THP @ Winstar Golf Course

Strange Taylor...on Tappa it's not showing him listed.

I was on the waiting list, looked like I would be making it but my wife legitimately asked me not to and I can't tell her no. She's in the middle of two consecutive months of nights (7p to 8a) and gets only Saturday and 1/2 of Sunday off. Because of that she obviously never gets out and about to see anyone the past month, she wants me to go with her to see out families, so I'm going.

Call me what you will, be upset if you will, I'm not happy about it either at the moment but I've already put a lot of big THP events past and future on the calendar this year that she won't be able to make so I have to give some too. She never asks for me to not do something THP related, so when she does I know it's time to listen.

I'm sorry, truly. Rest assured ill drive my ass all the way down to Dallas soon to see most of you, but this ones just not in the cards. Sorry, but I hope you guys understand.

James, its no problem man. Family first everytime buddy. We will miss you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Right thing or not, it pisses me off. But seeing as she's going to be the breadwinner in a couple more years, I'll deal. I fully get her side of it, she never gets to go and do anything, ever, in residency, it still sucks a little though.

Bah.

You going to be at Branson J?

I will definitely be there, that ones been on the books for a while and is paid for already so I can be sure to make that.

Sorry to hear James. I was looking forward to playing golf with a Sooner for the first time. JB and Jman continue to avoid me...........:D. Get ya next time my brotha!

Sorry to hear James. I was looking forward to playing golf with a Sooner for the first time. JB and Jman continue to avoid me...........:D. Get ya next time my brotha!

I believe I'm still owed a round at your course :alien:. Get Cookie and a non-weekend and I'll make the drive.

I believe I'm still owed a round at your course :alien:. Get Cookie and a non-weekend and I'll make the drive.
That is true!!! But we might have to talk Cookie into playing....I don't think he wants to play there anymore.

Not sure that course could handle 2 sets of Altitudes at once.

things-that-blew-your-mind-when-you-were-a-kid-1-30991-1346448555-3_big.jpg

If you're looking for a Sooner to beat, look no further :D

Im never going back

And I didn't even make you guys play from the blue tees...............talk about blowing one's mind?!

If you're looking for a Sooner to beat, look no further :D

Ah yes......it's back on!!! Looking forward to it big guy! Pumped you are making the drive for this. Well done!

Ok gents first post has been updated with tee times and pairings again. Nate can we get some details on this game, so we know how you are going to take all our money?

Thanks for the update, Aaron. Hopefully we can make the last 2 tee times on time.

Thanks for the update, Aaron. Hopefully we can make the last 2 tee times on time.

I was told if we didnt it was fine. Obviously its dependent on pace of play throughout the course.

Ok gents first post has been updated with tee times and pairings again. Nate can we get some details on this game, so we know how you are going to take all our money?
The Game

Based on everyone's established or guessed handicap that hopefully Aaron already has, everyone will be assigned a quota. This is a number, based on your handicap, that you are trying to hit by the time you walk off the 18th green. Points are scored the following ways on each hole:

Eagle - 8 points
Birdie - 4 points
Par - 2 points
Bogey - 1 point
Double Bogey or worse - 0 points

Now I know many of you are now thinking to yourself, what is my quota then? Well, I have the answer and it's pretty simple math. A zero handicapper, would in theory, score 36 points after a round of golf (par each hole = 2 points X 18 holes = 36 points). So everyone's handicap number is 36 - handicap = quota. For example, my 5 handicap (4.5 rounded up to 5) would put me at 31 quote points. Of course, based on my play, I might fall short of my quota or I might go over my quota. Going over one's quota is better!

Now here is where the players for Saturday get to vote. I don't want to make this a lot of $$$ since we are already paying $75 for round 1 and a few more bucks for round 2. So you guys can vote. We can make it a Group 1 vs Group 2 and each group will add the 4 players quotas to get a team quota and OR we can make it a singles competition between the 8 guys and winner takes home the $$$$.

This game gives no advantage to a high or low handicapper. Low handicapper has more points to get and a high handicapper has less. Team or player with the most points closest or over their quota wins. Thinking $5 or $10 per player no matter which game you guys choose. Team competition you double your $$$ or singles the winner gets it all but then has to buy beers for everyone else. Win/Win.

This is also a great way to keep everyone engaged during the entire round. We've all had those rounds where we start off poorly or loose concentration. Have a couple of bad holes here....no worries! Doesn't hurt you if you can turn things around.

So how bout it? Team or Individual and $5 or $10 a player? Vote now! Have any questions........ask away!

Here are the handicaps I have for everyone. If this isnt right speak now.

Niteowl03 - 14.2
Nate - 4.4
afwcardinal - 12.8
capt.dru - 18
threeboysdad - 16.8
Easy8 - 4.7
ducmike - 36
jank1434 - 5

Nate why dont we do $5 per player per 18?

I'm closer to about an 8. Potato, potatoe

Back