Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Just got fitted for a 910D2 w/ the Motore F3 70g shaft here in Hong Kong. Curiously the Motores and the RIP are the only "stock" shafts that are offered at no upcharge here. Does anyone know why...?

Just got fitted for a 910D2 w/ the Motore F3 70g shaft here in Hong Kong. Curiously the Motores and the RIP are the only "stock" shafts that are offered at no upcharge here. Does anyone know why...?

Are they not offering them with the Diamana shafts?

Are they not offering them with the Diamana shafts?
they do but for an extra charge... I checked the titleist page for china and it seems that the F3 is the "default" shaft here... Whereas in japan they have some other shafts (they have the diamana one though), I have no idea why! It just so happens that the F3 works for my swing so I just went with that combo.

Really loving what I'm seeing from the D2 these past couple days. I haven't been able to get on the course like I had wanted, but the range has been fueling my love for this club.

I've been going to two different ranges (one is extremely windy and one is fairly calm). I'll play my settings at D4 in the calmer air and get a nice high launch that levels out pretty well and just keeps going. In the wind I set the head down to D1 and hit low-mid bullets that get plenty of roll out to give me good distance and combat the strong winds here very well.

The fitting system that Titleist has incorporated into their metals is impressive to say the least. From what I have seen in my ball flight patterns the adjustments that you make on the hosel are definately noticeable. Setting the club up at a draw position had me hitting the ball straight as an arrow or even a little right to left which I've never done too much before. However, I like to keep the setting at neutral as far as lie angle is concerned because I've grown to love the look of my 10-15 yard fade off of the teebox. It's predictable whereas a draw seems to roll out to all sorts of bad places.

Well, I'm in a skin and wound care seminar right now (getting started) so I'll return later on to post more.

I had been struggling with my driver for a few years. I had been pushing it straight right and that is my miss when I'm going bad. However this year I seem to have dialed in the D2.

5/22--FIR 50%
6/11--FIR 69.2%
6/17--FIR 64.3%
6/26--FIR 57.1%
7/8--FIR 78.6%
7/23--FIR 42.9%
8/5--FIR 71.4%

I had been struggling with my driver for a few years. I had been pushing it straight right and that is my miss when I'm going bad. However this year I seem to have dialed in the D2.

5/22--FIR 50%
6/11--FIR 69.2%
6/17--FIR 64.3%
6/26--FIR 57.1%
7/8--FIR 78.6%
7/23--FIR 42.9%
8/5--FIR 71.4%

thats some good shooting right there

5/22--FIR 50%
6/11--FIR 69.2%
6/17--FIR 64.3%
6/26--FIR 57.1%
7/8--FIR 78.6%
7/23--FIR 42.9%
8/5--FIR 71.4%

Nice job man! On your misses, what side of the FW are they and how much are you missing by?

Nice job man! On your misses, what side of the FW are they and how much are you missing by?

Depends on the day. My usual miss is a hook. On bad days(like 7/23) I push everything straight right. The ball will start right and just keep going straight. It's an automatic lost ball which is why on those days I put up big numbers. On my normal days my misses are usually first cut.

Does anybody know where a good deal can be found for the weight kit for the 910 D2?

Does anybody know where a good deal can be found for the weight kit for the 910 D2?

Blind9?

ETA: Google brought up a few results for $50.

Why does it not come with it? Kinda crappy IMO...

Blind9?

ETA: Google brought up a few results for $50.

Why does it not come with it? Kinda crappy IMO...

I was thinking Blind9 would be my first choice. The club has not arrived yet. I am sure they would not throw the weights in but the wrench should definitely be included. I remember the TaylorMade drivers coming with wrenches but the weight kits were extra.

I was thinking Blind9 would be my first choice. The club has not arrived yet. I am sure they would not throw the weights in but the wrench should definitely be included. I remember the TaylorMade drivers coming with wrenches but the weight kits were extra.

Gotcha...guess I was spoiled with the Z-Star coming with wrench and 7,7,11,3 weights.

Depends on the day. My usual miss is a hook. On bad days(like 7/23) I push everything straight right. The ball will start right and just keep going straight. It's an automatic lost ball which is why on those days I put up big numbers. On my normal days my misses are usually first cut.

