Tiger Woods 2013 Cover - Rickie

Oh God, kill that thing with fire. He looks like his name should be Mike Honcho.

I will never make fun of someone sporting a mustache in the support of Movember.

Yikes. That is a fluffy stache.

Ricky sure does bring out some intense feelings in folks. I don't really care whether he's on that video game cover or not. He's pretty popular with the younger folks and that's fine with me. Seems like a nice guy. I think the whole ensemble he sports is silly looking, but I'm pretty sure that some people said the same thing about me at one point.
I was a little shocked that's the case...I guess.

My 15 year old son started watching golf with me on TV this summer for the first time. He then told me he wanted a set of clubs and some lessons (he's a lefty). For his birthday in July, he asked for a flat bill Fowler hat. Does this make a case for Fowler making a difference? A little one anyway. I say congrats to him and hope nothing but the best for the young guy.

I did buy TW 12 (for me to play) and my son plays with me now...he uses Fowler. Am I happy about him making covers and stuff...if it means I'll soon be playing golf with my son...you bet.

TW 11 had Rory on the cover BEFORE he won anything, and the Euro version of 12 has Rory on the Cover with TW again. Has absolutely nothing to do with talent, and I am not commenting on the talent or lack there of of either player. It comes down to who some Marketing Exec thinks will help sell the most games. Obviously, they don't feel that TW alone can sell the franchise anymore.

Although I can see your point, half the fun of movember(or up here at least) is getting ripped on, or ripping on your buddys and comparing moustaches.

I will never make fun of someone sporting a mustache in the support of Movember.

TW 11 had Rory on the cover BEFORE he won anything, and the Euro version of 12 has Rory on the Cover with TW again. Has absolutely nothing to do with talent, and I am not commenting on the talent or lack there of of either player. It comes down to who some Marketing Exec thinks will help sell the most games. Obviously, they don't feel that TW alone can sell the franchise anymore.
You got that right. That IS what it is all about. EA had a voting contest for who should be on the cover, and if I remember correctly, Fowler won by quite a large margin. Rickie being on the cover, wearing his orange costume, will draw the attention of a younger gamer who in the past, may not have picked the game up. If they sell more copies with Rickie on the cover than they did the year before without him, then it was successful.

Although I can see your point, half the fun of movember(or up here at least) is getting ripped on, or ripping on your buddys and comparing moustaches.

^ This. It's for a great cause, but half the fun is the needling you get/give.

No matter your feelings on Rickie Fowler and his style, you have to admit that to the layperson, he is one of the most recognizable golfers on the tour outside of Tiger Woods. I have seen many duffers on the course in full "Rickie regalia", its funny to me, but you can see how effective his branding is.

That being said, we should be thankful that a kid from Murrieta isn't sporting Affliction shirts and other d-bag approved apparel. Trust me when I say that a kid from the 909 could have done a whole lot worse!

Am I the only one that noticed that Tiger isn't wearing Victory Red? Bbwwwaaahahah!! Just say'n.

If this works with Kinect though, it might be fun.

Am I the only one that noticed that Tiger isn't wearing Victory Red? Bbwwwaaahahah!! Just say'n.

If this works with Kinect though, it might be fun.

Not the first time he's not worn red. He wore blue in one I think?

Say what you want about Rickie's get up. I think that Tiger's lame grey slacks, white belt and plum shirt is way worse.

Say what you want about Rickie's get up. I think that Tiger's lame grey slacks, white belt and plum shirt is way worse.

lasphemy! How can you say something bad about Eldrick? Don't you know he's back? hehe

No matter your feelings on Rickie Fowler and his style, you have to admit that to the layperson, he is one of the most recognizable golfers on the tour outside of Tiger Woods. I have seen many duffers on the course in full "Rickie regalia", its funny to me, but you can see how effective his branding is.

That being said, we should be thankful that a kid from Murrieta isn't sporting Affliction shirts and other d-bag approved apparel. Trust me when I say that a kid from the 909 could have done a whole lot worse!

Hahaha!!! This is an awesome post! You are totally right! Considering where he hails from, he is a rockstar! I retract any disparaging comments I may have made about him. He has done so much more than should have ever been expected from him considering he is from the 909!

God that water "splash" effect looks terrible.

I for one am a Rickie Fan. He kinda got me interested in watching golf on TV again. I'm over Tiger, and have been for several years, so he pushes my golf watching meter no where. I do have a some Puma Golf Monolines, shirts, and pants. Did I buy them because of the "Rickie Factor"? Sure, because I'm a fan. Its the same reason I have a Peyton Manning, Dwight Freeney, Albert Pujols, Adam Foote and others jerseys in my closet. Because of I'm a fan of those players and teams.

I doubt that 98% of the people that are going to buy TW '13 care that Rickie hasn't "done" anything in golf. For some reason there seems to be a thought that has ran through this entire thread that who ever is on the cover of the game is all the sudden the ultimate face of golf. I don't think this to be true. If we are going to go on playing merits for the cover, I'm sure there are several cases that can be made to put Ben Hogan, Bobbby Jones, and Old Tom Morris on the cover. Its a cover to a game that is marketed to people between the ages of 7 and 24, its not the end of the golfing world as we know it.

I like Rickie, but I don't like his hats.

Back