Tiger Woods 2013 Cover - Rickie

Very, very true. I still think they would've got it anyway. I enjoyed 2012 but I get upset because the equipment doesnt match whats out.

That was my beef with 2012 as well...outdated equipment! But I'm intrigued by 2013 because of the Kinect...I love my Kinect, and am very curious how they are going to integrate it into the game...

I believe there was some sort of bracketed voting contest to determine who was going to be on the cover...that's why Fowler is there. I don't remember the details, but I know Bubba Watson was asking for votes on Twitter.

I believe there was some sort of bracketed voting contest to determine who was going to be on the cover...that's why Fowler is there. I don't remember the details, but I know Bubba Watson was asking for votes on Twitter.

Pfffffft Bubba. Actually, it would've been fun to see him on there.

That was my beef with 2012 as well...outdated equipment! But I'm intrigued by 2013 because of the Kinect...I love my Kinect, and am very curious how they are going to integrate it into the game...

Haha me too! I never played enough to know if they offered DLC.

I see your point man, I wanted David Duval on the cover but nobody listened to me!

P4B we are of a dying breed lol.

Do you remember when Duval played against Tiger in that prime time made for TV match? See, why not bring those back and get DD on the cover of TW13? C'mon!!

David Duval = RATINGS. And he moves whatever sponsors him. Its gold!

I was really bummed when Poulter got knocked off the bracket. With his prior comments in the past about it only being him and Tiger at the top one day, it would have been hilarious had he won the cover.

I really like the cover with Rickie on it, especially with the Red Bull logo! Okay as a 17 year old kid who is been reading as this crap about the 10-13 year old kids buying this stuff, Like it or not, Rickie Fowler is the main and only reason I, and many others, even gave golf a shot at become something I pursued. Yeah, he doesn't move mountains like Rory with his golf game, but he brings the fans in because he isnt what golf should be. He's making the game better, like it or not. I'm sorry but I would appreciate it if people laid off the 10-13 year old Fowler fan comments. It's kind of offensive to me personally since he's my golfing hero.

If we laid off Rickie that would mean we'd have to lay off Eldrick and that isn't likely to happen either.

I really like the cover with Rickie on it, especially with the Red Bull logo! Okay as a 17 year old kid who is been reading as this crap about the 10-13 year old kids buying this stuff, Like it or not, Rickie Fowler is the main and only reason I, and many others, even gave golf a shot at become something I pursued. Yeah, he doesn't move mountains like Rory with his golf game, but he brings the fans in because he isnt what golf should be. He's making the game better, like it or not. I'm sorry but I would appreciate it if people laid off the 10-13 year old Fowler fan comments. It's kind of offensive to me personally since he's my golfing hero.

Well said bro. Well said.

Agreed. Rickie Fowler has been, dare I say it, instrumental in revitalizing the game as we know it. He is bringing lots of young people to the sport, who may become the next Rorys, Phils, Donalds, etc. And without the new blood in the sport, the sport becomes stagnant.

So we are only supposed to be HHJJ for all things Rickie and everybody else? How boring is that?

For the record, I like Rickie Fowler. I am not so fond of his wardrobe. And to tell me to not say anything not positive about him? Yeah, that's going to happen.

What I think people are saying is that Rickie hasn't done anything on the course to prove that he deserves to be on the cover of a major video game like this. What makes Rickie stand out is 1)his age (thus the 13 year old fan jokes), 2) his persona and 3) the ridiculous clothes he wears. In my opinion none of those things merit his face on the cover of a TW game. I would love to see Rickie win something, then we can start talking about him, until then he is fairly irrelevant to the majority of the golfing fans (especially those over the age of 18)

So we are only supposed to be HHJJ for all things Rickie and everybody else? How boring is that?

For the record, I like Rickie Fowler. I am not so fond of his wardrobe. And to tell me to not say anything not positive about him? Yeah, that's going to happen.

Understand completely about the wardrobe, it's not for everyone, for sure. And nobody is above criticism.

Im very confused by this post, and I like young Fowler. But I do have to ask, how he is making the game better? Has the game changed since he has been playing? What improvements did he make? While you personally enjoy him for whatever the reason, Im not sure that makes the game better. If I am missing something, please do explain.