CL, next time we play together, would you mind if I gave your D2 a few swings? When I was searching for my driver, this was a VERY close #2 for me. I'd like to see if it really performed as well on the course as the simulator.

CL, next time we play together, would you mind if I gave your D2 a few swings? When I was searching for my driver, this was a VERY close #2 for me. I'd like to see if it really performed as well on the course as the simulator.

Not at all.

The wrench was included with my driver. Was it not for anybody else?

We definitely need to get another round in soon CL.

The wrench was included with my driver. Was it not for anybody else?

We definitely need to get another round in soon CL.

The wrench I would expect, but I bet the weights are an option at more more money?

the wrench always comes with the driver, its the woods and hybrids it doesnt come with, there are some free ones to be had from titleist though, just gotta call them

The wrench I would expect, but I bet the weights are an option at more more money?

I got ya! I miss playing golf with ya Ole Gray! I am sad to think we can't have our almost monthly round.

---
- Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

I got ya! I miss playing golf with ya Ole Gray! I am sad to think we can't have our almost monthly round.

---
- Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

I miss my buddy Setho too! Lord have mercy we have had some great times together! I will see you in Blairsville in October and can't wait to pull out my new driver on you boys :blob:

The D2 is a BEAST! Got my first actual round in today with the new stick and all I can say I wow.

I actually put the hosel to A3 (highest loft and 1.5* upright) and even though it was windy I found that my newly introduced draw actually held against the wind very well even though my ball flight was crazy high.

By high I don't mean ballooning, actually quite the contrary. The ball shoots off the face and climbs quick but it's always a good level climb. After the peak of trajectory the ball falls pretty quickly but not straight down. Rollout is minimal but I like it that way as I hate the random directions your ball can take off if it hits the ground running.

I always played a fade before because I like the softer landing and being able to predict where it's gonna stop...kinda. My draw always takes off screaming on the ground and has a 50/50 chance of ending up where it doesn't belong. Not any more though with the way I have my D2 set up.

Played 18 today and hit my driver off of all 14 par 4's and 5's. Hit 9 FIR with 4 of the other 5 being in very playable condition. Snap hooked one oob and into a gulch.

Overall it was a great day from the tees. I'm pretty darned excited about the many future rounds the D2 and I are gonna have.

The D2 is a BEAST! Got my first actual round in today with the new stick and all I can say I wow.

I actually put the hosel to A3 (highest loft and 1.5* upright) and even though it was windy I found that my newly introduced draw actually held against the wind very well even though my ball flight was crazy high.

By high I don't mean ballooning, actually quite the contrary. The ball shoots off the face and climbs quick but it's always a good level climb. After the peak of trajectory the ball falls pretty quickly but not straight down. Rollout is minimal but I like it that way as I hate the random directions your ball can take off if it hits the ground running.

I always played a fade before because I like the softer landing and being able to predict where it's gonna stop...kinda. My draw always takes off screaming on the ground and has a 50/50 chance of ending up where it doesn't belong. Not any more though with the way I have my D2 set up.

Played 18 today and hit my driver off of all 14 par 4's and 5's. Hit 9 FIR with 4 of the other 5 being in very playable condition. Snap hooked one oob and into a gulch.

Overall it was a great day from the tees. I'm pretty darned excited about the many future rounds the D2 and I are gonna have.

Good stuff Colt. Mine should arrive via UPS today so I am excited to get to work on my bonding time with the D2!

I am still pondering a shaft change. Next weekend, I should be spending some 1-on-1 time with a Titleist fitting rep to see what works but last night I stopped at a Golfsmith and tried some different combos. Unfortunately they didn't have a lot of shaft options available. I just didn't have a lot of feel with the PX shaft and the results were abysmal. I loved the feel of the RIP shaft, but it does not launch high enough since it was in the 8* area (isn't there a higher launching model called Alpha or something?), and the my normal shaft on the monitor gave expected results. I did find that I like the feel of a heavier (or boardier) shaft. Any suggestions about a heavier/boardier shaft that will get the ball up in the air (mid launch) without too much backspin?

Back