallas would be perfect!

Thanks for the pics. Looks like it all came together well. Hope everybody (in Jman's 4some) stays safe today!

Back