You can go start up a fans of Rickie Fowler group (go to your Control Panel and click on Join Groups). Then you can create the group and moderate it.

Good for Big Rick. He reminds me of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Marketing machines but they don't win, or hardly ever contend.

That probably definitely played into it with him switching OEM's like that. Good point.

It's not official yet, but look at his apparel sponsor, and connect the dots.

Unofficially official that he is moving to Cobra.

Probably? Deal is done.

I have spoken to his agent and I was under the impression no deal is done. Im curious if there are actual facts that support this, or merely forum rumors that go around like Scotty Cameron walking around Nike, Rory signing with Nike, etc...

When Cobra was sold, Fowler himself said that he signed a multiyear deal with Titleist last September that would take him through 2012. There is an out that has been talked about and he can make a move at the end of this season, but there is no deal done at this time. Could it happen? Of course. Will it happen? I believe so, but it is NOT a done deal right now according to all the parties involved directly.

Like I said above, he has an out and it could very well happen, but the parties involved have said that a deal is not done as of yet.

Last edited:
I like the new cover, but I can't help but think Tiger is trying to do whatever he can to bring people back to his game. Whether it be that the game is the same every year with a couple of new courses, or that they produce a game with only half the courses and then want you to pay $5/course to download the rest of them in order to enjoy the game, or just that some fans don't like him any more and refuse to supprt him. But I think this move to add Rickie to the cover is a way to get some fans back to the game. Maybe he thinks people will buy the game because Rickie is on the cover? Maybe that is why he had a vote to see who would be on it, because he wanted to most support he could get for a player, that way if they were on the cover maybe people will buy it. I admit, I buy the game every year just for the new courses and equipment, but I don't download all the extra stuff because I refuse to pay extra $$$ for stuff that should already be in the game and I think that is shady on EA Sports' part. I just play the courses that are on the game against my friends, and I just don't play through the season that requires you to purchase all those courses...But I am sure that there are thousands of other people that have quit buying it for that fact so he is doing what he can to get people to buy the game again, so he puts a new fan-favorite on the cover.

I also found this while researching and I found something very very interesting while a Cobra rep was discussing there new AMP line.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlZRsiCtwPc&feature=related

I love how he refers to the player as "Hot" and when he says "the color gives it away" you can see the grip of the club he's holding is Orange. I think it's obvious he's talking about Fowler.

Agreed. Rickie Fowler has been, dare I say it, instrumental in revitalizing the game as we know it. He is bringing lots of young people to the sport, who may become the next Rorys, Phils, Donalds, etc. And without the new blood in the sport, the sport becomes stagnant.
How so? By wearing a lot of orange clothes and flat brimmed hats?

What I think people are saying is that Rickie hasn't done anything on the course to prove that he deserves to be on the cover of a major video game like this. What makes Rickie stand out is 1)his age (thus the 13 year old fan jokes), 2) his persona and 3) the ridiculous clothes he wears. In my opinion none of those things merit his face on the cover of a TW game. I would love to see Rickie win something, then we can start talking about him, until then he is fairly irrelevant to the majority of the golfing fans (especially those over the age of 18)
I like Fowler, really enjoy watching him play. But, you are correct, he has done nothing to warrant being on a cover of a video game, but if it sells more copies because of him being there, then EA got it right.

I'm not going to play or buy this game. I'm boycotting. Paul Casey wasn't even considered. Who and what has Rickie Fowler done? Honestly, it's baffling.

Mcilroy didn't do a whole lot before he was on the cover, and now he's a superstar. Maybe Tiger Woods has a curse that is opposite of the Madden curse. I'm curious to see how well the kinect works with the game. I might have to consider getting the set up.

The grip is a tour velvet cord, red.

I also found this while researching and I found something very very interesting while a Cobra rep was discussing there new AMP line.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlZRsiCtwPc&feature=related

I love how he refers to the player as "Hot" and when he says "the color gives it away" you can see the grip of the club he's holding is Orange. I think it's obvious he's talking about Fowler.

I don't like Rickie Fowler, and I'm a teenager. The guy tried to wear his hat backwards at a tournament. Okay, cool "bro". He's a little too out there for me. Flat brimmed hats aren't doing it for me on the golf course.

Back